Jazz

Goat Format War League

the more the merrier imo

I think that its okay to work out the kinks along the way - it seems as if there are lots of people with interest so we shouldnt prevent them from playing, also making teams out of reserves is smart - especially since this is such a new concept.

we can make changes if we notice a persistent problem but lets just do more of an open season type thing for now and see where the pieces fall and correct as we go

Im actually really excited that rei is going to play

+Jazz    5488

the more the merrier imo

I think that its okay to work out the kinks along the way - it seems as if there are lots of people with interest so we shouldnt prevent them from playing, also making teams out of reserves is smart - especially since this is such a new concept.

we can make changes if we notice a persistent problem but lets just do more of an open season type thing for now and see where the pieces fall and correct as we go

Im actually really excited that rei is going to play

If it's open season, we absolutely need a hard cutoff date after which no more teams may be started.

+Jazz    5488
I also feel like war council should always group the teams. We don't want super shitty teams or super amazing teams--they need to be somewhat balanced.

OD Superman    1122

Well the pool of reserves =/= the pool of free agents in terms of quantity or quality, so I'm not sure how much I like the idea of making new teams from them. But if we go that route, it should probably only ever happen once (to ensure each team is as balanced as possible and draws from the largest possible pool of reserves).

Also, question: I've never warred or anything but is it typical for the War Council to be comprised of only a handful of captains (and not, say, all of them)?

itswhatever    3286

Add me as a reserve. Dn: itswhatever0

I play lots of cool decks!

I may make a team idk

• Upvote 1

Rabbid.    10

DN just shut down on mine and OD superman's game 4 on my turn. was way early and we both had a lot of cards. I was down in LP like 4450-8000, but like I said, we both had a lot left. I don't know if it means anything, but it started lagging pretty hard once we hit 5 watchers.

kicking myself for not having screenshotted to show my hand lol

OD Superman    1122

DN just shut down on mine and OD superman's game 4. was way early and we both had a lot of cards. I don't know if it means anything, but it started lagging pretty hard once we hit 5 watchers.

This happened* and then I went to beat up my router. Then my router directed me to, "http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/duelingnetwork.com". And that's the story of how I didn't beat up my router.

*EDIT: Except I was totally going to win that one. ;) Okay with continuing from G4 though.

Rabbid.    10

ah gotcha. that's fine, we can just replay the game then. I'm still on now if your router is back in business lol

ACP    33418

I take it back let's make our team name

No Combo, Goats Only, Final Destination

• Upvote 5

ACP    33418

All we need is a poorly drawn paint comic.

Rabbid.    10

lost to perovic 2-3. crazy game 1, I played poorly in game 4, and didn't have the outs in game 5. definitely good games though

OD Superman    1122

lost to perovic 2-3. crazy game 1, I played poorly in game 4, and didn't have the outs in game 5. definitely good games though

Yeah, they were.

Can't believe I lost that G1 though... WHO READS D.D. ASSAILANT WHEN SPIRIT REAPER IS A CARD?

Living Legend    3798

maybe this is the wrong place to post this but it seems like gk watcher>>>neko mane king, havent tested it too much they could play around neko by just waiting for the card d+serial spell combo in which case you still deck out

• Upvote 1

+Jazz    5488

Ok guys, the people have spoken. While I disagree, we will continue to allow OTKs and everything else. I will leave the poll open for you all to change your mind and reassess the situation once you see the mistake you have made ;). For those of us who hate OTKs and love actual goats, the solution is simple: make strong side decks and beat the shit out of them in games 2-5.

even when you've lost you can't stop passive aggressively whining, have you ever in your life acknowledged you were wrong?

Rei, this whole debate was never about who is right and who is wrong. The fact is there are a bunch of people who agree with me and a bunch more who disagree with me.

I made the best decision for the league, in my mind. But I'm not going to say "oh I was wrong about OTKs" because I don't feel that way. I'm sticking to my guns, but I'm not being sore about it. I do think time and the chance to play in this format with OTKs may change a few peoples minds about voting "No." I don't see how that's passive aggressive, that's just my honest opinion.

POLLUTEDxDELTA    1887

I'll be available for games most of tomorrow (Friday) afternoon. Message me here or on DN if you see me and want to play.

• Upvote 1

Matt Bishop    2377
Wait until a couple people get styled on with last turn. That shit is mad fucking homo
  • Upvote 4

nippie    23

so how does this work?  i've never played in a war before.  do i just play whoever in a best of 5 and report it back here?

btw i am on to play

• Upvote 2

+Jazz    5488

Side deck ready, on for games.

Also nippie, yes, that's the basic idea. Just be sure you are familiar with the rules in the bottom of the OP. And later in the season it will be important to check the war history to make sure you don't face someone in an illegal matchup.

• Upvote 1

+Jazz    5488

Won vs. pyr0 3-1 very good games