• Announcements

• rei

Battle of the Anime Characters   02/10/17

THE BATTLE OF THE ANIME CHARACTERS HAS BEGUN   Find it here http://duelistgroundz.com/index.php?/forum/615-battle-of-the-anime-x/
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jazz

Retro Format Player List

41 posts in this topic

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DJ2Z_Skz3rBzzihsiFj1Oxg-dpwQFkGJqKqvA0YYE1o/edit#gid=0

Hey guys, I made this spreadsheet to help us all find other players on duelingnetwork who play the retro formats we care about. I've got a few names already but decided to make this public and post it on a bunch of different sites.

The reason I made it public is so everyone can add their own username and check off the formats that they play. I figured this is the fastest and easiest way to get the contact book as full as possible.

Hopefully people don't screw it up too bad--I've got a duplicate copy that I can back up occasionally. Needless to say I don't want people changing the column headings or other people's grids. If you have a suggestion though, please post it here.

One cool feature in the spreadsheet is that you can use the filters at the top row to see only the names that go with a particular format. For those unfamiliar with google docs, I also made a video explaining how to use it. Hope it makes sense. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGFvGHIpo3o&feature=youtu.be

Happy retro dueling!

What the heck is edison plants? Edison Format, yes. Quickdraw Format, yes. Plant format, no.

It was, but it wasn't a plant format exclusively. Idk, I just got the feeling that if you put in edison plants people would take it as quickdraw mirrors and debris decks all day, where there were actually a bunch of other decks involved.

Idk what that format is called. I don't/didn't play it myself. Do you have a better suggestion for the column name? Or should there be two separate columns for that?

Just edison format I guess. Idk, just felt like being nitpicky, I hated playing plants that format.

So what does the word Edison mean anyway? Why is it called that?

Very neat. Adding myself to the spreadsheet. 

So what does the word Edison mean anyway? Why is it called that?

The only time the format was played was for one event, YCS edison or SJC edison or whatever it was back then (idk when they switch over). The list dropped, we played the format for edison, and then shining darkness dropped and we all know how that ended up.

did u seriously just take the time to bitch at him to call a format 'edison' instead of 'edison plants'

Small bump. Saw my name on the list so I thought I'd participate in this thread. By pre-bans you mean the Yata-CED format or everything pre-October 2004? Exarion is included in CRV Goats only or also in "standard" goats too?

I prefer Goats but I' open for every other format, save for Rulers.

I mean everything pre-oct 04. My thinking was so few ppl play those formats that may as well lump them all into one category. Not sure whether any of them are popular enough on their own to warrant separate columns.

And yeah, exarion is in both goat categories. I never come across people who request non-exarion pre-crv goats, but I do know some people who want to play with Cyber Dragons occasionally.

This list was how I got a bunch of the players for the swiss tourney we have going on now, but the list can probably be edited to add all the others from the swiss tourney that arn't already on it.

baby dragon/rejuv format Dragon ruler mirror? was pretty much up there with DaD mirrors.

Add me to the List. My DN is Supreme x Shark. I play retro formats all the time. 

well this should have be pinned

I love how scattered the "X" marks are all across the page, with the exception of this massive column for the greatest format in the history of this game.

I feel bad I'm the only person on the page who isn't down for goats.

I feel bad I'm the only person on the page who isn't down for goats.

Don't feel bad about it.  We like what we like.  I could never stand Troop Dupe or Bazoo Return, but they were a huge thing.

Somebody added a few new columns in the last month or so. What the heck are these and when are they from:

Six Sam

Blackwings

?????

Also to make this list bigger for goats, I'm gonna start adding people I play or see playing occasionally. Just went to unlim section in watcher mode and like 5 of the top 8 duels were goats. If other motivated people wanna help contribute to that cause, that'd be cool

Six sams I would assume being STOR sams because that was the only time they were really relevant to the point of having their own format, but I remember that format being obscenely shitty, as in he who opens gateway + sams and goes first wins.

I'd be glad to add people to the goat section. I'll be sure to ask them first of course.

Six sams I would assume being STOR sams because that was the only time they were really relevant to the point of having their own format, but I remember that format being obscenely shitty, as in he who opens gateway + sams and goes first wins.

How long did it last / what dates?

I'd be glad to add people to the goat section. I'll be sure to ask them first of course.

No need. Just add them without asking lol. I can't think of a good reason not to.

It was literally about 3 weeks between the release of STOR and the updated banned list knocking gateway to 1. Sams were a thing in the format after, but they weren't as absurdly dominant. I don't remember the date on the list, but the list that ended it was the one where oppression was banned, and pretty much everything in blackwings went to 1.

The only event during that date was YCS Dallas.

Also going on record by saying again that that format easily makes top 5 worst formats in the history of the game for me.