Samantha

Shaddoll - Discussion

atem16    283

With cross souls approaching shortly I think mind control will be great mained, being able to take control something like unicore and fusing for the water fusion

Why did this get negged he's 100% right its also good to mind control lavalval chain while under djinn lock to search an out and remove the material
ya taking chain dumping let's say pero and able to get rid of the djinn lock right there. The extra deck seems to just be impossible after this set with the new tellarknight Xyz and able to make rank 5s easier if that's being considered
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

»Exhale    6628

I am testing 3 Mind Drain for the side deck to facilitate the floodgate strategy. I was getting nice game 2's to know I have 6 ways to slow down my Nekroz match-up (Mistake + Mind Drain) but I still have my doubts about it, factoring the payment in LP and shutting off your hand traps (Veiler + Lancea). The pro's of the situation is to have little to no searching from your opponent and maintaining advantage over the opponent until they're overwhelmed. We already have some effective ways to out the Djinn lock (Not the most efficient imo) but they are out's nonetheless. Shaddolls game 1 isn't really favorable against nekroz unless you flip mistake, so I wanted to make game 2 & 3 a lot easier siding 3 mind drain.

On the topic of outing the Djinn lock, 5 cards (2 dragon, 3 squamata) + PeroPero, Raigeki, and BoM (If you run all of these) are basically outs to the lock essentially. That's around 20% of the deck that can out the lock that you main deck (That's just me though). These may be bad giving your opponent 1 more turn but trying too hard to out the Djinn lock can affect your opening hands when running dark holes and other tech especially if you are going first.

Why would you play mind drain over Anti-spell, I mean it even makes their denko sekkas dead

You're right but anti-spell slows shaddoll down as well. They'll be in the same situation, but just more annoying having to be delayed a turn. (Plz correct me if i'm wrong but i'm pretty sure this is the case.)

ur wrong

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Lang    905
My big question is what water to use mainboard, if any. It seems like Nephe would be the way to go so you are maining useless waters, no? Core is there too but not an option if u wanna go t1 Anomalith. The only decent waters i can think of for discussion are: Treeborn/Sinister. There any i forgot, and thoughts?

I didnt see this discussed really recently, i went a few pages back. If u wanna lemme know what pages, that would be appreciated
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

muzzy    92
Mind Control ain't an out to the djinn lock because they will chain Clausolas negating the Chain
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

herbie ✌    1340

My big question is what water to use mainboard, if any. It seems like Nephe would be the way to go so you are maining useless waters, no? Core is there too but not an option if u wanna go t1 Anomalith. The only decent waters i can think of for discussion are: Treeborn/Sinister. There any i forgot, and thoughts?

I didnt see this discussed really recently, i went a few pages back. If u wanna lemme know what pages, that would be appreciated

King of the Swamp?
It's a pretty large engine but 3 Swamp and a Poly gives you a water you can fuse with and a monster that you can ditch for a fusion in a monster heavy hand.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So uh...
Spellbook Magician? That was the first card that ever came up in "what if we had Shadlul Trishula" questions.

But if looking for a card that actually does something, someone pointed out Shocktroops of the Ice Barrier a while back, for being able to out a Nek and then search another copy of itself to make Anomalilith.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand the keyboard warrior of the week award goes to... J M K!
Thanks for standing up to your beliefs, buddy!
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Lang    905
Nephe seems best. Any other route is just putting subpar cards in the deck. The deck doesnt need more brick cards, or ones that are only good with other cards etc. just my opinion. The two waters i mentioned have multiple values in them at least and im not even sold on those

Edit: Shock trooper is actually kinda neat.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

muzzy    92
Shock troops was an ok find Shame if it doesn't destroy you don't get to search

oukiqt    30

I'm telling you guys Jigabyte sounds really neat

I don't think I'm fully understanding the implications of Jigabyte. Is the self-summon relevant for anything other than rank 4 plays or is it solely for that opportunity?

Does its recruit effect help us in any way?

NB96    860
just play nephe and double core, shock troops is dead in every other matchup but those aren't. not to mention they are actual combo pieces. and nephe makes construct with two shaddolls, wtf thats actually reaaaaly neat. not to mention you still have acces to shekhinaga, very good vs satellarknight and also good vs nekroz.

i dont see this obsession with running water monsters. i subscribed to that about a month ago but theres no need for them. you can absolutely summon anomalilith just fine with those two. no need for jigabyte or ice barriers. i can see the merit in shock trooper mind you, its removal and it replaces itself. but i dont think it has enough utility all around, whereas with nephe and core you can do more than anomalilith. urthor summed it up well several pages back, the defensive el shaddoll + core into lilith is a very strong interaction. especially because you add back el, so now you arent losing to farfa or book of moon/eclipse since el is chainable.

these waters are unneded, konami already gave shaddolls the tools to make anomalilith accessible.

shoutouts to J M K for being a faggot

»Tygo    14141

JMK is banned. If anyone sees more negs from him or something similar, report it to me and I'll handle it.

• Upvote 1

Virtuoso    104

I'm telling you guys Jigabyte sounds really neat

I don't think I'm fully understanding the implications of Jigabyte. Is the self-summon relevant for anything other than rank 4 plays or is it solely for that opportunity?

Does its recruit effect help us in any way?

shaddolls can still be seen as an otk deck, and the fact that jigabyte is a special summon means you can play your whole hand as the situation requires. damage, xyz material, etc. 

i dont like treeborn/serpent suggestions because they arent very valuable plusses. ok you got a serpent back, now what. you intend to keep spamming liliths? it doesnt sound reasonable. its like a strictly worse glowup bulb and no one uses bulb

though with serpent you do have that option to, sp el fuse into lilith, add serpent back immediately, and somehow recover elfusion to make another lilith if this one is broken, essentially locking them out of the game. So with serpent i can imagine 3 squa would be necessary for core dumps without construct

• Upvote 1

Lang    905
Treeborn is neat as u can do the old standby trick with econ/el shaddoll and do stuff from there. In regards to engines and cards used, i think we will cut Seraphs from our builds slowlt but surely. Those 6 slots are gonna be needed more for other stuff, and we want to stay as consistent as possible. Deck is notorious for awkward hands, so cant get too cute with these x cards that are good with y card etc. Agree or?

NB96    860
the problem with treeborn is u cant revive it in their turn with a set el. enemy controller is different because you get value out of it in their turn; sending treebornith math does nothing until your next turn otherwise. but i dont want to play stuff to make lilith on my second turn going first, i want it on their turn at the latest so i can immediately stop their plays.

not to mention sending core gets back nephe. the main advantage of serpent/treeborn is they are reusable water materials. but when core gets back your nephe to make lilith again, i see no reason whatsoever to use those waters instead or core and nephe.

Junglebellz    10

Treeborn is neat as u can do the old standby trick with econ/el shaddoll and do stuff from there. In regards to engines and cards used, i think we will cut Seraphs from our builds slowlt but surely. Those 6 slots are gonna be needed more for other stuff, and we want to stay as consistent as possible. Deck is notorious for awkward hands, so cant get too cute with these x cards that are good with y card etc. Agree or?

The problem with doing that is now you have to replace it with something else. The Seraphs are the best light engine the deck can use and Construct is what makes the deck especially since there aren't too many lights that are better that you can main deck.

Indignation    2858
I'm going to try some rough ideas later tonight on dn with anamolilith. You can add me for testing. Same name as my dgz.

SQUIDS~    381
Treeborn also only specials itself during your standby phase, it seems a lot of people are confused on that. Treeborn is really slow, you have to get it in the grave then let them do their turn then get to your turn then fuse with it to make anomalilith, which is 3 turns too late at that point.

GerardoSDR    173

all the waters are really subpar, the best way to have a water monster is with mind control and a second core.

some people have been saying that mind control outs the lock by taking lavalval, what are they insane? you just take the clausolas for god sake and use it to summon anomalilith, sure if they have trish then it helps nothing, but taking lavalval does even less as clausolas stops it's effect

• Downvote 2

mwnhydropump19    169

Nephe is the best card to use to get lilth out. You do not have to change your deck much to fit nephe in and it gives you access to any fusion. You also get the most value out of nephe compared to odd ball water monsters. With nephe play you can trigger 2 shaddoll effects. 

oukiqt    30
Treeborn forces you into an OTK build if you're incorporating ECon and deck building restriction of less traps. At what point would it simply be better to play Denko Dolls with the chaos dragons instead because those do the job much better? You're also taking out Mistake for Treeborn which both try to solve your Nekroz match up, except Treeborn uses up more resources and isn't a t1 play that shuts down Nekroz by itself. Unless the meta dictates maining Denko again, there should be little reason for Treeborn to see play.

Going forward, I believe there will be a decline in Seraphs because of how anemic the hands are and people begin to adjust to them by adding Breakthrough/whatever just like how HAT/Moralltach were eventually handled.

The deck shouldn't have to try this hard to play Lilith. Shek is almost as good as Lilith, but we are much more fluidly able to create Shek. Pure Shaddoll with a second Core and maybe a Nephe (though I'm not on board with this) is good enough because it retains instant speed floodgating and longevity in the mirror that is surely going to increase in popularity.
  • Downvote 1

»Exhale    6628

I don't play any waters, but Anomalilith's utility in the Nekroz matchup is too much to ignore. I play 1 Core and 2 Nephe and cut the Shaddoll Fusion down to 2 since I'm playing 7 fusion spells anyways. With 2 Nephe, you won't see Anomalilith all the time, because you're not playing any Waters in deck, but at least it gives you ways to summon the appropriate Shaddoll for the situation.

some people have been saying that mind control outs the lock by taking lavalval, what are they insane? you just take the clausolas for god sake and use it to summon anomalilith, sure if they have trish then it helps nothing, but taking lavalval does even less as clausolas stops it's effect

A reminder that you're not allowed to attempt fusing when a resolved Djinn exists anywhere on the field.

»Exhale    6628

I think an interesting topic of discussion is what spells to run besides the fusion spells right now. There are a lot of options, and for some reason no Shaddoll players have agreed upon which to main. Of the viable spells to main:

2 Dark Hole

1 Raigeki

1 Book of Moon

1 Foolish Burial

1 Soul Charge

seem to be the most relevant. Which are you guys running, and why? I think the interesting thing to note is that none of those are staple right now, except Raigeki which has picked up a lot of steam lately. But besides that, all the lists that top have a very different spell lineup.

• Upvote 1

Indignation    2858
The only one I don't use that you mentioned is foolish.

I like to maximize my outs to the djin lock and big fields. I like free advantage.