Gredinus

Burning Abyss - Discussion

vlo    89
Sooo how difficult is the qliphoth match up

Wanna buy this deck pwwb and raiza bring me nistalgia

+Urthor    10200

Sooo how difficult is the qliphoth match up

Wanna buy this deck pwwb and raiza bring me nistalgia

Very manageable tbh.  Using Skill drain vs you is playing with fire since hey nothing self destructs now and Acid golem is a neato Yugioh card.  And like, yea Virgil is a good answer to a lot of their shit, and a good level.

Its only problem is that it can't really Kill the Killer.

The only viable cards I can think of to kill Killer are Buster Rancher, Metaion, and Sephylon. I guess Injection Fairy Lily could also do it, but it does not fit the deck.

I haven't really tested the Qliphoth match up yet since we don't have information on NECH cards.

but from what I can see as of now PWWB will be very good against their equip spells (which I'm pretty sure is a 3-of for them)

Also we run heaps of disruption to stop Tool/scales

Vergil will also help with that.

Skill drain is a pain but s/t hate will be mained heavily in that format (especially if NKs become a threat)

But all these variables can be changed by our NECH support.

• Upvote 2

Storm Wolf    1205

Cyber Dragon is also a really good out to Killer

The problem is that Cyber Dragon is ONLY good against Killer because the other cards are Pendulum Monsters, and therefore cannot go to the graveyard for the requirement of Chimeratech Fortress. I am aware that Killer is a pest, but playing stuff specifically for a card that is only played as a single copy at most or none all is terrible.

ShadyRock    328

Cyber dragon is also good monarch fuel, yet i doubt we'll be playing monarchs next set.

Monarchs are pretty much God tier against qliphort as long as they don't have skill drain, but if they have drain we've lost already.

Womackx    2

Cyber dragon is also good monarch fuel, yet i doubt we'll be playing monarchs next set.

Monarchs are pretty much God tier against qliphort as long as they don't have skill drain, but if they have drain we've lost already.

It was more of a statement about the next set of cards we will receive, not if it's useful against the meta or not.

Storm Wolf    1205

they have drain we've lost already.

You can just summon Acid Golem to play around Skill Drain. For everything else, there is cards like Fairy Winds to beat them up.

theamatuer    89

they have drain we've lost already.

You can just summon Acid Golem to play around Skill Drain. For everything else, there is cards like Fairy Winds to beat them up.

except acid golem < 3100 atk shell/disk.  It's overall better off to try at get rid of skill drain the moment it appears.

Not to mention they can simply tribute archive to get rid of golem anytime they want

• Upvote 1

Miss Click    2475

Yeah. Burning Abyss has significantly more removal than other decks, without including the potential sides, so it is something I could see Qli having trouble with.

Plsnobully    776
Spell-Shattering Arrow answers the pendulum scales while dealing burn damage. Which is honestly one of better sides going into the post-NECH format.

Edit: Doesn't answer Drain, my bad.

KennyK    79

Spell-Shattering Arrow answers Skill Drain and the pendulum scales while dealing burn damage. Which is honestly one of better sides going into the post-NECH format.

Skill drain isn't a face up spell

Plsnobully    776
Sorry, I had a brain fart and I was even looking at the card, sorry everyone.

theamatuer    89

Spell-Shattering Arrow answers the pendulum scales while dealing burn damage. Which is honestly one of better sides going into the post-NECH format.

Edit: Doesn't answer Drain, my bad.

fairy wind answers drain though.  Also gets rid of any other floodgates/pendulum spells as well.  I'd definitely run it over MST after NECH (maybe even before if noble knights try being a threat.  getting rid of kaiser + excaliburn is always nice)

Plsnobully    776
My problems with Fairy Wind are that it's a trap and it hits your face-up floodgates.

TonySK    618
You could play malice dispersion. It's a quickplay and it gives you a discard.
  • Upvote 1

theamatuer    89

malice disperstion doens't get rid of face-up spells though.  like qliphort tool

Faith+1    41

Accidentally pos'd. I'm on my phone. Fairy wind is better since it'll destroy Tool and Skill Drain and whatever else is face-up. But on the subject Qliphort, Black Horn and Warning will be good against them because in the tcg they can used on pendulum summons of multiple monsters.

Basically the only way to deal with Killer is to prevent it's summon. Once it hits the board it's really hard to deal with. Metaion isn't a good enough answer for it since Skill Drain is a card plus you'd have to have a way to negate its summon because it'll most likely find its way back out. Sephylon can brick hard as fuck but most definitely answers it. Cyber Dragon is mehh because like it was said playing 1 card to deal with only 1 card out of 40 is bad yugis plus where is anyone finding room in the extra for Chimeratech? I wouldn't play Injection Fairy Lily since Solemn Advice will probably be a 3 of in all decks and LP isn't infinite. Solemn Advice's versatility makes it probably one of the best cards against the deck but it makes MST infinitely better going 2nd. You could also play the OG Horn of Heaven and ideally tribute off BA monsters to get their effects. It's never ideally summoned turn 1, so I believe negating its summon is the route you should go in dealing with Killer rather than trying to deal with it after it hits the board.

Mr Cook    473
Where did you read that Black Horn can be used on multiple monsters? Pretty sure that's incorrect

Warthog    165
That's how it was ruled at LA regional according to some of the players that were there. Nothing official since it 2as just that event I heard it was ruled that way.

DarkBlaze557    2106

We ruled it the same way at the CO regional as well - Wakeland posted a good reason for that in Adjudication. Basically, he referenced Cyber Dragon stating, "If your opponent controls a monster..." meaning they can control 1 or more while you control none, you can special summon it. Because of this, Black Horn and Warning will both stop the entire Pendulum Summon (all monsters), since it does not start a chain.

ozy    724

Considering TKR used to have the exact same wording "...Special Summon a monster" and got errata'd to "... exactly 1 monster" I'd say it's likely that BHoH is supposed to work the same way and will likely have the wording change for it's next reprint.

CalvinTahan    996

squad is becoming more and more flavor and it makes me sick

not in a writing mood right now, just got off work and am literally dying, but real quick:

(in regards to whether or not squad blows out the mirror)

squad obtains most value when they're able to proc its effect turn 1. that's what makes it good, when you automatically get value out of it. So like Math Squad is broken. But it isn't at the same time, because it means they aren't making a dante. So you open 6 and have the means of aggression to put them on a clock. You run night beams and triple space to fucking blow them out (another reason you should run dragon incase you open foolish or a math of your own). You just widdle down and win from advantage because you drew actual utility cards that DO something.

supply is good if you want to run rank up, because opening both of those + tour guide is just ignorance auto win and if that's the kind of yugioh you like to play then by all means go for it, but just do so knowing you will definitely drop a match to your own deck at some point

i just think it's fucking dumb to sacrifice the special summoning utility of your guys for a potential blowout in the mirror

i have no further comments im going to sleep

• Upvote 1