Gredinus

Burning Abyss - Deck Discussion

Spitta52    3

Is Eccentric Boy just for making Goyo? I know that Victor mentioned plays with Angel of Zera, but how you are summoning a LV8 Synchro in this deck? You would need a LV5 monster to use from your hand because Eccentric is a LV3 Tuner that can only Synchro with one other card, and there are none that benefit Abyss unless you decide to play the Artifact engine. If it is just to make Goyo, a 1-card 2800 vanilla is not too shabby I guess as long as you get a search from Scarm, but that sounds rather underwhelming.

i was wondering this as well because most lv6 synchros are shit barring goyo and hts who both get negated

chrona    83

Is Eccentric Boy just for making Goyo? I know that Victor mentioned plays with Angel of Zera, but how you are summoning a LV8 Synchro in this deck? You would need a LV5 monster to use from your hand because Eccentric is a LV3 Tuner that can only Synchro with one other card, and there are none that benefit Abyss unless you decide to play the Artifact engine. If it is just to make Goyo, a 1-card 2800 vanilla is not too shabby I guess as long as you get a search from Scarm, but that sounds rather underwhelming.

Thunder Dragon.
  • Upvote 1

»victor    6400

Unlike Tour Guide, it also can't be touched by Effect Veiler, BTS, or Stellarnova Alpha as as it is not a Monster effect.

TRIST2772    10

im going to play this deck at ycs lima next week let know what u think guys 

http://i.imgur.com/jzCGoOJ.png

I think 3 caius would end up being a dead draw. I also don't like felice just because when you draw it the only thing you can do with it is discard it for a spell/trap.

Spitta52    3

not to mini-mod but if you want help on your deck, take it to the proper sub forum.

On another note wouldn't adding thunder dragon and eccentric boy weigh the deck down. You're adding 2-3 additional normal summons(eccentric boy) and 3 dead dragons to the deck that do nothing unless you have a discard outlet. Also wouldn't it be more optimal to ditch a BA than a thunder dragon when you do see said discard outlet? And yes I get that thunder dragon is an easy light for bls/sorc
  • Upvote 1

Sage.    757

not to mini-mod but if you want help on your deck, take it to the proper sub forum.

On another note wouldn't adding thunder dragon and eccentric boy weigh the deck down. You're adding 2-3 additional normal summons(eccentric boy) and 3 dead dragons to the deck that do nothing unless you have a discard outlet. Also wouldn't it be more optimal to ditch a BA than a thunder dragon when you do see said discard outlet? And yes I get that thunder dragon is an easy light for bls/sorc

I'm not sure if Eccentric Boy is being proposed as a 2-3 of.  So far I've liked it better as a 1-of to make better use of Thunder Dragon and BAs in hand for a 'free' 2800 beater.  Thunder Dragon would then be usable by Eccentric Boy, any of your discard outlets (PWWB, Karma Cut, Reincarnation, w/e), and potentially also Soul Charge. You definitely don't have enough Extra Deck room to use multiple Eccentric Boys and Astral Force, plus I don't think Eccentric Boy has enough utility to really justify using more than 1.

I've been trying Eccentric Boy and Thunder Dragon out with the Chaos Engine over Astral Force and it's working ok.  I do really like how Chaos Monsters play out, they're great outs to Shadoll fusions and provide some utility that Rank 3s really don't.  Soul Charge / Call also let you reuse Chaos monsters you've already summoned (Reincarnation only being better here if you mill them off Dante).  I'm not convinced it's the correct way to go, but I felt it was worth a try.

ibGehring+    1409

Here is the deck I am currently playing with for anyone who cares

WgC3alG.png

I still really like Astral. I think the card is very OP and I hardly ever find myself in situations where it is dead. 

I run MST because I think it is just better than Lance. It wins over Vanitys. It wins over Skill Drain (I keep seeing this shit). It is pretty easy to predict where an Alpha is most of the time too. Not to mention it beats Call of the Haunted.

Now I use MST I swapped Break for Cut. Break was almost always used to remove back row. I never liked it all that much, but it served its purpose better than anything else in that spot. MST means you still have the ability to destroy back row while having Cut for blowouts against all the top tier decks. It is probably just as good as Wind Blast most of the time and in many situations just a lot better.

I do not like Squad. At all. But I have found it to be exceptional with Soul Charge. Squad makes you play your deck in a very different way than without it. You freely throw your BA monsters away. Soul Charge makes this not an issue with the "burn out" problem people seem to talk about. Soul Charge is a 1 card instant recovery card and is just unfair. Alucard into Alucard, or Dante + anything is pretty hard to deal with. It also makes the mirror very 1 sided.

I would go into depth with everything but I don't have time at the moment.

The only card I am swinging back and forth over is BTH. I just don't like it, but it is good vs Satellars. I keep swapping it around for Transmigration Prophecy.

The extra deck is old and needs a change. My side deck has some sweet stuff + SKILL DRAIN!!!1!1!!

• Upvote 5

Dawgy    2039

So I hate being that guy, but out of all of the Shaddoll, Satellars, and Burning Abyss builds that I've seen, I can name only like three common possible outs to Obelisk the Tormentor (Black Rose Dragon, Exciton Knight, and awkward Torrential Tribute plays). If you're looking for a card that will absolutely win almost every game once it hits, Obelisk the Tormentor will definitely do just that.

4000 ATK makes him nigh impossible to run over.

He can't be targeted by any of the common trap cards that are being used to out boss monsters atm.

He makes for some interesting Soul Charge plays (summon him and Dante for a Raigeki + 1, although he'll die at the end of the turn).

Although his secondary effect will prevent you from activating your Burning Abyss monsters, that hardly matters since you simply win once he hits the board.

Sure he requires three tributes (which quite frankly is not a hard task to pull off in this particular deck), but I feel like he might be an option worth exploring. Perhaps alongside Majesty's Fiend and Monarchs Storm Forth? Or as a one of?

Thoughts?

Telvin123    387

Well, if they're common outs, then doesn't that just simply mean that Obelisk isn't as viable as you would have liked it to be?

Dawgy    2039

Well, if they're common outs, then doesn't that just simply mean that Obelisk isn't as viable as you would have liked it to be?

'Common' should probably be rephrased to 'requiring a two-card combo with zero interruption' to pull off.

BRD can be made in Shaddolls through a Falco + Beast play. The only way that is going to happen is through a Soul Charge play into a field nuke with no trap cards on my side.

Exciton can be made in Satellas, but is slightly situational as Satellas generate enough advantage to probably always have more cards than you, especially after tributing three monsters.

Torrential Tribute requires you to:
A) Have access to a single copy of a card that isn't even run in all decks.

B) Have a monster to summon followed by an awkward field nuke.

Against 4000 ATK, that doesn't exactly give you a very long clock to work with to create such scenarios either.

Pygmalion    135
Obelisk is just a terrible card in this deck now let me explain why:

1. Becouse you yourself mentioned there are extra deck outs to him you also must get that your opponent doesent acctualy have to draw outs to him he just has to use the resources he has in a way to make a push that gets rid of the obelisk but has to bait out the backrow first which leads me to my second point

2. You have to have backrow to protect him, you can never always just draw the obelisk with the resources to summon him and with backrow to protect him plus a portion of your traps require discart outlets

3. As for deckbuilding purposes you never want to draw him first turn

4. He isnt synergetic with your strategy burning abbys are an advantage deck and he last but not least:

5. Takes up so many of your resources to summon you just lose once the opponent gets rid of him

Squiddy    9172

victor that post about eccentric boi is one of da greatest finds of all time! really powerful cart free 2800 boss that is almost 100% floats except for basically book and 101. and eccentric isnt even treated as an eff so it cant be veilered, and u can soul charge it back. and its a lv 3 wind, for other synergy!!  its just what this deck needs. that was awsome  (|:|)

• Upvote 2

»Pharaoh Atem    15769
I'm obligated to admit that Dan has been regularly pushing Eccentric Boy on DG and on all others ever since Moralltach was announced for the OCG

I think folks don't read his posts.

Regardless, no one's better at trying to convince people than victor. I should see about how we can use that to our advantage - DG gets a bad rap for being "unoriginal", so if I can use victor, I can help fix parts of DG's image.
  • Upvote 2

Miss Click    2475

victor that post about eccentric boi is one of da greatest finds of all time! really powerful cart free 2800 boss that is almost 100% floats except for basically book and 101. and eccentric isnt even treated as an eff so it cant be veilered, and u can soul charge it back. and its a lv 3 wind, for other synergy!!  its just what this deck needs. that was awsome  (|:|)

Wait, if Ecc isn't treated as an effect, doesn't that mean it can be used when revived by Crane Crane?*

*(I know Crane Crane isn't exactly popular, just checking).

SageRhapsody    272

Wait, if Ecc isn't treated as an effect, doesn't that mean it can be used when revived by Crane Crane?*

Yup, crane crane doesn't negate conditions, so you still tune from the hand.

And yes, eccentric boy is fucking AMAZING. Zera is literally the stone cold nuts as 99.99% if they get rid of it, it's coming back again. And then AGAIN for the cost of the chaos guys.
I've always wanted Zera to be a valid card, and boy makes it exactly as such.

Dawgy    2039

Obelisk is just a terrible card in this deck now let me explain why:

1. Becouse you yourself mentioned there are extra deck outs to him you also must get that your opponent doesent acctualy have to draw outs to him he just has to use the resources he has in a way to make a push that gets rid of the obelisk but has to bait out the backrow first which leads me to my second point

2. You have to have backrow to protect him, you can never always just draw the obelisk with the resources to summon him and with backrow to protect him plus a portion of your traps require discart outlets

3. As for deckbuilding purposes you never want to draw him first turn

4. He isnt synergetic with your strategy burning abbys are an advantage deck and he last but not least:

5. Takes up so many of your resources to summon you just lose once the opponent gets rid of him

1) There are like 3. And they aren't exactly the easiest to make. So as far as I'm concerned, no, there aren't really that many outs for him for this to even be a concern.

2) He has 4000 ATK and is immune to targeting effects. Why does he require protection again?

3) There are a ton of cards that suck to draw first turn. Obelisk a bit more than others, but he can be discarded with your myriad of discard traps, then revived with Soul Charge for a one-sided raigeki.

4) I'd also disagree here. It's not exactly difficult to get three monsters on your side of the field through which to tribute for Obelisk. The whole point of 'advantage' is to accumulate enough resources through which you can make a power play. Advantage which you don't meaningfully utilize is useless.

5) 4000 ATK Monster immune to targeting effects. Your opponent will not get rid of him without wasting at least a couple of cards themselves, because field nukes are just about the only reliable way to deal with him atm.

»victor    6400

He means LV 3 WIND for Dark Simorgh if people would actually play it.

-------

Also for the people talking Obelisk for the 4000 ATK (although if you worry about Leo, the obviously superior solution is Creature Swap), since I seem to have a somewhat receptive audience:

300px-Number30AcidGolemofDestruction-YS1300px-DarkCalling-LCGX-EN-R-1E.png300px-EvilHERODarkGaia-LCGX-EN-SR-1E.png

I mean it's not exactly hard to drop a 1 card 4K+ beater that negates Flip Effects (read Shadolls).

And you make it live almost instantaneously.

You can even play Grand Mole, which many folks are already playing. Chronomaly Bones and Skull aren't really relevant without Nebra Disk but I suppose they add LIGHTs for Chaos and are Rocks.

Coincidentally, Creature Swapping a dead Acid Golem can win games.

------------------

And if you don't like that, there's also Number C69: Heraldry Crest of Horror, but that requires you to play Chronaut to Astral from.

• Upvote 3

Dawgy    2039

He means LV 3 WIND for Dark Simorgh if people would actually play it.

-------

Also for the people talking Obelisk for the 4000 ATK (although if you worry about Leo, the obviously superior solution is Creature Swap), since I seem to have a somewhat receptive audience:

300px-Number30AcidGolemofDestruction-YS1300px-DarkCalling-LCGX-EN-R-1E.png300px-EvilHERODarkGaia-LCGX-EN-SR-1E.png

I mean it's not exactly hard to drop a 1 card 4K+ beater that negates Flip Effects (read Shadolls).

And you make it live almost instantaneously.

You can even play Grand Mole, which many folks are already playing. Chronomaly Bones and Skull aren't really relevant without Nebra Disk but I suppose they add LIGHTs for Chaos and are Rocks.

Coincidentally, Creature Swapping a dead Acid Golem can win games.

------------------

And if you don't like that, there's also Number C69: Heraldry Crest of Horror, but that requires you to play Chronaut to Astral from.

I really wanted to try Evil HERO Dark Gaia.

Then I realized how fucking salty I would be if my Evil HERO Dark Gaia got targeted with Breakthrough Skill.

»victor    6400

I'm obligated to admit that Dan has been regularly pushing Eccentric Boy on DG and on all others ever since Moralltach was announced for the OCG

I think folks don't read his posts.

Regardless, no one's better at trying to convince people than victor. I should see about how we can use that to our advantage - DG gets a bad rap for being "unoriginal", so if I can use victor, I can help fix parts of DG's image.

I'm glad I'm not the only person pushing that.

http://duelistgroundz.com/index.php?showtopic=158088&p=3717846

It seems highly unlikely that Pure would ever be able to establish itself as a consistent threat in the meta. The gimmick is purely MalCat for +X. Even if the value 'X' is significant enough to win you that game anyone who isn't damaged would play around the MalCat from then on out. At that point it reverts to the same Sanctum + Ignition gimmicks as the Beagnition variants with a lot more bad cards to draw that you will inevitably draw because you're running a lot more of them.

Pure isn't just that. There are ways you could feasibly exploit having LV 5s in hand.

I would suppose you would play Eccentric Boy (who as a condition can't be Veilered or BTSed), so you can access Angel of Zera, who being RFGed when he leaves the field, floats 2800 ATK. And that play sends an Artifact to the graveyard to be COTHed.

That interaction alone is not good enough, but you can play Ghost Ship to revive Angel of Zera, and it's LV 5 LIGHT for Rank 5 plays.

[quote name="ibGehring+" post="3777946" timestamp="1403150691"]
I've changed my deck up quite a bit. Having some fun with it now.

I've been playing Thunder Dragon, triple Soul Charge, and triple Wind Blast. The deck has been pretty exceptional so far. Being able to play t1 Soul Charge into Pleiades against Geargia is so obscene, especially when it only costs you the Soul Charge so it doesn't hinder anything else your deck is trying to do.
[/quote]

I tried that out when I played Eccentric Boy. If you make Angel of Zera, it floats 2800 ATK.

Thunder Dragon discard pays for it.

Ghost Ship to revive Angel of Zera, etc.

The fact that Eccentric Boy discards an Artifact to make COTH live first turn is sweet.
  • Upvote 1