Sign in to follow this  
Jazz

Retro Format Player List

+Gemstone Mine    2573

Incidently, blackwing format could describe anything from Crimson Crisis release to the same list, because that was about all the formats where blackwings were relevant.

Jazz    4785

Ok that's not good enough then. If people want to add their own columns the formats should be either:

A. good

B. long lived

Incidently, blackwing format could describe anything from Crimson Crisis release to the same list, because that was about all the formats where blackwings were relevant.

dont forget the beginning of september 2013 when fili luna topped an arg running blackwings with cards for black feathers but no allure

Jazz    4785

Also you can't call a format after a deck unless it is inarguably Tier 0 or extraordinarily popular. Perhaps you could call it after a single card if it has an inordinate amount of influence. Otherwise you could simply refer to a time period and that's it.

+Gemstone Mine    2573

well, to be fair, there are only really like 5 decks that ever went full tier 0, returnDAD, teleDAD, goat control, zombiesworn, and tengu plants. Pretty much every other format is after specific cards or decks that were overly popular

Jazz    4785

well, to be fair, there are only really like 5 decks that ever went full tier 0, returnDAD, teleDAD, goat control, zombiesworn, and tengu plants. Pretty much every other format is after specific cards or decks that were overly popular

Every format before goat was tier zero as well

+Gemstone Mine    2573

You know, I'm kinda surpised that no one has called me on zombiesworn yet, everyone always seems to forget zombiesworn when they are discussing moronically busted decks.

igtw    40

Before I answer, remind me, was that tachyon rulers or post?

Well, technically, every Ruler build is post Tachyon :P

It refers to the deck as it was after the September 2013 banlist. If you remember, it was when the TCG & OCG got separate banlists and the TCG went ham with the bans. All the little rulers were banned (among other cards as well), but the big ones remained at 3.

The Ween    236
Yeah I'm pretty sure that the post baby rulers format was like 80% dragon ruler tops or something crazy like that.

petqwe    286

Is it possible to play a different deck in a particular format?

Example:

The title March 2009 Synchro Cat suggested we play Cat-oriented decks, but from what I understand that format was more like a Rescue Cat vs Necro Gardna format. Can I just play a graveyard BF deck?

Jazz    4785
Yeah of course. Just like you can play whatever you want in a goat format match.

Now some people may expect/hope to play mirrors but they should be making more specific duel notes in that case.

igtw    40

Yeah I'm pretty sure that the post baby rulers format was like 80% dragon ruler tops or something crazy like that.

Yeah, that's if you also include the Ravine/Dragunity builds as well.

TFJ    619
"San Jose" was diverse as bell because it was in September. Right after the list.

If you guys remember that list, you would realize people hadn't fully explored the format for awhile. And I am certainly not saying FishOTK was the end of that format because of course it wasn't. But using a list from the first tourney is a terrible representation of that game state.