Archlord Azrael

Josh Graham - an 'Impact'-ing Tale of grand theft.

252 posts in this topic

how do they make sure ppl dont screencheat with this

or are the hands played open

they said there is a delay on the streams coming from the players, but the commentary is live or something like that.

ez check for opening hands and shit even with delay. given josh's reputation i wouldn't put him past that

They said there's a definite 7 minute delay with the stream, which should be more than enough to negate any sort of advantage, it's almost impossible to hold a card in your hand for more than 7 minutes in hearthstone, not playing a card for 7 whole turns, na. 

I face to face transactions over $100..... I'd never imagine shipping something that much.

But god damn he's a cunt.

i think one of the mods on the chat linked to some hearthstone publisher reporter or something... did someone follow up on that?

Couldn't. I've no twitter.

Edit: It was this guy, I think.

In case someone from The Organization or Sean himself wants to link him the story.

The Organization is mostly in the dark about this. This would be something only I or Dan could step in on.

I have a scary black friend who could come in handy right about now

I have a scary black friend who could come in handy right about now

is it ur boyfriend bubba who just got out of jail

My type is short blonde boys sorry

Totally didnt see this comming

I remember this considering the time I was friends with both of them I also have messages from josh on Facebook stating he never planned on paying Sean and bragging about getting away with it. I didn't know the whole scenario, as in Sean taking it into legal matters or I would've told him this myself. Not until seeing this now I had no idea though. Not sure if there is anything as an outside party that I can do but I would like to also verify that Josh is scum and this all is true.

Karma will be a bitch he'll get his turn

I have had a $100 trade binder stolen when I was 10, and a Pojo user with 117 positive refs (freezedude) took my Big Eye (before the reprint I believe) and 3 ultra Upstart and I had the Ancient Mew I got back in 2000 stolen from me. So having stuff you held close to you and stuff you played and won and traded for sucks. Shitty people taking what others worked for.

So I don't exactly know the feeling of what Earl lost (I never had a collection go over $500) but I have a slight feeling. And it is enough for me to want to see that he gets justice.

the funniest is josh is gonna sue "the organization" (not a legal entity) for "slander" and "damages" (slander is spoken word, and he'd have to demonstrate financial damages... and truth is an absolute defense and there's demonstratable evidence... and the posters are in the US and he is not... and he doesn't have real names or addresses and lacks the ability to compel that information out of anyone in a legal context...)

So did we ban Josh (again) yet?

Don't think DGz bans people for being thieving scumbags off-site and it might be better to keep him here under a tarnished name everybody knows instead of him making a multi to pull the same shit over and over.

Now don't get me wrong guys, Josh is the scummiest of the scums, and I have been saying that forever, but... there's a reason why so many Yugioh players steal, and it goes back to economics.

Yugioh is a game that:

- Is very addictive

- Gives back very little for playing it (ie bad prize support)

- Has expensive cards/is expensive to play competitively

This is sort of the perfect storm of conditions to encourage rampant theft. You'll notice there's a lot of theft in the hard drug community for the same reasons. Now I'm not trying to say that playing Yugioh is a bad as doing heroine, just the fact that you can't help but notice some similarities.

This is why a strong percentage of pros and pseudo-pros steal. I'm not trying to make excuses for them. The issue, as usual, is the fact that a lot of Yugioh players seem to have a sense of entitlement. The idea that "I'm good at YGO and am not getting rewarded for it; therefore, I have the right to steal to fund my addiction/hobby." It's a very dangerous mentality. I'm just pointing out that it doesn't end here. As much as we'd like for Josh Graham to be our supervillain, there are many others who are doing very similar things. It used to be very common over here that we'd brag about scamming pojoers. There were literally teams of Yugioh players who funded their trips in a large part by stealing.

Honestly, I will say that this is unlikely to end without either the economic conditions of the game changing, or a very massive revolution by the players, a "War on Scumbaggery" if you will. And it would need to be many times larger than the mediocre #OccupyYGO. Your best bet, if you're not a scumbag and don't want to be around scumbags, or want to a play TCG without having to be rich or a scumbag, would be to stop playing YGO. I know everyone's going to say, "We get it Allen, you don't like YGO," but this is a very serious issue. I honestly hadn't really put the pieces together until this thread blew up and made me think about the deeper causes of the problem here.

considering hes stated multiple times his intention to use dgz as a vehicle to advertise for his fake business ventures (read: online yugioh scams) we should probably ban him

Considering advertising is a banworthy offense anyway, yeah.

We get it Allen, you don't like YGO.

(you're right though.)

If we could get enough players to stop being pussies and help, a war on scumbags would be my preferred route.

This is a great article. I showed it to a friend of mine, who knows Josh, and no longer plays Yu-Gi-Oh! He was fairly pleased about how informative it was. He had tried to be friends with Josh at one point, but it was too hard due to just how disgusting Josh truly is. The same applies to me. I'm really glad people are finally being made aware of the terrible things this guy has been doing. I've never met a more selfish, rude, petty person in my life. Josh honestly is a waste of perfectly good air. 

Side note: My friend also suggests that you should get into journalism if you're not already, haha. He feels this is a really quality article.