Wild Caniac

The Official 2014-2015 NFL Season Discussion Thread

aurirevoir    2868

what a choke

I think coverage said it best with "if Seattle jams it in with Lynch and they can't score after four downs then so be it"  if New England stopped them for four downs I wouldn't even be upset

fractal    2488
Seriously, Darrell Bevell and his endless receiver screens and cute coaching moments needs to get out. He'd call the same play in that situation even if he had Barry Sanders.

Joe.    4932
Seattle should have been down 10+ at the end. A lot of low percentage conversions. Happens. Saying NE didn't win is a joke.
  • Upvote 2

Schism    986

It was a well played game on both teams parts until the end when the Seahawks didn't run the ball but it happens sometimes. 

I am personally happy about this victory. I've been waiting 10 years for the Patriots to win another super bowl. Brady/Belichick won't be around forever and I'm just happy they won another championship.

Warthog    165
What idiots. I will never forget how the Seahawks blew this Super Bowl. Great game otherwise and congratulations to the Patriots for the miraculous win.

Jazz    5331

like Duncan and pop, brady and bill won their title on there way out, beating the former champs

and showing old school beats new school

We will be back next year, too, kids.

slickz    4308

Seattle should have been down 10+ at the end. A lot of low percentage conversions. Happens. Saying NE didn't win is a joke.

1 on 1 coverage deep ball plays?

slickz    4308
like props to new england for winning but cmon, the entire world knows marshawn lynch is scoring the game winner

»Junior Bucks    161

Amazing game, I am glad the Patriots won and Brady hit #4. Also, LOL at Richard Sherman's reactions:

[spoiler]richard-sherman-tom-brady.jpg?w=1000&h=1brady like "you sad bro?" [/spoiler]

Joe.    4932

To guys who worked at Foot Locker this year? A little. Wilson wasn't a threat on the ground and had zero completions on the first 20 minutes. Just oddities. The Pats were driving at will most of the game.

Wild Caniac    421

I felt this was the best Super Bowl I have seen live. My first was Super Bowl XXXVIII when the Panthers were crushed by the Patriots. Super Bowl XL with Steelers and Cardinals was up there as well, but this year took the cake.

Joe.    4932
The Panthers/Pats SB was nuts! Those teams scored a TON of 4thQ points before a last second FG.
  • Upvote 1

slickz    4308

To guys who worked at Foot Locker this year? A little. Wilson wasn't a threat on the ground and had zero completions on the first 20 minutes. Just oddities. The Pats were driving at will most of the game.

They couldnt even touch wilson when he decided to scramble are you kidding me?

Brady threw 2 int's. just stop it. They got stopped a number of times on 3rd down as well. Seattle punted this away, New england did a hell of a job coming back but Seattle handed the win to them on a silver platter

kidrock    233
New England also should've had a 10 point lead at half. I guess you can only lose the game in the 2nd half.

slickz    4308

New England also should've had a 10 point lead at half. I guess you can only lose the game in the 2nd half.

did russell wilson not scramble and then throw a touchdown at the end of the half?

Wild Caniac    421

The Panthers/Pats SB was nuts! Those teams scored a TON of 4thQ points before a last second FG.

I'll never forget the temper tantrum my 12 year old self threw when Adam Vinatieri crushed my dreams.

It is what it is New England won. All that left to resolve is whether it gets an asterisk due to deflate gate and with all the conflicting info who knows.

Neither team played well. Seattle mismanaged the games and burned two time outs to prevtn delay of game. It probably cost them the game as if they keep one of those, they likely run it 4 times because they can. The play call and strategy was fine an the defender made an unbelievable play.

The game literally came down to punishing mistakes. Every mistake was punished on both sides. Seattle mismanaging the game ended up being punished in the end where time prevented them from making the easy decision to run the ball.

I would still have sneaked the ball at least once, but the strategy by bevel is not at fault

fractal    2488

If by driving at will you mean dinking and dunking. The Patriots averaged 2.7 ypc, and Brady averaged 6.6 ypa. That isn't "at will". Let's also not forget that Seattle sustained 2 very key injuries: Cliff Avril's concussion, and this to Jeremy Lane:

ey4u0s7abhaa3400fekt.jpg

But yes, Seattle made the mistake at the wrong time, and it cost them the game. I wouldn't say anyone really outplayed anyone. The Patriots had just a slightly better coaching staff (I mean, really, Darrell Bevell lost that game and Carroll and Wilson are jumping on the grenade, not to mention Bevell thew Lockette under the bus), and it ended up costing Seattle.

So here you go Joe, congrats to the Patriots on their season and their Super Bowl:

tom-brady-richard-sherman-handshake.jpg?

That said, Seattle will be back next year. Byron Maxwell is the only important impending free agent, and they have placed re-signing him as a high priority. Then you get guys like Mebane, Jordan Hill, Cassius Marsh, Paul Richardson back, and of course, the draft and free agency. Right now, the only 2 teams that I feel can compete in the NFC will be Arizona (if their QB situation can be stable) and Green Bay, but even then, Randall Cobb hasn't heard anything about a contract, and it's not like they were able to move the ball all that well in the first place against Seattle. Dallas will lose either Murray or Bryant, and the Cowboys know it.

If by driving at will you mean dinking and dunking. The Patriots averaged 2.7 ypc, and Brady averaged 6.6 ypa. That isn't "at will". Let's also not forget that Seattle sustained 2 very key injuries: Cliff Avril's concussion, and this to Jeremy Lane:

ey4u0s7abhaa3400fekt.jpg

But yes, Seattle made the mistake at the wrong time, and it cost them the game. I wouldn't say anyone really outplayed anyone. The Patriots had just a slightly better coaching staff (I mean, really, Darrell Bevell lost that game and Carroll and Wilson are jumping on the grenade, not to mention Bevell thew Lockette under the bus), and it ended up costing Seattle.

So here you go Joe, congrats to the Patriots on their season and their Super Bowl:

tom-brady-richard-sherman-handshake.jpg?

That said, Seattle will be back next year. Byron Maxwell is the only important impending free agent, and they have placed re-signing him as a high priority. Then you get guys like Mebane, Jordan Hill, Cassius Marsh, Paul Richardson back, and of course, the draft and free agency. Right now, the only 2 teams that I feel can compete in the NFC will be Arizona (if their QB situation can be stable) and Green Bay, but even then, Randall Cobb hasn't heard anything about a contract, and it's not like they were able to move the ball all that well in the first place against Seattle. Dallas will lose either Murray or Bryant, and the Cowboys know it.
I disagree. Philly and New York giants will be competitive. I think the g men go the gb route and show massive improvement year 2 in that system. See Eli's numbers for why

Arizona will be competitive an the saints are always a threat. Pack as well

»Paxman    4776

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xzA1suK2Vo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9J5tYShNY8

gobstopper    125

its amazing how bad Brady is throwing when the balls actually have air in them now

330 yds 4 tds ???????

gobstopper    125

like Duncan and pop, brady and bill won their title on there way out, beating the former champs

and showing old school beats new school

Seattle gift wrapped tht game to them. Seattle lost it, pats didn't win it

Like I said credit to New England for not fucking up as much as the hawks.

youre actually retarded, go learn football