Inexorably

Probability Calculator with Cardcar D, Pot of Duality, and Kuribandit

Inexorably    339

The program is available here.  Please read below for explanations and things.

***Please note that I have not added complete variable confirmation yet -- if you enter 'a' (a letter) or some shit as the number of upstarts or something, the program is probably going to infinitely loop, so just close it and open again in that case.***

This is essentially an evolved version of my Pot of Duality calculator.  The main choices as of now are:

-Font selection at start up (For people with different sized screens or vision)

-Choose to calculate a single target, for x - m copies.

• Running Cardcar D.
  • Running Pot of Duality.
  • Running Kuribandit (And target is a spell or trap of course).
  • After running any of these, it will not only display your results on the screen but also write it to 'results.txt' (located in the same location as the exe) so that you can copy and paste it easily.

-Choose to calculate for multiple targets resulting in multiple possible combinations.  Please note that I have restricted the number of combo pieces as for each new combo piece I need to do the formulas by hand and it was ~400 lines of the cuddles to type this out for each calculator option (so times 3).  It will likely reach ~800 lines if I add in a 5th combo piece, even with the nests.

• Running Cardcar D.
  • Running Pot of Duality.
  • Running Kuribandit.
  • After running any of these, it will not only display your results on the screen but also write it to 'results.txt' (located in the same location as the exe) so that you can copy and paste it easily.

-Choose to quit (option 0).

Screenshots:

-The icon on my desktop.

[spoiler]
8KjOkL3.png
[/spoiler]

-Selecting a font size.

[spoiler]
e2Kjc1B.png
[/spoiler]

-The program telling the user the location of the output file, as well as to choose between a single target calculator or the multi target / combo calculator.

[spoiler]
6YyDWnv.png
[/spoiler]

-Having selected the combo option, the program asks how many combo pieces you have, which possible combos from said pieces are desired by you, and to choose whether to use Cardcar, Pot of Duality, or Kuribandit as your 'special' card.

[spoiler]
KdHI1OX.png
[/spoiler]

-In this example, I chose to use Cardcar as my special card.

[spoiler]

pvjJasJ.png
[/spoiler]

-The results screen, as well as the result.txt file.

[spoiler]
UyxPZnf.png
RNxzrgr.png
[/spoiler]

-The results of an online virus scan.

[spoiler]

udA2pJv.png

[/spoiler]

Things I would like to expand upon.

[spoiler]

Write a program to dynamically find and write the paths for more combo pieces (possibly up to circa 15), as the brute force method is pretty slow.

Convert the program from console (cmd) to a windows application.  Please note that I only program things that interest me, so it may be a while before I convert this.

Account for combinations of Pot of Duality, Cardcar, and Kuribandit all in the same deck.  Writing general formulas for this is just agonizing, as I spent an hour doing it for PoD + Cardcar only to find I'd missed a tree.  The brute force method is similarly cancerous, I believe that one calculation would take between 30 minutes and 5-6 hours.

Release a header file with standard functions to let people make their own things.  Alot of the stuff is hardcoded right now into the main though, so this isn't out yet of course.

[/spoiler]

I'm pretty tired from coding so forgive me if I forgot to include something in the op.

This release was cuddly as shit to do so please tell me if there are any bugs.  There are a few grammar errors in some flow paths but I don't feel that warrants a fix right now.

• Upvote 8