ozy    724

63651.jpg

In a fantasy world, fighter Tatsumi sets out for the Capitol to earn money for his starving village, and finds a world of unimaginable corruption, all spreading from the depraved Prime Minister who controls the child Emperor's ear. After nearly becoming a victim of this corruption himself, Tatsumi is recruited by Night Raid, a group of assassins dedicated to eliminating the corruption plaguing the Capitol by mercilessly killing those responsible. (courtesy of MAL)

This ain't your ordinary fantasy shit. Rape, murder, gore, psychotic pedo clowns, arsonists, etc. Odds are if it's bad for humanity it's in here.

White Fox brought you Steins;Gate and Katanagatari before the last couple seasons very forgettable Sonico shit and Is the order a moeblob but they adapted the first episode really well and followed the manga. It wasn't even really censored which was really nice and I hope that keeps up as it ramps up the violence. First chapter/episode was pretty tame.

I have high hopes for this show.

Obligatory no manga spoilers pls.
  • Upvote 2

Tsunayoshi    104

To be fair about the first ep, it was still fairly tame for the most part until hitting the reveal at the end. Gonna have to wait until things really get going that we see if they try to tone stuff down or not.

»victor    6399
Having not read the manga, etc. somebody had described it as being like Attack on Titan.

Watched the first episode and am looking forward to it.

+Silver    1012

Having not read the manga, etc. somebody had described it as being like Attack on Titan.

Watched the first episode and am looking forward to it.

Sawyer7mage?

Literally why I started watching it.

I mean, It was ok. Almost lost interest until I saw Kitty.

Hellviper    1189

Really hope this is as good as the manga. The anime getting toned down would greatly disappoint me..

ozy    724

I mean if you're watching it because of the ultraviolence, then yeh, it's similar to Titan in that regard. It's not an outclassed remnants of humanity vs ridiculous op entity thing tho, if that's what you're wanting out of the SnK comparison.

»victor    6399

I mean if you're watching it because of the ultraviolence, then yeh, it's similar to Titan in that regard. It's not an outclassed remnants of humanity vs ridiculous op entity thing tho, if that's what you're wanting out of the SnK comparison.

I was already kind of spoiled in that, like GoT, [spoiler]everybody, even main characters can die[/spoiler].

+Urthor    10235

AoT is PG rated compared to this

• Upvote 2

Tsunayoshi    104

AoT is PG rated compared to this

This is PG compared to Berserk and honestly, that might be the better comparison considering what most people know about that series.

+Urthor    10235

ic

Fun Fact: I refuse to watch/read Berserk even tho it's apparently the best thing ever, because fuck getting attached to a series that will never be ended.  

Same goes for HxH.

Tsunayoshi    104

ic

Fun Fact: I refuse to watch/read Berserk even tho it's apparently the best thing ever, because fuck getting attached to a series that will never be ended.  

Same goes for HxH.

Dont blame ya. Takes the special sort to get attached to Berserk knowing how long its been running and the fact its still not finished.

Plsnobully    776

Yuu Asakawa is perfect.

Actually, the entire VA casting was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. 

chris5462    65

Love the first episode, this and tokyo ghoul i have high hopes for.

+Urthor    10235

u wot

They censored the shit outta it.  

What's the point of making an anime out of Akame Go Kill if you're going to cut away from every gory scene in the anime, or only flash it up for half a second

»PSK    4454

Man idk I wasn't expecting Bulat to fucking destroy that dude with Neuntote. I thought there'd be more censoring than there was. 

ozy    724

u wot

They censored the shit outta it.  

What's the point of making an anime out of Akame Go Kill if you're going to cut away from every gory scene in the anime, or only flash it up for half a second

The only thing that was really censored was when Tatsumi killed that bitch. Yeh they did cut aways and but the gore was still there (the one bitch was straight cut in half).

Go watch Tokyo Ghoul and talk to me about censoring lol.

That said I do expect censoring going forward too as it gets more gruesome.

+Urthor    10235

Tokyo Ghoul seems very much like a series where reading the manga is 10x more worth it tbh

Honestly it's a problem tho, it really takes the heart out of the series if you censor because it's supposed to SHOCK you with the depravity and utter moral gruesomeness, that's the core gig, and how do you shock someone to their bones if you're censoring. 

ozy    724

I mean that's undoubtedly true, I'm not saying that. Although I'd argue that the hallmark of the series is more the fact that [spoiler] no one is safe literally ever, main characters can and will be destroyed[/spoiler] than the shock and depravity.

What I am saying is that it wasn't nearly as censored as they could have done, it (so far) is accurately adapting the manga, and the ultraviolence and depravity is still going to be there, it just won't be as over the top as the manga.

Which considering the anime is supposed to advance the sales of the manga, it's most likely going to be doing it's job.

If you're really overly concerned about censoring than you can be patient and wait 4-6 months for the BDs. Or you can be like me and be impatient and just watch it airing and complain about it anyway.

Tsunayoshi    104

Honestly the only over censoring I'm expecting is the eventual dub when it comes out.

Otherwise the anime is dealing rather well at the moment. As for shock value, that didnt start to set in until right before the Jaegers started forming.

I mean for all intents and purposes, tatsumi is the mc and the rest of night raid is the supporting cast. If he died and the story continued, that would be a greater shock

Tsunayoshi    104

I mean for all intents and purposes, tatsumi is the mc and the rest of night raid is the supporting cast. If he died and the story continued, that would be a greater shock

Chrono Trigger shenanis?

HououinKyouma    829

As someone who hasn't read the manga/doesn't read to much manga in the first place, the show definitely exceeded my expectations. I was expecting generic Sao/Snk bullshit, but it definitely is better than those two shows. For someone who doesn't really enjoy gore, I thought there was plenty of it, or it jut could have been due to that fact that I watched both this and Tokyo Ghoul in one sitting. I don't think I'll continue it past 3 episodes since in general, but it definitely wasn't as terrible as I expected it to be.

+Urthor    10235

I feel like you won't enjoy this as a whole because the series fundamentally "generic SAO action hero stuff with its unique twists of ultraviolence, and unabashed hammering of the most depraved moral scenarios and [spoiler]total willingness to kill off basically any character except the lead boy and lead girl[/spoiler] and you don't generally go for that.  

Akame Ga Kill is a very well done B grade fighting manga at its heart, it ain't what you're usually into which is "anime as art" shows. 

Plsnobully    776

I'm really interested in seeing how they're going to do this scene, for some reason:

[spoiler]fAdhdOG.jpg[/spoiler]