Gredinus

Burning Abyss - Deck Discussion

buckwheatloaf    204

c h a o s

h u n t e r

the most recent ba lists that are sometimes bas splashed with darklords, side chaos hunters.  chaos hunter is turning out to be really popular for abc to side for the mirror as well, as opposed to cherries or system down. but if tcg abc mains instant fusion that will give them maindeck outs to it so thats something to watch for.

• Upvote 1

How you guys been doing against the majespecters with ties? Do we just auto lose? I've been maiming 3 twin twisters and thinking about maiming 1-2 kaijus so they lose their wind targets but I haven't had time to test it out just yet. So far twin twisters have been doing ok but I can't consistently beat them. 

mark    3105

What do you guys think about a going 2nd OTK strategy with this deck? Basically just 28 monsters including 3 barbar 3 farfa 2/3 calcab (when drawn just discart with vortex/twister or beatrice if you need the eff) etc, then max. desires/raigeki/dark hole/twin twister/lightning vortex? Not including Kaiju because of jowgen in metalfoes etc. How much decks currently can block a T1 raigeki? and would this strategy be relying too much on drawing twin twister vs backrow heavy decks even though you have calcab+vortex plays etc? Otherwise doing 8k in pretty easy, or even 5k and then finishing them with a few barbars and nightmare shark etc. You could even tech a few ceasefire / blasting the ruins if you don't play desires, or whatever's the best burn card atm, although Desires making your hand 7-cards is probably the main reason to play such a strategy to begin with. 

Blacklisted    1329

Barba can't banish Barba so I don't see why you'd want to play multiple. Also both Blue Eyes  and Majespecter (and by extension Metalfoes) are good at blocking Raigeki

mark    3105

Playing multiples so you can mill them off Dante or discard them for Twister/Vortex, you're probably not making Beatrice when going for the kill, but if you do it's nice to Barbar during both your and your opponent's turn although I realize Cir could somewhat do the same, basically saying 'if I'm going for this strategy, I need to be playing a bunch of BA regardless, so I'll just max the ones I want to see asap', there's not really much more to it I think. 2 could be the best number as well because of not wanting to see multiples but definitely not 1 considering Desires can banish them. 

monstar86    4
On 10/20/2016 at 7:00 PM, mark said:

What do you guys think about a going 2nd OTK strategy with this deck? Basically just 28 monsters including 3 barbar 3 farfa 2/3 calcab (when drawn just discart with vortex/twister or beatrice if you need the eff) etc, then max. desires/raigeki/dark hole/twin twister/lightning vortex? Not including Kaiju because of jowgen in metalfoes etc. How much decks currently can block a T1 raigeki? and would this strategy be relying too much on drawing twin twister vs backrow heavy decks even though you have calcab+vortex plays etc? Otherwise doing 8k in pretty easy, or even 5k and then finishing them with a few barbars and nightmare shark etc. You could even tech a few ceasefire / blasting the ruins if you don't play desires, or whatever's the best burn card atm, although Desires making your hand 7-cards is probably the main reason to play such a strategy to begin with. 

This is something I've been working on and it does pretty well, the otks come easy and in theory has good match-ups with the meta(Kaijus are problem solvers). Still feel like the deck can still use some tweaking but its ok for now. Still debating the usefulness of Allure, the drawing is great but sometimes discarding is something I don't want to do, Dark Eruption is fantastic and acts as a Monster Rebron for all intensive purposes or food for Virgil/Beatrice/Pilgrim.

Capture.PNG

• Downvote 1

Drewsifer    49

I don't know why you would play anything without PK since going first with that and Beatrice vs ABC is really good, also Desires is basically a free dante since you're just playing like 18+ names and rhinos that you'll probably draw 2 names/eruption, and banishing targets for desires doesnt matter if you're killing them lol. 

+scuzzlebutt    23488

"still debating the usefulness of allure" in 2016

• Upvote 1

+scuzzlebutt    23488

"still debating the usefulness of allure" in 2016

Relevant archetype these days. Where be the renewed discussion?   

NB96    850

I don't think there are many people that play Advanced Format on the site these days. It's crazy how these suckers have done the business for four years though, what an amazing investment they were in 2014 if you were going to play for the next few years.

Edited by NB96
  • Upvote 1

NB96 spot on comment. BA and Paleo seem like the only two safe decks that will be around eternally. I think we can get another good year out of BA because of the new BA link that’s coming out at a unknown time. So practicing the deck wouldn’t be a waste of time. I love the little small tricky plays you can make with this deck so I’m definitely going to focus on mastering the deck.

• Upvote 1