Sign in to follow this  
Linnil

Don't break what's already broken

Linnil    10

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to pass through and post a deck idea of mine that is scarily similiar to the oldschool yata-Lock. It requires a little bit more of a setup (3 cards in the grave and 2 in the hand) but all in all it shouldn't be a problem to bring it out. I've done it multiple times now, and though I would like to share this idea of mine with the community, just to show again how Konami is breaking the game a little bit ;)
Goal of the deck is to prevent the opponent from doing anything by first annihilating his whole field, and afterwards locking him down by using Soul Devouring Bamboo Sword.

The Combo is going like this:

Hand: Fiendish Bamboo Sword, Phantom of Chaos
Graveyard: Mezuki, The Kick Master, Sky Scourge Norleras
1.) Summon Phantom, copy Norleras

2.) Whipe field and hand

3.) Grab Soul Devouring Bamboo Sword from deck (With Fiendish Bamboo Swords effect)

4.) Use Mezuki to summon The Kick Master

5.) Use The Kick Master to grab back Fiendish Bamboo Sword, activating Soul Devouring Bamboo Sword, attack opponent, win game

EDIT1: Updated decklist

sEeXSXQ.png

• Upvote 10

+Gojira    1706

how Konami is breaking the game a little bit ;)

This time is long past.

Cool idea for a deck though.

Linnil    10

This time is long past.

Thanks.
Yeah, I know, they've done that way too much.  It's hilarious that they're giving us a better Draw-lock, while Yata is still banned, though.

Dango    824

This time is long past.

Thanks.
Yeah, I know, they've done that way too much.  It's hilarious that they're giving us a better Draw-lock, while Yata is still banned, though.

Let's be real here it's a cool deck, but better than Yata lock? this deck has to play a lot of random cards as opposed to Yata which was just a bunch of really good yugioh cards thrown together having Yata be one of it's many win conditions.. Yata-lock>combo deck.

It's a fucking legit deck though, and I will try to make it as consistent as possible because I miss yata, and love zombies. Also vs Shaddoll if they have a hedgehog you don't lock them out, or a falco. So that kinda sucks. Vs BA the 9 ba's tell you to go fuck yourself. 

Linnil    10

It's a fucking legit deck though, and I will try to make it as consistent as possible because I miss yata, and love zombies. Also vs Shaddoll if they have a hedgehog you don't lock them out, or a falco. So that kinda sucks. Vs BA the 9 ba's tell you to go fuck yourself. 

Yeah, I know. Thought about using Abyss Dweller against shaddoll, even though that would probably too much of a setup.

Soul    7945
Where the fuck is the key beetle lol
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

yoyoba    305

How is it a better lock than yata if it only lasts 2 turns and you need like infinite setup?

• Downvote 1

griggle.    182

How is it a better lock than yata if it only lasts 2 turns and you need like infinite setup?

I'm unsure why it'd last only 2 turns

yoyoba    305

not sure if I'm missing something, but Soul Devouring Bamboo Sword does destroys itself after 2 turns?

[spoiler]

Select 1 monster equipped with a "Bamboo Sword" Equip Spell Card. If it inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent while equipped with a "Bamboo Sword" card, they skip their next Draw Phase. Destroy this card during your second Standby Phase after activation.
[/spoiler]