Jazz

Goat Format War League

+Jazz    5539

Actually lets go back to the previous point
Why was Don't Forget barred from making a team?
like, the fuck?

Because we had a 7 day registration period and then a draft and he came in during the middle of the draft and asked to make a pre-assembled team. I told him he could sign up as a reserve but he expressed no interest in doing such and apparently decided he would only like to play in this league if he himself could pick his team.

»BoraxTheLean    7119

Also Borax, "maintain my agenda"? Are you fucking kidding me? I asked people to debate on the topic and I wanted to see the other side of the argument. Honestly, I could have done whatever I wanted with the rules and changed it to the way that I want it, but I decided that would not be the best thing for the league at this point.

If you wanted people to debate the topic, you wouldn't have told me to not debate the topic!

You just wanted to ban OTKs.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

+Jazz    5539

Guys, guys, guys, debate is over, can we just resume dueling?

Before we play a match be sure to tell me whether you like it fast and hard or slow and gentle and I will choose my deck accordingly.

Also change my team name to xXx360NoGoatsGetCombodxXx

Or do we need to make a poll whether team name changes should be allowed?

Lol no you don't have to make a poll. But I would ask are you sure that is your final team name since I am tired of making these edits @_@

»BoraxTheLean    7119

Actually lets go back to the previous point
Why was Don't Forget barred from making a team?
like, the fuck?

Because we had a 7 day registration period and then a draft and he came in during the middle of the draft and asked to make a pre-assembled team. I told him he could sign up as a reserve but he expressed no interest in doing such and apparently decided he would only like to play in this league if he himself could pick his team.

Oh makes sense.

Sounds like a site wide PSA would be useful next time something like that happens.
  • Upvote 2

+rei+    35034
okay i wasn't sure because you only ever responded to him with open hostility and the implication that he didn't matter enough to be included.
  • Upvote 1

+Jazz    5539

Also Borax, "maintain my agenda"? Are you fucking kidding me? I asked people to debate on the topic and I wanted to see the other side of the argument. Honestly, I could have done whatever I wanted with the rules and changed it to the way that I want it, but I decided that would not be the best thing for the league at this point.

If you wanted people to debate the topic, you wouldn't have told me to not debate the topic!

No. I didn't tell you not to debate the topic. I told you to stop doing what you were doing. In a proper debate you do not post links to articles, just like it says in the rules in the debate forum of this message boards.

+Jazz    5539

okay i wasn't sure because you only ever responded to him with open hostility and the implication that he didn't matter enough to be included.

Yeah sorry about that. It was really clear he didn't want to play by the rules that everybody else was. I don't want someone like that to join, but I actually still let him be a reserve if anyone else wants to claim him later.

• Upvote 3

»BoraxTheLean    7119

No. I didn't tell you not to debate the topic. I told you to stop doing what you were doing. In a proper debate you do not post links to articles, just like it says in the rules in the debate forum of this message boards.

You're really good at splitting hairs. Sadly, that is not conducive for good debate or discussion.

You should get your act together if you're going to host a community wide event like this.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

ACP    33423

Before we play a match be sure to tell me whether you like it fast and hard or slow and gentle and I will choose my deck accordingly.

Lol no you don't have to make a poll. But I would ask are you sure that is your final team name since I am tired of making these edits @_@
Yes, I want my team name to be that so I can ironically say phrases like "l33t" and "get combod n00bs".

»Paraliel    8035

Yes, I want my team name to be that so I can ironically say phrases like "l33t" and "get combod n00bs".
420 Combo it

+rei+    35034
in 2005 it was still 1337 allen
  • Upvote 1

+rei+    35034
also add me as a reserve, dn is dg rei
  • Upvote 1

+Jazz    5539

You're really good at splitting hairs. Sadly, that is not conducive for good debate or discussion.

You should get your act together if you're going to host a community wide event like this.

I mean honestly, I am not splitting hairs. The fact that you kept linking and posting long quotes from your article is what bothered me. It struck me as lazy and opportunist to advance some cause you had outside of this league.

My act was together. The problem was that people who disagreed with the allowance of OTKs were not vocal until after we started. I actually didn't think it would be a problem and IN FACT it was MY IDEA to have no honor bans in the first place.

ACP    33423

420 Combo it
Fuck Goats, Get Combod, Smoke Bitches

Am I doing this right?
  • Upvote 2

»Paraliel    8035

I mean honestly, I am not splitting hairs. The fact that you kept linking and posting long quotes from your article is what bothered me. It struck me as lazy and opportunist to advance some cause you had outside of this league.

My act was together. The problem was that people who disagreed with the allowance of OTKs were not vocal until after we started. I actually didn't think it would be a problem and IN FACT it was MY IDEA to have no honor bans in the first place.
Time to clear something up since you would understand what Owen was saying had you read the article. The article explains that bad players are scrubs and scrubs are people who hinder themselves with made up rules (omg u just keep spamming a!) and don't play the actual game at hand and that's what keeps them behind. That's a shortened version of the article.

He's telling people saying "NO OTKS!" to stop being scrubs.

hey wait arent i like on the war council with allen cant we like overthrow jazz or something if hes being unreasonable

• Upvote 1

LFN    3239

hey wait arent i like on the war council with allen cant we like overthrow jazz or something if hes being unreasonable

said Vice Captain Sanada, as he plotted the mutiny

Captain Sanada had a nice ring to it

• Upvote 7

ACP    33423
No Vice Captain

Peace, Love, Unity, Goats

That's our motto

PLUG

ACP    33423
Honestly guys this thread is providing me with way too much entertainment you guys need to get this shit under control or I might go over the edge.

Well, I guess the new team name makes me kinda obligated to be a degenerate now...

This thread is also incredible.

• Upvote 1

you should call your team TJ and the Combos

Honestly guys this thread is providing me with way too much entertainment you guys need to get this shit under control or I might go over the edge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmHMcKN8xlI

also toss me in as a reserve, or another team can be made?

Exiled/Exiled

+Jazz    5539
Goat format plus bans on Book of Taiyou, Mass Driver, Reload, Cyber Jar, Needle Worm, Serial Spell, Reasoning, Monster Gate, etc is a legitimately good format on its own.

Has nothing to do with being a scrub.

It's just not what we have decided to play this time. We will see what people like better for next time I guess, and it's about time we played a no honor bans tournament anyway.

+Jazz    5539
Is it possible for the league to get too big? I'll let war council decide on issue of one more team. Go.

I vote yes, but absolutely last one:
Exiled
Rei
Don't Forget
??? Other reserve