Samantha

Shaddoll - Discussion

Lang    905
Anomalith+ Mistake or just traps in general just seems ridic, so perhaps im obsessing more than I should on the topic and the answer is easy.

By using more fusion spells, anybody else gonna up the shaddoll monster count a little? I know most of you use 10-11 typically

Junglebellz    10

Anomalith+ Mistake or just traps in general just seems ridic, so perhaps im obsessing more than I should on the topic and the answer is easy.

By using more fusion spells, anybody else gonna up the shaddoll monster count a little? I know most of you use 10-11 typically

To be honest, there is no reason to bump your line-up to more than 11 monsters. With the recursion that Falco brings, plus Soul Charge, putting in one or two more monsters isn't needed, especially since there are no real other main deck worthy Dolls that we aren't already playing...with the exception of Hound.

»Exhale    6628
Hound is awful can we please never mention him ever again? I think 11 Shaddolls and 7 fusion spells will be my ratio at Columbus.
  • Upvote 2

»Exhale    6628

The only one I don't use that you mentioned is foolish.
I like to maximize my outs to the djin lock and big fields. I like free advantage.

Same! Glad we feel the same way on that. But Foolish does have its merits if you're playing 3 Squamata and possibly 2 Core, to get you a late game Anomalilith. I really wish I could fit 3 Anomalilith right now, but it's impossible pretty much. I think Anomal's release makes the baby dragons and Seraph cards completely irrelevant because you'd be using a suboptimal extra deck.

GerardoSDR    173

some people have been saying that mind control outs the lock by taking lavalval, what are they insane? you just take the clausolas for god sake and use it to summon anomalilith, sure if they have trish then it helps nothing, but taking lavalval does even less as clausolas stops it's effect

A reminder that you're not allowed to attempt fusing when a resolved Djinn exists anywhere on the field.

if you control the monster that was summoned by djinn then you are allowed to special summon, thus being able to use clausolas as a material

• Downvote 6

NB96    860
that's not how it works. it hasn't worked like that since february

knives1990    262
No. As long as the Ritual summoned is face up, the opponent cannot special summon. The opponent of whoever activated Djinn

GerardoSDR    173

that's not how it works. it hasn't worked like that since february

really? so please illustrate me on why, as I had thought that the one who gets the effect is the one who controlls the monster, im pretty sure ill get negged as hell for this, but i really want to know why

NB96    860
they changed the ruling before thsf was released, in line with the ocg.

GerardoSDR    173

they changed the ruling before thsf was released, in line with the ocg.

oh so the reason is basically because konami says so? 

NB96    860
yeah. the thsf preview page showing off manju, prep, ara and djinn reprints broke the news

Virtuoso    104

because the text says so

If a player Ritual Summons using this card, the other player cannot Special Summon while that Ritual Summoned monster is face-up on the field.

»Exhale    6628
It's not konami says so, it's common sense. The Djinn was activated by your opponent and the stipulation is just while the Ritual monster is on the field, doesn't matter where it is as long as it's face up.

Steve Wainman    1351
2 shaddoll core is really suboptimal especially because you can add nephe with any fusion a light and squamata and because it's the deadest card to hard draw, also every water monster you can play in this deck is awful.
  • Downvote 1

Drewsifer    49

Mind control is an out to djinn by the way, just take lavaval chain to send hedgehog and search squamata and hope it's effect resolves next turn lol.

Also, mind control is also a complete blowout in the mirror if theyre playing it correctly. and if they arent you win anyways. 

I don't like Nephe fusion since it has no synergy with the best monster in the deck imo being mathematician, but it may be a necessary evil. 

Also playing 11 shaddolls with 7 fusions seems horrible, we're just creating a situation where this deck loses by drawing too many fusions or too many monsters and not enough fusions, something we shouldn't repeat from formats ago. The chance of drawing two fusions is very high and even if you resolve both the same turn you're going to run out of resources too quickly to resolve the other five the rest of the game unless you're using two shaddoll core, which is horrible to draw or see multiples of imo. 

• Downvote 2

Virtuoso    104

Mind control is an out to djinn by the way, just take lavaval chain to send hedgehog and search squamata and hope it's effect resolves next turn lol.

Also, mind control is also a complete blowout in the mirror if theyre playing it correctly. and if they arent you win anyways. 

I don't like Nephe fusion since it has no synergy with the best monster in the deck imo being mathematician, but it may be a necessary evil. 

Also playing 11 shaddolls with 7 fusions seems horrible, we're just creating a situation where this deck loses by drawing too many fusions or too many monsters and not enough fusions, something we shouldn't repeat from formats ago. The chance of drawing two fusions is very high and even if you resolve both the same turn you're going to run out of resources too quickly to resolve the other five the rest of the game unless you're using two shaddoll core, which is horrible to draw or see multiples of imo. 

this has already been slightly debunked, because claus will negate chains effect

• Upvote 4

FVFRYTHFNG    346

Well someone already pointed out that Clausolas is a Quick Effect, but ok. Mind Control, if maindecking it is correct, is just all around more likely to be better when using it to take something like Unicore and fusing with it since that card is such a huge problem for this deck, but with some people playing 2 Copies of Trish, it's not as if it's uninteractive.

Mind Control has always been blowout in the mirror but it's worth mentioning that it's functionally a more flexible 4th copy of Geki/Hole when it comes to facing down threats like Diamond if you want to be that guy who plays M7.

On the topic of Nephe it's been briefly discussed in multiple threads but the conflict isn't really as demeaning to the theory behind playing the card as it would initially seem. You're right that playing 7 Fusion Spells with 11 Doll monsters does lend to some awkward hands but when Nephe itself relies upon you opening multiple Doll monsters (and therefore resolving 2 Doll effects) doesn't the question then become how many Shaddoll monsters you can feasibly play to reduce the chances of these unwanted hands happening?

Regardless, combo decks that revolve around the Fusion Mechanic of (initially) investing 3 or more cards into a play are going to run into these issues, you're looking to select the cards that have the highest EV whilst maintaining utility outside of being combo pieces and Shaddoll monsters themselves are the closest you're going to get to that. Focusing on Mathematician Value seems a little like not seeing the forest for the trees.

• Upvote 4

GerardoSDR    173

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20150424111124/yugioh/images/6/61/WrongfulArrest-CORE-JP-R.png

Also want to bring this card back up, it doesn't lose to decree or MST and semi cold waves their turn

how is this even relevant? we wont get the card until clash of rebellions which will be until august, way after the WCQ season and the meta will be quite different to how it is now

+Urthor    10234

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20150424111124/yugioh/images/6/61/WrongfulArrest-CORE-JP-R.png

Also want to bring this card back up, it doesn't lose to decree or MST and semi cold waves their turn

Yea no shit that card is really really really really fucking good, but it isn't coming to the TCG soonish therefore irrelevant

• Upvote 3

Virtuoso    104

i want to discuss hydrogeddon also. ive had friends say its simply not good, and i dont see why

it is a water for lilith. it can run over ju's and tutor another from deck pushing for damage. it can mp2 make dolkka who is essentially mistake on legs, or be fused.

is there something im missing about this card, or is it viable

• Upvote 1

Justin.    735
Everyone should just stop looking for cute cards to play to make the Water fusion. Just play Core and/or Neph ffs.
  • Upvote 1

»Tygo    14141

Maaaaaaan I know youre right but just once I actually want the answer to be hydrogeddon :(

• Upvote 2