Samantha

Shaddoll - Discussion

+Urthor    10227

I'm sure he would sell his list for a blow or 2

Thanks, now I have an Orangeyes flashback and overwhelming nostalgia for old Duelistgroundz

I'm sure he would sell his list for a blow or 2

Thanks, now I have an Orangeyes flashback and overwhelming nostalgia for old Duelistgroundz

Haha....I have no idea what your talking about.

biki    567

so you bargained and made them pay you 250 right?

Dirk    1956

Dalton has sold information I have sent him before lol

• Upvote 2

Camel    11
I've cut charge of the light brigade. It adds to the monster clog problems and when it mills Shaddolls it makes your deck burn out way too fast without even getting their effects. Foolish is much better card to get out of the early game.

Eclipse DAD is pretty insane. often times I make emerald to control my dark count aswell as the added benifit of makeing shadow games and fusion have targets late game. I run a ratio of 3-2 white and black dragons, the constant advantage it allows with Raiden is too good while controlling DAD count. I opted to cut sorc, tbh the card is really not that great and adds too much inconsistency. You never get a chance to banish dante due to downerd and hell you will be lucky to banish a contruct if your opponent played incorrectly.

Core has been amazing against the BA matchup. For many reasons people have explained.
  • Downvote 5

CMiller1416    10

On that note, someone paid me $180 for my list for Dallas and Columbus lmao. 

Did they not know they could YouTube the Dallas one? Lol.

CMiller1416    10
Don't you think charge is needed to have a searchable out with a lyla or create a better opening? It seems necessary. I still think a debate countering my previously listed beast:Squamata ratio is needed. I'm always open to being proved wrong lol.

Don't you think charge is needed to have a searchable out with a lyla or create a better opening? It seems necessary. I still think a debate countering my previously listed beast:Squamata ratio is needed. I'm always open to being proved wrong lol.

Maybe they need to test it out before they debate, or maybe it just doesn't matter.

Onion    12

I've cut charge of the light brigade. It adds to the monster clog problems and when it mills Shaddolls it makes your deck burn out way too fast without even getting their effects. Foolish is much better card to get out of the early game.

Eclipse DAD is pretty insane. often times I make emerald to control my dark count aswell as the added benifit of makeing shadow games and fusion have targets late game. I run a ratio of 3-2 white and black dragons, the constant advantage it allows with Raiden is too good while controlling DAD count. I opted to cut sorc, tbh the card is really not that great and adds too much inconsistency. You never get a chance to banish dante due to downerd and hell you will be lucky to banish a contruct if your opponent played incorrectly.

Core has been amazing against the BA matchup. For many reasons people have explained.

You kinda need Charge though, makes Mini dragons live early and chaos sorcs live.  Also it can turn off your emptiness from time to time.  Regarding core, I think it is pretty good vs BA yeah.  But idk if it's really main deck worthy, maybe in the side.  instead of siding 2 lances for example I found success siding 1 core in place of one lance.  That way you can just mill it when you expect/ know they have wwb/ karm.  I mean, they're completely different, but you don't always draw lance.  Also Core is kinda neat with Double Cylone if your running the Artifact build.  

CMiller1416    10
I find it hard to believe that it's negligible. Wrong, perhaps, but not completely unimportant. That just doesn't make any sense for a ratio of two staple cards to be unimportant.

herbie ✌    1340

I just dont get how people think they can run the LS engine with DAD, its actually just horrible together, grave control is basically non-existant and DAD is just straight up unusable outside of the first couple turns.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Camel    11

I just dont get how people think they can run the LS engine with DAD, its actually just horrible together, grave control is basically non-existant and DAD is just straight up unusable outside of the first couple turns.

Twilight and Chaos Dragons seemed to manage just fine if you look at past history. You even have cards like Daigusto emerald and soul charge in 2014 to help control it.

The thing is both those decks have like a billion ways to adjust grave, this deck on the other hand has significantly less ways.

Camel    11

The thing is both those decks have like a billion ways to adjust grave, this deck on the other hand has significantly less ways.

Have you seen a vintage twilight deck? They had far less ways to adjust graveyard than LS shaddolls. 

• Downvote 1

»Tygo    14120

Twilight and Chaos Dragons seemed to manage just fine if you look at past history. You even have cards like Daigusto emerald and soul charge in 2014 to help control it.

Twilight had gardna, mali (in some builds), Sorc, reincarnation and plague manipulating the grave.

Chaos had Pulsar, Darkflare, Sorc, BLS, and REDMD.

Soul charge, flaco, mini's and BLS... maybe emeral if you have room. 

»Tygo    14120

Also calling it vintage made me feel old thnx

• Upvote 3

+Urthor    10227

Because clearly running an amazing card that puts monster in grave for the mini dragons is a bad idea.

Yeah um, milling those monsters from the deck into your grave is free advantage.  Over-emphasising the long term gas issue in a card game like Yugioh where most duels rarely enter any sort of late game is just one of the most common mistakes novice players make, "I have to run these late game cards so I can have plays on turn 10," easily one of the most frequent mistakes bad players make.  

Most games of Yugioh are based around not getting wrecked in the early game and being prevented from setting up.  Like, the biggest reason you run mini dragons is fast advantage that is independent of the normal summon and gives you the ability to apply more pressure in a single turn, as well as being recurring combo pieces, and brigade provides fast setup FOR the mini dragons.  

Cutting it seems absurd in Lightsworn and Mathematician w/o artifacts.  Like even in math builds, I feel you HAVE to run 1 brigade 2 lyla because otherwise the light monster count is just too fucking low, and 5-6 dedicated normal summons is the right amount.

Camel    11

Soul charge, flaco, maybe emeral if you have room. 

Completely ignoring the fact that people also run Chaos Sorc, BLS, 2-3 white dragons.

Have you seen a vintage twilight deck? They had far less ways to adjust graveyard than LS shaddolls.

The game then was a lot slower then it is now. Having a died card in the hand then wasn't always considered the worse thing. Not to mention most of them ran fewer dark counts.

I would type up a extensive list of all the graveyard adjustments between each deck but god damn I just don't care that much about it

»Tygo    14120

Soul charge, flaco, maybe emeral if you have room. 

Completely ignoring the fact that people also run Chaos Sorc, BLS, 2-3 white dragons.

Edited before the quote but yeah... the numbers have a pretty big difference.

Camel    11

Because clearly running an amazing card that puts monster in grave for the mini dragons is a bad idea.

Yeah um, milling those monsters from the deck into your grave is free advantage.  Over-emphasising the long term gas issue in a card game like Yugioh where most duels rarely enter any sort of late game is just one of the most common mistakes novice players make, "I have to run these late game cards so I can have plays on turn 10," easily one of the most frequent mistakes bad players make.  

Most games of Yugioh are based around not getting wrecked in the early game and being prevented from setting up.  Like, the biggest reason you run mini dragons is fast advantage that is independent of the normal summon and gives you the ability to apply more pressure in a single turn, as well as being recurring combo pieces, and brigade provides fast setup FOR the mini dragons.  

Cutting it seems absurd in Lightsworn and Mathematician w/o artifacts.  Like even in math builds, I feel you HAVE to run 1 brigade 2 lyla because otherwise the light monster count is just too fucking low, and 5-6 dedicated normal summons is the right amount.

It's the fact that Charge is a monster itself just puts it over the top though. It the same reason no one wanted to run 3 Armageddon Knight 2 Rota. 2 Lyla and 3 Raiden with a charge just feels so shitty in the amount of normal summons.