Candela

Satellarknight - Discussion

w00tster    2

I'm considering Forbidden Lance over DPrison in the main.

[...]

Thoughts?

Prison is a standalone card, Lance is not.

Prison gets rid of Winda if they attack. Otherwise, You are preventing 2200 worth of damage just form the opp's fear of prison.
Lance gets rid of Winda if YOU attack but they add back Fusion.

Just for those reason (and more), I think Prison > Lance.

• Upvote 1

~NettLEs~    73

Okay, Prison is definitely better than Lance. Against Shaddoll, BLS and Spoly Construct are way scarier than Winda and Lance doesn't out them.

Kyary    2424

I'm heading to regionals tomorrow, and am expecting quite a lot of LightswornDolls, similar to Patrick's build.  I'm thinking of fitting in Bottomless, but not entirely sure what to take out because everything just works out so well.  Ughhh.

Eddie2013    67

I'm heading to regionals tomorrow, and am expecting quite a lot of LightswornDolls, similar to Patrick's build.  I'm thinking of fitting in Bottomless, but not entirely sure what to take out because everything just works out so well.  Ughhh.

La regionals?

»Barron    7987

probs a breakthrough skill or prison

Eddie2013    67

probs a breakthrough skill or prison

I dropped 1 prison for bottomless

~NettLEs~    73

Attended Northern Games CS today.

Biggest takeaways from today:

1. Always make Cairngorgon before setting Vanity if your opponent has two sets

2. Never side out Vega against Burning Abyss, mid-late game you will have Altair in hand and Deneb in grave, so Unuk + Charge/Call into Vega + Altair + Deneb = Castel Dweller on their Dante.

2-0ed Burning Abyss every time I played it. Lost to Yang Zing due to lack of playtesting and lost to Shaddoll due to being the worse player. Siding Chain D going first was insanely good.

Eddie2013    67

Attended Northern Games CS today.

Biggest takeaways from today:

1. Always make Cairngorgon before setting Vanity if your opponent has two sets

2. Never side out Vega against Burning Abyss, mid-late game you will have Altair in hand and Deneb in grave, so Unuk + Charge/Call into Vega + Altair + Deneb = Castel Dweller on their Dante.

2-0ed Burning Abyss every time I played it. Lost to Yang Zing due to lack of playtesting and lost to Shaddoll due to being the worse player. Siding Chain D going first was insanely good.

Dude I feel you on that yang zing loss. In round 3 I lost to it because of fire and ice hand ramming into my guys with no Answer.

~NettLEs~    73

Also, I feel like D-Fissure isn't an amazing card to side in this deck. It conficts heavily with Stellarnova. Obviously I play it when I establish control, but a lot of times I drew awkward hands of Stellarnvoa and Fissure which actually lost the game vs Yang Zing.

• Upvote 1

Samantha    154

Here is Based Loli's Artifact Satellarknight deck that he used to get Top 4 at the LA Regional yesterday :) total attendance was 1,034 people.

[spoiler]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W47tEJLnSI0

[/spoiler]

• Upvote 9

MKDImmortal    43

Don't get the watered down compulse side choice at at all. Yeah you bounce fusions but if you're bouncing anything else like BLS / DAD you're bouncing something of yours too and worst case scenario you're bouncing dante with a material and your own monster which can  just be negative.

Samantha    154

I got 24th place at the LA Regional yesterday going 8-2. I played verses 7 Shaddoll variants, 1 Batteryman Artifact, 1 Burning Abyss, and 1 Mirror Match. Both loses were to Shaddoll. >.> 

Probably could have made better Side Deck choices, but was def happy with the way the deck preformed at a fairly large event.

[spoiler]

xlwoqeG.png

[/spoiler]

Grand Mole was the real MVP. 

• Upvote 4

+Paraliel+    8016

I've been playing Alex's list for a while now and I feel it's way superior to normal Satellaknights. It gives you a much better game 1 vs Shaddolls and it helps a ton vs BA because Pleiades is an actual insane card vs that deck. No point in sitting on it outside of the discussion now since he revealed it and format is almost over.

+Paraliel+    8016

Don't get the watered down compulse side choice at at all. Yeah you bounce fusions but if you're bouncing anything else like BLS / DAD you're bouncing something of yours too and worst case scenario you're bouncing dante with a material and your own monster which can  just be negative.

Bouncing things when your Altair looping is not a big deal at all, especially if you're just putting an Altair back in your deck so it balances itself out, plus spinning back Dantes and Shaddoll Fusion monsters is just an incredibly powerful play that can keep them out of the game. Also spinning back cards for game can come up quite a bit.

MKDImmortal    43

Bouncing things when your Altair looping is not a big deal at all, especially if you're just putting an Altair back in your deck so it balances itself out, plus spinning back Dantes and Shaddoll Fusion monsters is just an incredibly powerful play that can keep them out of the game. Also spinning back cards for game can come up quite a bit.

It seems like keeping your altair/deneb on the board just halts you from setting up your locks. if you bounce a fusion i guess thats a win-win but if you're bouncing lets say, a dante with a BA on it that's not really helping you out and leaving you with just deneb on board.

I obviously haven't actually tried the card but thats just how it looks like to me looking at it first glance.

Candela    546

Someone actually used the Compulsory Escape Device idea mentioned in the OP. ;(

A Loli    1924

not sure why using another compulsory for the same value sounds "negative" to you lol

It seems like keeping your altair/deneb on the board just halts you from setting up your locks. if you bounce a fusion i guess thats a win-win but if you're bouncing lets say, a dante with a BA on it that's not really helping you out and leaving you with just deneb on board.

I obviously haven't actually tried the card but thats just how it looks like to me looking at it first glance.

pretty sure u never make anything out of the extra until you have a protected emptiness so idk what locks you're talking about. you know what's good about leaving a dennis on board though

ur counter trap XD

• Upvote 5

».ben.    7438

I thought your explanation about upstart v. artifact engine was really smart. 

Justin.    734

I'm not sure if it has the same interaction as Thunderbird/WU Rabbit, but can't Omega protect itself and Pleiades from Escape Device? Seems like it would to me and that's probably another interaction that Loli saw with the card.

ytxpikachu    22

I'm not sure if it has the same interaction as Thunderbird/WU Rabbit, but can't Omega protect itself and Pleiades from Escape Device? Seems like it would to me and that's probably another interaction that Loli saw with the card.

Yes, Omega can protect itself and other Constellars from Escape Device. It can also help you get around breakthru skill/LIM/etc by returning your own TK monsters.

ytxpikachu    22

It would not get around LIM since the printed attribute is Light.

Sorry, I was wrong with the LIM. But it still a way to go around veiler/breakthru and such.

Kuvira    1

[spoiler]TygZ2GU.png[/spoiler]

Should I be main decking my MSTs seeing as how we are in a Vanity meta? Only other ways I've escaped Vanity's lockdown is through boosting my monsters in the damage step with Chalice.

».ben.    7438

Relying on Chalice shenanigans to out Vanity's seems really risky. Esp if their monster is something big like Construct. 

Kuvira    1

Relying on Chalice shenanigans to out Vanity's seems really risky. Esp if their monster is something big like Construct. 

Yeah, I'm trying to find something to take out to main deck at least two MSTs. What would you suggest?