Sign in to follow this  
Cantus

Artifact Sanctum, Sword & Spellbook Tower

Cantus    4

Hey all,

I recently just came out of a game against Artifact Shaddolls while I was piloting Spellbooks. I activate Tower's effect during my Standby Phase and he chains Sanctum, tossing Moralltach (Referred to as Sword in this article) out there. He destroyed Tower and said that it misses timing, but without thinking I agreed.

However, looking back on it, do I still get my Tower effect? I'm not an expert here but I just want to make sure I'm thinking about this correctly:

CL1: Tower

CL2: Sanctum

Sanctum Resolves, Special Summoning Sword,

Tower Resolves, putting a Spellbook back in the deck to draw

Sword's effect triggers, destroying Tower

Tower goes to grave and gets Special Summoning effect

This sounds right in my head. However, I don't know if it is. How does this series play out?

Thanks,

Cantus

EDIT:

Clarified card in question

Dark Templar    246

Do you mean artifact moralltach?? A lot of them are swords

But yeah sanctum was chain link 2 so the monster it summoned can't activate its effect until the already resolving chain has finished resolving so tower would resolve successfully and then be able to SS from deck because it would be destroyed on chain link 1 in a new chain.

You can't activate effects while a chain is resolving.

Cantus    4

Yeah, Blue Sword. I don't play many Artifact variants for some reason so I have always just referred to it as such.

pablopablo    143

Artifact monsters summoned by sanctum need to activate their effects in a separate chain.

So if sanctum is chained to the activation of tower and moraltach is summoned, all of the cards in the chain must resolve first before moraltach can destroy a card. 

In other words, you would get to draw a card and summon a spellcaster from your deck (if your opponent decided to destroy tower).

• Upvote 1