Gredinus

Burning Abyss - Deck Discussion

afr    980

That last game was painful to watch. Supply squad did absolutely NOTHING.

Gredinus    269

So the non-xyz monsters do infact destroy themselves if you control a face-down because this card was also printed in DUEA...
[spoiler]StellarknightAlpha-DUEA-EN-C-1E.png[/spoiler]

With the information we got from this weekend (ARG running Supply and Jeff not), how do your build look like atm.

I have big event next week, so I want to get as much input and testing as possible (playtesting with someone like Jeff would be dandylion but thats asking too much).

On another note, if no one has started making a proper disscusion page for this deck, I could do that (with fancy photoshop pictures and all).

4 topped, all ran Supply Squad and good number of Traps

fuck the guy who just posted he only runs 2 RUM because he can get it back I play 3 and still never see the damn thing :/

Idk Pengwan, I see it quite often tbh, and even then I win most of my games by having 1-2 disruptive traps and rushing the f out of my opponent

Pleades is the lord but all of tier 1 shit have a better late game than us so I don't even go into it that regularly

Direct attacks(Nightmare Shark, Cobra), Burn (Gren, Volca), Dante chilling around and the most disruptive traps in the game has been where it's at for me.

Oh and Angineer is so clutch. I summon it about every game. A lot of decks have to go out of their way to put 101 on the board so it makes your traps much more effective. Tellarknights/Infernity are the only decks that spit it out regularly, but even then if Infernity has started doing it's thing you're probably losing Angineer or not. Mechequipped + any of the pressure monsters we have is most of the time outright game

Do you play Artifact Durandal ? it is insane, I only gone to it a few times, but having a giant solemn judgment type thing on board is pretty nice, but I am using artifact type thing so might not be optimal. Angi is the tits, Just walls your opponent for days with its protection.

Would something like Exodius be any good to reset the deck ? Pot of dico does literally nothing and neither supply squad in the games i played, and is a special summon so can trib for raiza

SteelShogun    1
I can see it working nicely with builds running 2+ monarchs, as I don't see you getting the foolish burial effect off unless you're already winning or have an angjneer out

»Sharpman    4800

Artifact Durendal is not insane. Anytime I can make it, I can usually make Pleiades or I can always make Tiras instead. Even in Artifacts you wouldn't play Durendal because he has some really huge flaws

1) he cannot stop graveyard effects

2) you don't have any moralltachs to be destroyed in this deck

Whereas Pleiades is Pleiades, and Tiras can actively destroy floodgate cards that might otherwise stop you (shadow mirror). The extra deck is too tight to fit it in as well.

• Upvote 12

+Urthor    10235

Artifact Durendal is not insane. Anytime I can make it, I can usually make Pleiades or I can always make Tiras instead. Even in Artifacts you wouldn't play Durendal because he has some really huge flaws

Whereas Pleiades is Pleiades, and Tiras can actively destroy floodgate cards that might otherwise stop you (shadow mirror). The extra deck is too tight to fit it in as well.

my major issue with this post is the fact DGz only lets me pos rep it once

• Upvote 3

my major issue with this post is the fact DGz only lets me pos rep it once

You could always go to the admin panel and add +x reps

No excuses
  • Upvote 4

+Urthor    10235
[spoiler]
PfzrP6S.png
G74t8Ar.png

[/spoiler]

Wāmu Apokaripusu

Storm Wolf    1205

Aside from PWWB, which discard card (Back to Square One, Raigeki Break, Karma Cut, etc) has people found the most helpful? R-Break has the advantage of killing pesky floodgates, but in a format where every good deck plays floaters, it is inferior to the other cards against monsters, making R-Break inferior during g1.

I did not think that Supply Squad would be more than underwhelming until I saw the results from the ARG. I could see how it benefits the deck when you would otherwise not want to special your BAs, but I also dislike the idea of playing Continuous S/Ts in this deck besides Vanity because I like to Special Summon my monsters. I noticed that none of the players played Felis as well, though I do understand how terrible of a draw it is. Against Tellarknights, having that 1-card Black Rose is just too appealing for me to axe it, though.

+Urthor    10235

Karma Cut is really bad in the main because it's kinda ass vs Tellaknight.  Sure you banish thier monsters, but their monsters are complete floaters.  You play Raigeki break in the main almost certainly, and then vs Shaddoll you side in Back to Square 1, because flipping Shaddoll monsters to the top of their deck is actually insane.  

Storm Wolf    1205

Karma Cut is really bad in the main because it's kinda ass vs Tellaknight.  Sure you banish thier monsters, but their monsters are complete floaters.  You play Raigeki break in the main almost certainly, and then vs Shaddoll you side in Back to Square 1, because flipping Shaddoll monsters to the top of their deck is actually insane.  

Against Tellarknight, you would save the Karma Cut for their Xyz Summons of course. Using it against Delteros is much better than using R-Break.

Sage.    758

Karma Cut can actually do some interesting things against Satellarknights.  If it's later in the game you can often shut off a key part of their engine by removing 2-3 Deneb/Altair from play.  Otherwise you can sometimes stall their play for a turn by cutting off their only grave target for Altair.

That being said, I've been running 1 Back to Square One in the main deck because it feels very useful to have that sort of effect in spell form so that I don't need to wait a turn to get it off.

Storm Wolf    1205

I am going to start testing Raigeki Break more because everyone seems to have Vanity's Emptiness. I also have a deep hatred for cards like Shadow Mirror and Soul Drain.

Nidoqueen    146

I am going to start testing Raigeki Break more because everyone seems to have Vanity's Emptiness. I also have a deep hatred for cards like Shadow Mirror and Soul Drain.

I tried 3 Phoenix Wing and 3 Raigeki Break + 1 Karma Cut and it worked pretty well.

I went down to 2 Break now.

I haven't had the opportunity to test it though.

Eston    202
BTSO was pretty underwhelming for me this weekend. With BA being played as much as it was, karma cut sounds legit in the main even if it isn't great against TK since it can banish Cir/Dante chump blocking and hit the fusions.

Level Limit Area - B was absolutely amazing sided vs shaddolls all weekend.

My friend and I went with the same list and noticed that all of our rounds went into time as well.
  • Downvote 1

»Pengwan    7724
Can someone just make this Burning Abyss - Discussion already
  • Upvote 1

Ethan_Frome    27

I tried 3 Phoenix Wing and 3 Raigeki Break + 1 Karma Cut and it worked pretty well.
I went down to 2 Break now.

I haven't had the opportunity to test it though.

Iv been feeling very comfortable with 3 PWWB, 2 break, and 2 karma cut. It seems to be a pretty balanced ratio for me.

I did play 2 Bts1 then I cut it down to 1 then I cut it completely. The spell is way to slow for me. I like to have options on my opponents turn. It is a good card for sure, just not for me

».ben.    7437

This deserves to be a deck discussion.

Mitch    86
Im actually certain raigeki break is the way to go at this point. Not only can it out emptiness game one, but floodgates and shit game two and three. This is all obvious but karma cut cannot do this.
  • Upvote 3

Mitch    86
Im actually certain raigeki break is the way to go at this point. Not only can it out emptiness game one, but floodgates and shit game two and three. This is all obvious but karma cut cannot do this.