Kahu

New Digimon Adventure Series

Donnie    2189

So someone targeted Davis and co? I'm kinda of confused what happened.

Chris Buraseru    10480

I'm pretty sure Alphamon and whoever he is working with picked off the 02 crew, and something interesting to note as well if you look at 3:28 where Cody is getting knocked out is that his Digivice looks like it reverts to the original model that the first 8 have.

Alphamon can also crank back time to the beginning of a battle which also had me thinking about Our War Game which was packed with nothing but villains that made a giant emphasis on time (Diaboromon trying to nuke the older kids, and Cherubimon with his "Go back" rant." So with that in mind, we have a guy that was going to use a time limit to blow up people, and one that could reality warp the kids back to being toddlers. So now we're dealing with a guy who can presumably wipe people out from existence. 

Or simpler, it's Yggdrasil phoning in Alphamon because Omnimon is parading around with a bunch of kids and that shit ain't cool.

the pugilist    510

also glasses girl and shortie needed tk + kairi or w/e to use their full power but by endgame they pretty much got outclassed by davis and ken having access to a mega that could evolve into a more powerful mega. tl;dr most of their fighting power was in ken + davis so it was more or less season 2s full power.

Kahu    2419

1. The golden Digimentals can be used without a medium, it's just that that shit has a wicked feedback due to just how much power it grants Veemon. It's not like Magnamon would've helped against fucking Alphamon though, since Alphamon's essentially meant to be the anti-Royal Knight Royal Knight.

2. Imperialdramon Fighter Mode should be on par with Omegamon in terms of raw combat capabilities and firepower, give or take. Armagemon was specifically designed by Diablomon as the anti-Omegamon Digimon, hence why it fared better against Omegamon.

3. Omegamon should theorhetically be stronger than Fighter Mode IF he has the Omegain Force active, since it basically allows Omegamon to actively predict and counter any move.

4. Alphamon's Alphain Force allows him to basically send things into the past, theorhetically allowing him to deal infinite hits with one attack by sticking the enemy in an infinite data loop.

That having been said, interesting things to note are:

1. The 02 kids seemingly got their asses handed to them without the 01 team coming in to save them. This doesn't make sense, so it's safe to assume that Alphamon did some sort of time or memory fuckery and erased the 02 team from history.

2. Hikari and Takeru are still there, which means Alphamon deliberately left the entire 01 team alive for whatever reason. Considering how Alphamon's role is "Protect the Digital World from all threats, you are the last line of defense" in most iterations, there's something involving the 02 kids that leads to a potential threat.

3. If the 02 kids are dead, it means Alphamon may have beaten fucking Imperialdramon. We have no fucking idea how the power balance works anymore, and for all intents and purposes Alphamon with the Ouryuuken and at full power is usually a candidate for being on par with Omegamon X at full power, or Imperialdramon Paladin Mode. They need to address this issue.

But seriously, it's fucking Alphamon. Unless Omegamon gets the ability to change his armaments and continue fighting ala how Chaosmon can have different arms, the 01 kids are PROBABLY outclassed.

As for the opening bit.

They mention the Demiurge and the Idea. We're possibly going into Simulacrum+Simulacra arguments about Real vs. Digital, ooooor they're referencing some sort of temporal anomaly that's fucking with timelines. Candidates for said anomalies could be:

1. A rogue host system invading from a parallel reality. There are multiple parallel realities in which Yggdrasil or Huanglongmon or other host systems went rogue.

2. An entity with the ability to warp space and time. Alphamon's one of them, so we have a potential threat there already. Milleniummon's another, and he just so happens to have ties to 02 that were never fully wrapped up. Quartzmon, the Eaters, Vitium, and other similar parasitic transdimensional entities, along whatever the hell was screwing with Hackmon and Gankuumon in the Adventure PSP game are other candidates.

3. The Demon Lords. The kids never fully defeated Daemon, and while the game multiverse isn't necessarily tied to the anime multiverse, Cyber Sleuth revealed that the Seven Demon Lords function on a similar principle to Jet Li's "The One", where each iteration of a defeated Demon Lord results in parallel iterations of said lord becoming that much stronger.

Kahu    2419

Koichi was technically a ghost for most of Frontier.

+Sophocles    3074

The OVA news was a big bummer for me, I actually think most of the value in Adventure and Adventure 02 was in all the different locales and the landscape of the digital world. Tri seems to be very limited in its scope.

The animation looks great though, in particular the larger digivolutions.

Is there any news about the approximate length of the whole thing?

Kahu    2419

Basically 1 cour's worth of OVAs. I think 6 of them in total.

Elements    569

oh, so not a whole new series. 

thats slightly disappointing.

brighteyes    2150

I thoroughly enjoyed that. It's just a shame that we have to wait six months for four more episodes.

TFJ    618

I don't like all of the art, but it is pretty beautiful.

Donnie    2189

Having fun watching Digimon again, but I have to two big gripes.

02 kids haven't even been mentioned, which doesn't make sense as Davis, Cody, and Yolie all go to the same school as TK and Kari, it's fine if they want to retcon 02 from existence, but why bother updating TK and Kari's digivices or showing Davis and co at all. It just doesn't make sense that TK and Kari wouldn't at least call Davis and co, and if they going with memory loss, which is awful plot device to use during a reboot, but I digress, at least tell us.

Tai's agnst makes no sense, the audience has no reason to question Tai's motives, so we can't really empthatize with his struggle, which makes the whole subplut pointless. In their attempt to make Digimon seem more edgy/mature they wanted us to question if what Tai's doing is all for the best, but it fails because we know the world is worse off without Tai and the show gives us no reason to doubt it, espcieally with Kuwagamon and Alphamon trying to destroy everything.

It's interesting to see how the dynamic between the Digimon and the Destined has changed, it more parent child as opposed to equals like it was when they were younger. Also is there a reason Gatoman isn't evolving, unless I'm missing something she has her ring which is the only thing that prevented her from evolving in the past right?