Omega Red

Dragon Ball Z CCG (Panini Relaunch)

Omega Red    100

The nostalgia factor is definitely hitting me hard with this one. Love the new layouts and the new wordings. I'll pick up some starters for sure. The fact that they're compatible with the old Score cards is crazy.

Anyone else think this might be able to get a strong grassroots playerbase?

http://retrodbzccgcom.fatcow.com/2014/07/28/first-thoughts-panini-americas-dragon-ball-z-ccg/

10547790_695006643886114_272209196191161

10507142_694981720555273_242256339990396

The chosen Juan    1397

I had some of these cards when I was a kid. Too bad it never got popular around here, so I never really got to play with the cards. Hope we get these new cards in South America, I'd love to play!

Loaded Dice    1182

Ordering it for my store! Will push the shit out of this. I played so much with my friends back in the day! 

• Upvote 1

TFJ    618
Can I sell my old cards now.

This original game was fun. Want to see a set.

Loaded Dice    1182

I got a box of this and ended up getting a test print card. Not sure how much it's worth :/ will post a pic soon. 

• Upvote 2

Raizen    9

Welps where I'm at this stuff is selling out faster than I can buy it.  I was unaware at how anticipated this game was.

I still need 3 confrontations and a Heroic Energy Sphere, but I pieced together a pretty strong red Goku deck.

»Jeff Jones    13265
My personal store still has starter decks but we are completely sold out of boxes and we can't order more. Sucks

Omega Red    100

Yeah, hopefully distributors restock ASAP. Games like this need to be on the shelves. You might pique someone's curiosity, but if they have to bend over backwards to even try it, they'll just say fuck it instead.

An attempt at actual strategy discussion: 

Steve Silverman gave me a swift creaming with Namekian Piccolo on Monday. Deck is very good. I'm personally trying to tune a Red SS God Goku deck. The red mastery is cheeks, but the red physical attacks are so good with your ridiculously high power stages.

What decks seem strong to you guys? I think I'd rate the masteries like this (best to worst):

Namekian
Black

Blue

Orange

Saiyan

Red

Raizen    9

I'm utilizing the same style currently (red Goku).  Im very sure Namekian is plain unfair in general (I think Gohan Namekian is the best combination)

Namekian

Blue

Black

Red

Orange

Saiyan

I think these tiers are heavily based on how much strategic approach is needed to make the most of each style. The game is fairly balanced so I've no gripes to make.  My local is going to have its first tourney tomorrow.  If anyone is in the Largo, FL region Game On is having a tourney starting at 7PM.

Also, for anyone considering playing, it is VERY fun and all cards can come foil (chance of a card in a pack that is foil is about 1:3). Foils in this game are actually worth something, oh and Saiyan Trunks is nasty.

TFJ    618

I'm utilizing the same style currently (red Goku).  Im very sure Namekian is plain unfair in general (I think Gohan Namekian is the best combination)

Namekian

Blue

Black

Red

Orange

Saiyan

I think these tiers are heavily based on how much strategic approach is needed to make the most of each style. The game is fairly balanced so I've no gripes to make.  My local is going to have its first tourney tomorrow.  If anyone is in the Largo, FL region Game On is having a tourney starting at 7PM.

Also, for anyone considering playing, it is VERY fun and all cards can come foil (chance of a card in a pack that is foil is about 1:3). Foils in this game are actually worth something, oh and Saiyan Trunks is nasty.

Can Gohan do Namekian style? There used to be limits.

Raizen    9

He is an eligible MP to play Namekian.  The rule book's reasoning is anyone that is Namekian or trained by a namekian.

Its quite a ridiculous combination.

TFJ    618

He is an eligible MP to play Namekian.  The rule book's reasoning is anyone that is Namekian or trained by a namekian.
Its quite a ridiculous combination.

I was guessing training last night, but that's new. Good though sort of so more people can use it...

Raizen    9
Well I went to my first tourney Thursday and I have to say blue ginyu is the nastiest deck to face. Constant ally pressure and plenty of anger reducing effects to stagger your ability to advance levels, and especially for red style which uses anger as a resource. The other thing I noticed is the absolute necessity of playing a full set of spheres

Loaded Dice    1182

Well I went to my first tourney Thursday and I have to say blue ginyu is the nastiest deck to face. Constant ally pressure and plenty of anger reducing effects to stagger your ability to advance levels, and especially for red style which uses anger as a resource. The other thing I noticed is the absolute necessity of playing a full set of spheres

I was hearing a lot of buzz on black krillin. Trying to build it now but sadly I only have 1 UR and it's the villain one :/

• Upvote 1

»Jeff Jones    13265
Black Krillin sucks.

Best decks are Namekian Piccolo, Blue Ginyu, and Blue Vegeta [ something I made ;) ]

Raizen    9

Meh, I've been considering Orange Trunks or Goku atm.  On one hand Goku is clearly meant for orange, on the other I like Trucks deck stacking ability along with his named attack that allows a unstoppable styled energy attack on hit. I'm liking the variety.

sunnyd2293    85

There is also an online simulator for this, similar to YVD. Instructions for the download are here: http://dbztoptier.com/forums/index.php?/topic/236-play-the-dragon-ball-z-tcg-online-via-octgn-set-up-guide/

Let me know if anyone wants to play on there. I'm up for teaching people; this game is pretty fun. They have an online league on DBZ Top Tier as well.

+Urthor    10234

Just gonna say this game is insane, like this game def passes my "cynical urthor test of actual goodness," and is having a real scene at locals atm.

Me and Sunny are in a skype call now playing, if anyone wants to join in and like learn the ropes and stuff, that'll be gr8.  

The chosen Juan    1397

I just installed everything to play online, but I've no idea how to, so I'm gonna watch a couple vids and maybe we can play later