Gredinus

Burning Abyss - Deck Discussion

~NettLEs~    73

Okay so I lost in time to a guy playing Mystic Wok in Burning Abyss. Is this a thing that the deck actually sides to steal games in time?

»victor    6400

Okay so I lost in time to a guy playing Mystic Wok in Burning Abyss. Is this a thing that the deck actually sides to steal games in time?

Rainbow Life is probably a better option. 

Patrick Hoban used to side it, and it shows up in the OCG.

Faith+1    47

Okay, here we go, it's time to rev up the Victor.

I "brought" you Chain Whirlwind, and now I have this. (Not really sure if I was first one to bring that shit up but whatever)

BoneTempleBlockRGBT-EN-C-1E.png

This seems VERY strong against tellarknights.

They summon altair, targeting deneb, you chain this, tossing a malebranche, special their deneb, so they get nothing, and then they special your malebranche, which simply just dies because there's an altair on the board.

The deneb does die on the EP, but you still plus off it for that turn. It can also be used as a pseudo-discard outlet monarchs storm forth kinda thing.

But can't they just attack over Deneb with Altair lol

If you had an answer for Altair attacking then wouldn't that answer be reasonable to use after Altair resolves? I'm talkin like pwwb/break/kc and all these cards take precedence to this one.

If I wanted to discard 1 card to prevent an Altair from resolving I think I'd much rather just discard a Cycle Reader. Plus Cycle Reader is much better disruption against their Soul Charge plays than this card. Idk this card just seems like poop to me.

• Downvote 1

Felis is the better Dragon, except when it comes to Vanity, but if Vanity is bothering you that much, why not just run more MSTs? It is not like getting pierced for 2500 damage just so you can trigger their Dante is a good play, otherwise Grand Mole does its job better.

Bone Temple Block would only work in a win more position where you already have lv 6's in hand. Without them, you are only halting their play when you are also halting your play.

Dragon is a FREE mst. I actually run 2 mst 2 lance which has been good. I tried triple Raiza over BLS and it has just been so much more consistent, triple wing blast too leads to bunging them so behind.

petqwe    286

Rainbow Life is probably a better option. 

Patrick Hoban used to side it, and it shows up in the OCG.

In OCG, Rainbow Life is present in nearly all slow players' side deck. In triples.

But then I don't know whether TCG players play this card when time is being called, or they really think that they need some life points and stop OTK.

CalvinTahan    996
Playing at VA regionals today with a build loosely based on what I gathered from Jeff's, but mostly resulting from copious amounts of Urthor theory and it's 4-0 right now and hasn't dropped a game. Jeff was right when when he said all the Rank Up builds were years behind. I'm absolutely in love with this variant and although I feel we as a team are generally coming to a correct consensus in terms of how the deck SHOULD be run, it took us nearly two months to do so and we're just about to get some more support for it so it's gonna be a whole new goddamn ball game.
  • Upvote 4

Crispy619    6

Played at LA Regionals yesterday with this deck w/o Squad, Sorc, or RUM and 3 Mathematician w/ no Felice/Dragon because I valued consistency, but I made a big mistake keeping in BLS who was just a massive brick all day, definitely cutting. Also think I would have bricked less having 2 Karma Cut and 3 D. Prison rather than the 3 Karma Cut and 2 D. Prison I ran because opening Cir and a discard trap is so disheartening or even just too many discard traps. Pitching Phoenix Wing for Phoenix Wing is so lame. 

Triple Downnerd helped me out a ton versus the 5 Satellarknights, the deck absolutely struggles against Downnerd with a Cir and Dante as material. It sucks so much how I built the deck to beat Shaddolls because I assumed it would be 50% of the field and I ended up versus only 2 who had no idea how to play the deck and had to read all of my cards. Was 6 - 1 so I thought I could get my first invite, but I bricked against Evilswarm and lost in the mirror match to 1st turn Pleiades twice and ended up 7 - 3. 

Playing Mistake, Chain Whirlwind, Mobius, and TKRO in the side board has been absolutely soul crushing. Had a guy scoop to me because I turn 1 Mistake and he showed me his hand of Rota, Rota, Duality, Deneb lulz. 

Oh well, maybe next time. 

ShadyRock    328
Yeah bls is definitely the worst card in the deck. All it ever does for me is sit in my hand and then I have to banish my Dante to summon it which sucks because then I can't Dante/cir loop. Even though its powerful the consistency sacrifice is too much.

»Jeff Jones    13262
3 cir
3 graff
3 scarm
3 tour guide
3 mathematician
3 raiza
2 shaddoll dragon

3 phoenix wing blast
3 karma cut
3 vanity
3 mind crush
3 trap stun
2 breakthrough skill
1 compulsory
1 bottomless
1 traveller and the burning abyss

3 Dante
3 downerd
2 alucard
2 nightmare shark
1 acid golem
1 giga brilliant
1 leviair
1 zenmaines
1 fortune tune

This was my deck
  • Upvote 30

ibGehring+    1409

I assume BTH was the worst card in your deck for the sake it was the only non-chainable card? I really don't like that card anymore. Maybe with the rise of Hoban Shaddoll its better.

The only different I actually have atm is Trap Stun v MST, but I can see merit for Stun. Good job btw.

ShadyRock    328

3 cir
3 graff
3 scarm
3 tour guide
3 mathematician
3 raiza
2 shaddoll dragon

3 phoenix wing blast
3 karma cut
3 vanity
3 mind crush
3 trap stun
2 breakthrough skill
1 compulsory
1 bottomless
1 traveller and the burning abyss

3 Dante
3 downerd
2 alucard
2 nightmare shark
1 acid golem
1 giga brilliant
1 leviair
1 zenmaines
1 fortune tune

This was my deck

Why bottomless over warning? And didn't 6 discard traps seem cloggy?

+Urthor    10222

3 Maxx

3 Non-Fusion

3 MST

2-3 Mobius

2-3 Dirge?

1-2 potential mysterious strangers 

what were cards 14 and 15 in the side? 

iFocus    309

6 discard traps aren't bad at all...Like u mill some and u want to see them so he played 6. plus they are the best right now karma cut at the right time in the mirror can just ruin it for the opponent

• Upvote 1

»Jeff Jones    13262
Thanks. I used bth because it's great vs Pats deck. Lyla raiden soul charge etc etc. It wasn't that bad rly.

I played against

3 satellaknights
3 shaddoll
1 something with hands deck
1 harpie
3 burning abyss
1 Geargia

ibGehring+    1409

Warning is not a good card in this format. 

It's not chainable. 

It's cost is too high for what it does.

It doesn't even stop most of the problem cards. 

It still triggers stuff. 

I liked when Dalton summoned Downerd the same turn he added RUM back to his hand from the grave. I never thought to do that. That shit was pro.

Edit for relevance: Why no Foolish? It seems like Dragon would make it a pretty solid choice.

»Sharpman    4801

I liked when Dalton summoned Downerd the same turn he added RUM back to his hand from the grave. I never thought to do that. That shit was pro.

Edit for relevance: Why no Foolish? It seems like Dragon would make it a pretty solid choice.

pretty sure he wasn't allowed? 

ShadyRock    328

pretty sure he wasn't allowed? 
Why wouldn't he be allowed?

iFocus    309

No traps means no traps? u mean spells lol.

Candela    546

How viable is Eradicator with triple Downerd?