Sign in to follow this  
infinite

Terror in Resonance (Zankyou no Terror)

»infinite    2317

ibqNvqrY62zmWd.jpg

One summer day, a terrorist attack strikes Tokyo. The perpetrators are two boys who call themselves "Sphinx." The attack was just the beginning of the grandiose game they are playing that will envelop all of Japan.

Shinichiro Watanabe and Yoko Kanno at it again with Terror in Resonance.

http://terror-in-tokyo.com/

+Urthor    10236

An original IP in the anime industry

Really???

»infinite    2317

Really???

There's more than one this season.

ozy    724

Really???

Watanabe, so enough said.

Urobuchi is also supervising an original IP this season. And PA Works' Glasslip is also original iirc.

Original IPs actually aren't super uncommon, it's just most of them suck.

• Upvote 1

»infinite    2317

Really???

Urobuchi is also supervising an original IP this season. And PA Works' Glasslip is also original iirc.

jaded anime watcher

• Upvote 2

»infinite    2317

first episode was really good. Really liked the atmosphere gave me a Stand Alone Complex vibe. 

ozy    724

Really???

jaded anime watcher

I like to think of myself as a realist.

That said I'm actually really looking forward to this and Aldnoah, and Glasslip to a lesser extent. There's still hope in the original IP world.

»infinite    2317

Really???

jaded anime watcher

I like to think of myself as a realist.

That said I'm actually really looking forward to this and Aldnoah, and Glasslip to a lesser extent. There's still hope in the original IP world.

I meant that about dude you quoted. Like you said there's original IPs every season quality aside.

• Upvote 1

+Urthor    10236

ok so was that actually just the best opening episode you've ever seen

show looks like it'll be amazing

• Downvote 1

ozy    724

I mean I think we do have to be a bit realistic. They just blew so much budget on that episode, I really doubt the rest of the season can maintain that animation quality.

Now the rest of the show? Definitely doable. Any show with Yoko Kanno doing the OST is just cheating.

• Upvote 1

+Urthor    10236

I mean I don't mind being realistic, but are you sure about that prediction of budgeting?  Seemed like they spent a fair bit on the opening sequence but otherwise the pace was fairly steady.  

I don't think it was good just because of the budget at all, seems like a great setup for the series from the looks of things regardless of the money

ozy    724

It's a studio working on their first main project (MAPPA has worked on other things but they're usually more in a support role) so their budget probably isn't as big as other studios like Madhouse, A-1, IG, etc in the first pace. (I only say probably because it does have Watanabe's name on this show which could have, and probably did, help bring in more funding than would have otherwise) Add that to the fact that just about every show ever has a much larger budget for their first show because they need to draw the viewers in. Even in the larger studios there is usually a drop off in animation quality from the first 1-2 episodes to the rest of the show.

Now for the record I'm not saying the animation will suddenly become ass. I just don't think it will be quite as good as we saw in this first episode.

And I also agree with you, good animation is always nice but their setup, writing, OST (again, Kanno is a fucking goddess) and everything can overcome lower quality animation. Pretty much expecting this to be AOTS, I honestly don't see anything else that can surpass it.

+Urthor    10236

Most studios don't put their opening in the first episode, which is one thing the  other guys commonly do, they animate the first episode for 21 1/2 minutes instead of 19.  Something to consider.  Obviously there will be a drop off in values, but it might be a bit hasty to predict some sort of apocalyptic slide or this show turning into a "40%"   

Re the sound track.  The opening wasn't particularly special tbh, I see what they were going for, and they got there with the animation which is good, but the music isn't the best.  

The ending sequence is absolutely amazing.

The in scene music was pretty great as well but you can't judge someone's work on that angle without looking at the full season as well as the sound track.  

ozy    724

Yeh, again I'm not saying it'll turn into an Aku no Hana shitfest out of nowhere. I'm just saying I expect there to be a slightly noticeable dip in animation quality moving forward. My bad if it seemed like I was screaming doomsday.

No, but you can judge Yoko Kanno on all of her previous work. Which has only yielded some of the best soundtracks in recent memory. Cowboy Bebop, Macross Frontier, Darker than Black (first season, as in before it went full retard), Ghost in the Shell SAC, Sakamichi no Apollon, Wolf's Rain. The list is impressive and even when I end up not really liking the show (like Wolf's Rain) the soundtrack is still really good. I've also heard teasers of ZnT's ost on their official website and it's good stuff.

i liked the first episode, as it definitely opened the show up from a lot of different facets such as potential character development from all sides, motives, and backstory. at the same time, it felt very rushed, like they needed to fit all this stuff into episode 1.

+Urthor    10236

generic whatagoodanime post

• Upvote 1

Miss Click    2475

Yes. This is it. The anime I have been waiting for in a long time.

Ditto. I have been having a hard time being impressed by most anime recently.

finally watanabe makes an anime not about food. i kinda saw the girl throwing her bento in the toilet first ep as a big fuck you from watanabe.

real talk, this anime is pretty good, but christ if the girl doesn't discover a purpose in all this in the next couple episodes i'm gonna kms. also, epiphany being discovered over some guy playing candy crush with dragons, lame.

• Upvote 1

Miss Click    2475

[spoiler]So there's the Chess Puns. It was only a matter of time. Also what kind of police force doesn't know about fake ID? What the fucking fuck like[/spoiler]

Ep 4 was pretty sweet otherwise.

Really like the OST too.

Telvin123    387

Okay, I'm almost positive they waited until Episode 5 to reveal her, just because it coincides with her alias.

Oh well. She definitely... made a nice entrance, that's for sure. 

• Upvote 5