NetRepTodd    202

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Leftovers_(TV_series)

This past Sunday I went over to a friends place to use his internet for work while he watched the final episode of True blood.  This show came on immediately following, and I was immediately hooked when I read the description of the show. 

A rapture-like event takes most of the population of the planet, and the few remaining try to survive.  It is really unfortunate that I only caught the final episode of the first season, but damn, it was interesting. 

What are your thoughts on the show?
[spoiler]

[media]http://youtu.be/ct3G_W5jnBI[/media][/spoiler]

• Upvote 1

HououinKyouma    809

Eccleston is god tier in this show. Nora and Matt centric episodes and the last episode were pretty damn good. Otherwise show is pretty mediocre. Honestly a lot of the "emotional" moments are driven by the god tier ost. They probably should have showed the last episode somewhere in the beginning, maybe after the Matt episode. I'm glad there's less of the son and teenage drama in the show in recent episodes though those plotlines are pretty boring. Expect no answers though since Lindelof is gonna Lindelof. The Guilty Remnants are infuriating also because I can't be damned to read Amy Brennenman's chicken scratch every darn episode.

NetRepTodd    202

Ah forgive me - I was told that was the last episode for the season.

I think the reason why it intrigues me so much is because it really makes you think.  Regardless of whether or not you believe the rapture will actually occur, it still makes you wonder.  Also leaves you with a lot to think about.  "what if" this or "what if" that.

I enjoy shows that make me ponder for a while.  =]

+rei+    34657
Sounds kind of like a not-shitty left behind

HououinKyouma    809

So this show has done a 360 and if you tapped out after season 1 I wouldn't blame you, but the second season deserves a shot.

Also tonight's episode was fantastic.

HououinKyouma    809

Yea season 2 was absolutely spectacular. After an extremely mediocre 1st season this show had a fantastic 2nd season, easily one of the best shows on tv.