Samantha

Shaddoll - Discussion

TFJ    618
Was Crush nice? Only vs Nekroz or others?

Podoboo    12

How was Dragon with half of your match ups being Nekroz? Was setting him or getting him out with Falco incredibly relevant? Did you ever find yourself wanting to make a level 6 Synchro or are they entirely unnecessary right now? I could easily see that being the case, but I was wondering if it played out that way. Did you keep Shadow Games in or side them out when you went second?

Chaotrope    245

Anything significant playsplays or other things you noticed and such?

Hmm. I tried to reduce the number of potential brick cards in the deck, which is why there's no Felis, DAD, or anything of the sort. Keep it simple. Mistake is such a blowout against Nekroz, so I felt it was worth risking it being dead otherwise (I sided it out against RB, Dolls, and Infernoid, obviously). Playing around Trishula is very important, especially in g1 when I didn't have Lancea to cover me. One time I had to fuse a Construct and an in-hand Beast and forego both effects to stop a Trish play, but it won me the game. Playwise, I just tried to Winda a lot turn 1 and back it up with hand traps, and barring that I tried to set up Falco/SSG, which is still an incredibly strong play.

How was Dragon with half of your match ups being Nekroz? Was setting him or getting him out with Falco incredibly relevant? Did you ever find yourself wanting to make a level 6 Synchro or are they entirely unnecessary right now? I could easily see that being the case, but I was wondering if it played out that way. Did you keep Shadow Games in or side them out when you went second?

A lot of times I sided out a Dragon against Nekroz, but g1 it was still useful to break the Djinn lock with the flip effect. My last round opponent was a friend of mine, and he sided Decrees so I kept in both and it won me the game. There were a couple of times I wanted a LV6 just to get an ATK position Falco off the board, but I only Synchroed twice all day, once into an Arcanite that got Veilered, and once into Black Rose Twilight to clear an Ulti-Pettlephin. I never summoned Castel or Exciton, for what that's worth. And in regards to SSG, I usually sided out 1 going second, unless I had other cards I needed to take out more.

Was Crush nice? Only vs Nekroz or others?

I actually never saw it. In testing before the regionals it was really good to me though.

• Upvote 2

Podoboo    12

That's really good to know, thanks. I haven't been able to test as much as I like recently because school's been taking up so much time. I'm hoping I can go to Regionals this weekend in San Antonio but I'm not certain, I don't think I'd have anyone to go with if my friends from Austin or Houston don't come.

How important was Ring of Destruction? I thought I had one but it seemed to have disappeared. In a similar vein, would I get in significant trouble running Tackle Crusader over Peropero? That's more a personal thing than anything else. I can definitely see the importance of Peropero since I can make Shek with it and still have it available at a later point, but I worry about using Math as an immediate out to a Djinn lock which Tackle would do.

Chaotrope    245

That's really good to know, thanks. I haven't been able to test as much as I like recently because school's been taking up so much time. I'm hoping I can go to Regionals this weekend in San Antonio but I'm not certain, I don't think I'd have anyone to go with if my friends from Austin or Houston don't come.

How important was Ring of Destruction? I thought I had one but it seemed to have disappeared. In a similar vein, would I get in significant trouble running Tackle Crusader over Peropero? That's more a personal thing than anything else. I can definitely see the importance of Peropero since I can make Shek with it and still have it available at a later point, but I worry about using Math as an immediate out to a Djinn lock which Tackle would do.

Ring is awesome. Chainable spot removal combined with burn damage.

Peropero is slower than Tackle Crusader, but it can't be negated by Trish. That's important.EDIT: lol nvm I suck. It's also an out to Diamond (dump it early against Satellars) and pretty much any relevant floodgate.

Hello guys/gals.

I'm a random Shaddoll Duelist that some of you are probably familiar with. But that's more than enough about me.

I just wanna post this decklist here. Because here it will at least hopefully be seen by someone good. The following deck is a damn-near "auto-win" against nekroz & qlipoths. It's auto-win against pretty much any spell-heavy deck. This Shaddoll deck does basically 1 thing, and that's whipping out Naturia Beast on turn 1, pretty much every game. You'll see how it does it below. It's a pretty simple concept. I max every card that could lead to beast. I hit some sort of "threshold" where turn 1 beast happens about 77% of the time by my estimate. So here it is:

Naturia Beast Shaddolls - 40 cards

Monsters - 16

BLS

Mathematician x 3

dragon x 2

falco x 2

Beast x 1

squamata x 1

hedgehog x 2

Electromagnetic turtle / rainbow kuribo x 1 (dont know if turtle is legal yet)

Glow-up x 1

Psychic jumper x 2

Spell - 21

Upstart x 3

Shaddoll / el shaddol fusion x 6

MST x 2

Foolish x 1

Emergency Teleport x 3

Instant Fusion x 3

Soul charge x 1

Book of moon x 1

creature swap x 1

Traps - 3

Sinister shadow games x 2

Core x 1

Extra

Shekignaia (the lvl 10) x 1

Construct x 2

Winda x 2

Panzer dragon x 1

Karbonala warrior x 1

Fusionist x 1

Star eater x 1

Leo x 1

Black rose x 1

Naturia beast x 1

3 xyz's... You can play fortune tune to fix bad hands, gachi also fixes the other type of shit hand. I usually play a 101 because apparently when it detaches crap Dragon & squamata will get their effects. YGOPRO may have it programmed wrong, but if it's right, 101 puts in mad work.

So anyway... if you take a close look, you see that mathematician + e-tele = nat beast, as does math + instant fusion. There are WAY too many ways to get out turn 1 beast in this deck. It happens more often than not in my testing. So if you win the dice roll against Nekroz, you usually win game 1. Game 2 they side against beast, and you can try to counter-side. I've tried a bunch of crap, but the way the deck beats nekroz is by going first game 1... losing game 2... and going first game 3. If you first turn beast them that's usually enough for the win. The deck has major problems against burning abyss, but I personally have started siding samsara dragon of rebirth. 2600 def stops dante and it's also monster reborn on wheels.

So there ya have it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Nash    256

It was tough for me to decide, but I think this is my favourite part:

"The deck has major problems against burning abyss, but I personally have started siding samsara dragon of rebirth. 2600 def stops dante and it's also monster reborn on wheels."

»Tygo    14122
Oh geez 101 is a lot better than I thought!

petqwe    286

I don't know whether I should be the one to be serious here but

if your ______.dek does only one thing and that is to make Naturia Beast, you should not be playing this deck. As far as I know, Six Samurai can make 1st turn Naturia Beast much more often than this fucking deck.

No, download ygopro, build your deck, at the deckbuilding page you shuffle the deck and the first 5 cards will be your starting hand. Tell me how often you will make Naturia Beast by repeating this process ~100 times. I am quite sure that you will not have a 77% chance to make Beast. My bet is that you tested for 9 games and you made Beast 7 times. That is not really sufficient size.

Ummm... My only defense right now is that nat beast is almost an "auto-win" game 1 against nekroz.

You could also take my concept & "dilute" it a little, basically keeping the option of dropping naturia beast on the table, and just not doing it as much.

Also...

I forgot to add ring & crush card to my list... I made this under last list.

So just add in ring & crush... Take out 2 upstarts... & That's the deck.

I think the real power of my build comes from Mathematician + E-Tele.

You do your normal shaddoll shit... But instead of math + falco... you end on falco + nat beast turn 1...

It's not that bad... Even against abyss. Every deck plays spells... 

So here are most of the nat beast plays on turn 1:

Math + E-Tele = beast

psychic jumper + instant fusion = beast

glow-up + instant fusion = beast

foolish + instant fusion = beast

math + instant fusion = beast (math send glow-up)

Instant fusion + e-tele = beast (Preserves your normal summon which can be used with math to plus)

Shadoll Fusion (opponent has extra deck mon) - Ditch glow-up // then instant fusion

There are other combos

I guess thats it... It's not hard to do turn 1. But you may have to take a serious minus.

this gives you guys a reason to run one of those lvl 4's you tech. The one that's like sekka. (you nekroz cats u)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

pablopablo    143

In what way is a 2200 attacker that negates spells cards "not bad" against a deck whose main strategy is to summon monsters with 2500 attack and activate trap cards?

The only way I could see Nat Beast being remotely useful against BA is if you're trying to force your opponent to go into their extra deck so you can plus off of shaddoll fusion, but I just don't see how that could be worth. 

Chaotrope    245

Trishula most certainly negates pero pero...

Yeah, I'm bad. I didn't realize it worked in the damage step, but it's that whole "negating an effect" thing that makes it work where Gungnir doesn't.

ummm... turn 1 nat-beast is hot against the current meta.

Thats what I tried to do... I guess I failed...

If you can OPEN on nat beast... You have a GREAT Nekroz match-up....

but I missed. Like a bitch... Fuck me.

• Downvote 6

Ummm... My only defense right now is that nat beast is almost an "auto-win" game 1 against nekroz.

You could also take my concept & "dilute" it a little, basically keeping the option of dropping naturia beast on the table, and just not doing it as much.

Also...

I forgot to add ring & crush card to my list... I made this under last list.

So just add in ring & crush... Take out 2 upstarts... & That's the deck.

I think the real power of my build comes from Mathematician + E-Tele.

You do your normal shaddoll shit... But instead of math + falco... you end on falco + nat beast turn 1...

So here are most of the nat beast plays on turn 1:

Math + E-Tele = beast

psychic jumper + instant fusion = beast

glow-up + instant fusion = beast

foolish + instant fusion = beast

math + instant fusion = beast (math send glow-up)

Instant fusion + e-tele = beast (Preserves your normal summon which can be used with math to plus)

Shadoll Fusion (opponent has extra deck mon) - Ditch glow-up // then instant fusion

There are other combos

I guess thats it... It's not hard to do turn 1. But you may have to take a serious minus.

this gives you guys a reason to run one of those lvl 4's you tech. The one that's like sekka. (you nekroz cats u)

The bolded shit is worth a look.

• Downvote 5

»Tygo    14122

Just...... stop......

Eruntien    43

If you wanted naturia beast.dek why not play sams which do that way better. Also if they run the armageddon farfa build its not to hard to out. Also if your deck has to run so many basd cards to summoun 1 good card it probably isnt a good idea whilst at least with sams you dont run anything out of the normal and can usually summon multiples. And this meta Nekroz wont be the only deck topping now that qli are dead decks like dolls BA and tellars will be back all of which your deck scoops against.

Indignation    2858

I think the idea is somewhat interesting but the way he presented it was crap. Also you do not get the effects of Squamata/Dragon off of Honor Ark.

The Ween    237
I found some success playing a kinda janky myrmeleo/ shek control build with E tele, glow up bulb, 1 re cover and 1 jumper. Opening nat beast or shek with a trap hole/ shadow games/ general protection is actually really good against the meta. I think the instant fusion idea may be a little over the top with such a tight extra. If this dude had made a deck that can win outside of nat beast and wasn't only trying to make nat beast the reaction might have been better.

BTW veiler really shines in a deck like this by being the only necessary construct target and by stopping the random denkos and monster based removal. It also stops BA shenanigans with math, crane, and TGU since they could end up being one of the worst matchups for this build.

Podoboo    12

he's onto something insofar as turn 1 Nat Beast is good against Nekroz/Qli/Dolls (more so the first two). But as was mentioned before, why Shaddolls? Why would you try to take a DARK archetype and force it to make Nat Beast? You're running Instant Fusion, targets for it (smaller extra on top of the Beast, which I think should probably be at two because they might out it somehow), E-Tele, and targets for that, which means you have something like ten free spots in your extra and you're eating up 6-9 main deck spaces, and hoping you open with Math. Seriously, all the combos you just listed were essentially

Glow Up/Foolish + IF

Jumper/E-Tele + IF

E-Tele + Generic level 3 EARTH

The only ones that weren't along those lines were Math substituting as Foolish in the first one, and the off chance that you get to dump Glow-Up with Shaddoll Fusion and having Instant Fusion. But the thing is, if your opponent went first and has an extra deck monster, you probably aren't facing your auto-win match ups and you have to figure out something better to do.

Six Sams was mentioned earlier. If you really, really want to dedicate to NatBeast.dek, why not E-Tele Sams ft. IF? Gives you extra EARTH level 2 tuner to run in Kagemusha, and you can now run Re-Cover to sync with Kizan. If you were really so inclined you could still include Math for Glow-Up. Not sure why you'd do that but it's an option. Hell you could run Lonefire Blossom, dig through all three of those then grab Glow Up + IF. If you want to win just by going NatBeast, then you should be running a deck that provides you with organic EARTH monsters.

Like the guy above me said, Nat Beast can definitely win you game one against the right deck, but if you're going to be running Shaddolls, it's better to have Nat Beast as an option and have more things your deck can easily do, than cram a Nat Beast focused engine in a deck that has nothing to do with it and hope your actual archetype might be able to pick up some slack.