Samantha

Shaddoll - Discussion

Dirk    1955
Not playing soul charge, armageddon, or serpent/burster is crazy. Playing with monarch cards is just too fair. Like the ability to summon a couple times in a turn, then just soul charge back your construct/winda arma lizard then just lock them with key beetle is gross.

Some of the pros/cons not listed for arma was how it makes rank 4s easier, and combos with fusion in a all s/t hand, but interacts with shadow mirror. Honestly if you dont have mst math ends up with the same result unless you are going to go felis every time your opp has backrow game 2+3.
  • Upvote 7

Miss Click    2475

Will 'Sinister Shadow Games' cause the effect of the Shaddoll monster sent to the graveyard to miss timing?

"If" optional effects don't miss timing.

»Tygo    14094

This deck seems ridiculous and I was thinking of trying it out. Is it a fun combo deck with a ton of options every turn or is it a one track deck that's going to bore me after the 5th match? How hard is the learning curve? I've read the first post with an explanation of the cards and how they work. I'm just not too sure of the ins and outs. Later on tonight or tomorrow I'm gonna go onto DN and see if I can catch people playing it to see what I can learn by observation but any feedback would be appreciated.

brighteyes    2150
I'm pretty sure this is an insane deck. It sounds like a lot of players have a lot of good techs for this weekend that they don't want shared itt until after thw tournament is over with. I'm sure we will all have a better understanding of this deck after this weekend.

Farester    814
I was losing hope that any good discussion would take place in this thread before the weekend concluded until Carbon and Dirk's contributions on this page.

I am not sure where to ask this but I feel that this deck thread is the most appropriate question to ask this in. There is a lot of "OMG tier 0 format next set" going around on youtube etc. People think the new pendulum archetype will be tier 0 and nothing will be as powerful. Some arguments for why its possible for a tier 0 format to occur include stuff like: 

averice, number 16, heavy etc are banned, no dad, honest etc at 2. 

Shaddolls are only going to get better as time goes and I honestly don't see tier 0 or am I wrong about this? 

+Urthor    10167

Dammit Dirk

leaking the best build 24 hours before Atlantic city

(|:|) :O (|:|)

+Urthor    10167

Like the only part of his post that I disagree with is that monarchs are too fair, because tributing a mini-dragon for Raiza/Caius is just unreasonably ridiculous. 

Dammit Dirk

leaking the best build 24 hours before Atlantic city

(|:|) :O (|:|)

I guess time to pick up the knights too just incase. 

Is everyone else finding trouble finding sinister shadow games the most. I just need 2 more and its so damn hard to find. 

mwnhydropump19    169
Yes the mini dragon build with arma knight is the best build as of now.this build is much more flexable than other other shaddoll builds and is much more faster.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Carbon    1859

I'm not trying to sound like a broken record but I've played about 50 or so more matches today and I promise you guys
triple Armageddon + Call of the Haunted with Kristyas has brought the deck to another level for me. I've won so many games off Calling Kristya back but honestly Call has just been great in general with Kristya/Arma/Construct/Everything. Out of the dozens of different versions I've tried playing I haven't felt this satisfied vs the entire field before this version. Try it, live it, learn it & love it.

• Upvote 1

atem16    283

I'm not trying to sound like a broken record but I've played about 50 or so more matches today and I promise you guys
triple Armageddon + Call of the Haunted with Kristyas has brought the deck to another level for me. I've won so many games off Calling Kristya back but honestly Call has just been great in general with Kristya/Arma/Construct/Everything. Out of the dozens of different versions I've tried playing I haven't felt this satisfied vs the entire field before this version. Try it, live it, learn it & love it.

.I second this ever since I've seen the build wanted to test with it and I fell in love it's really good it reminds me of when Joe sided krystia in sylvan except this deck can dump it easily having a krystia and mkb lock wins so many games also if needed chaining call to midrash to disrupt a play even krystia or a shaddoll monster and getting their effects is really neat

+Urthor    10167

The moral of the story is that just because Joe Giorlando was playing it didn't change the fact that Trade-In and Kristya wasn't great in Sylvans

• Upvote 1

Carbon, I tested the build you were talking about with Krystia and I like it. It changed the matchups for me since the Wyver build with Math has an amazing start game and a good mid and late game, while the Arma build has a good start game, amazing mid game, and bad late game. Just as a point of reference, this is the type of build you were talking about right? http://i.imgur.com/YvOF9AO.png

I also tested Victor's Polymerization idea and it kills Tellarknights. I remember a game where my opponent had a Bt S for my Arma but I had Fusion Sage and Polymerization in hand for double Winda, and he could not get passed it. I'll theory that it also has a better matchup vs BA since they have trouble with Winda too. Otherwise BA is a very difficult matchup due to Cir.

I tested Lyla for a few games and it was not that useful even with CotH. I agree that we need between 4-5 Light monsters to not have to mill a BLS, but Math and Arma do the same thing and if you are concerned about those S/T negating monster effects, then a S/T card like MST or Fairy Wind is better.

Also, I know the combo you are talking about Dirk, but I could not pull it off. It would require a clear field to not get outed by CED, Stormforth, Dragon, etc.

• Upvote 1

Carbon    1859

Close.

3 Armageddon is enough. You don't need 3 Arma and 2 Rota. There's no need for 5 copies of Knight those 2 slots could be used for way better things.

I think Core is a shitty card and personally I don't play Artifacts but with Call and Stormforth I can't really get onto you about it.

I think with Stormforth you need to have a little fun with the card.

It's essentially a free tribute summon. Raiza is great to side as it outs Shadow Mirror, can't be Poly'd and is just tits vs a lot of grindy decks.

I also think some amount of Typhoon should be in the main board but that's not where are discussing.

brighteyes    2150
Archlord Kristya has been amazing for me. Makes the Shaddoll mirror a joke. I was wondering if people knew about it for Atlantic City or not.

Lang    905
I have a regional tomorrow, and will just be using 3 light baby and 1 Sephylon for my lights I think. I may add another light last minute, so we will c. I have been preaching about the Artifact engine, but drawing Morral is meh bc ur temped to set it and takes away from construct food. Would be nice to just summon from deck, but i always open 1-2 lol, and sanctums will be dead quickly.

I also absolutely love Kristya, and will test that for another regs i have next week. Pitch it and revive via Soul Charge or Sephylon is autistic and game ending.

Another idea though, thoughts on Dichotomy? Yes majority of your cards are the same, but I can see this going off easily still. I am mainly thinking of this for Construct reuse, or perhaps Morraltech if u use Artifact. I use 2 Construct/3 Winda and i miss a 3rd construct alot personally but cant cut an extra deck card for it lol.

Also its the absolute struggle I prob wont even use my giant hand, space is too tight lol.

NB96    809

throat fucked a shaddoll and sylvan player thanks to kristya great idea carbon

mandingo would be proud

Lang    905
There has to be something viable with trip soul charge and kristyas. Glhf opponent if that goes off lol.

Spitta52    3
How many kristya is everyone testing? I'm wondering if 1 is enough since it floats itself to the top upon destruction and makes itself reusable fodder for construct. But at the same time I want to test 2 kristya and 2-3 sephylon. This seems like it would give the deck hella unplayable hands though in exchange for some power.

»victor    6396

There has to be something viable with trip soul charge and kristyas. Glhf opponent if that goes off lol.

I think you guys are going a bit overboard in the sense that people are playing Breakthrough Skill already for Wynda and Artifacts, if not for Dweller or Ophion (the deck that always gets you on the bubble). The Rank 4 access that Nikitama+Aratama give you vs Ophion isn't irrelevant.

Decks like BA are already playing PWWB and Karma Cut, and DPrison and Battleguard Howling are cards. I mean have you read Battleguard Howling, it is a Magic Cylinder + CED, that blows out half your LP if you Soul Charge and attack for 28 (with Construct or Kristya).

And within Shaddolls, it's probably too late for Atlantic City, but if you did play Prophecy, you can easily out Kristya with Power and Fate. The biggest reason that variants sees little to no play in the OCG is because of Shock Master Spells, which due to Scepter, every decks can access. The hype of World that you can Life back and still attack with (and level modded Falcon that you can Tune with for Arcanite -> Life (banish Falco, revive Beast as LV 7) -> go into Rank 7 like Dracossack), and playing Wisdom vs Spacetime, Traptrix stuff isn't to be overlooked.

I mean unless, people play Naturia Beast for Shaddoll Fusion, Soul Charge, Sylvan Charity, Miracle Fertilzer, ROTA, etc., and even then you can BTS Naturia Beast.
  • Upvote 4