Urthor

Extra deck monsters vs Chain Disappearance

60 posts in this topic

Aka "will my Dante's be banished from the extra deck by Chain D on Duelnetwork"

Basically, although there's an OCG ruling saying Chain D doesn't banish from extra deck, this is not Japan and "When a monster(s) with 1000 or less ATK is Summoned: Banish that monster(s), then your opponent banishes all cards with the same name as that card(s) from their hand and Deck." doesn't make it clear at all that they won't be banished from the extra, and this is Kevin Tewart nation. 

I'm fairly sure they will get banished from the extra deck, because there's nothing that says otherwise, and Chain Destruction's card text is totally different to Chain Disappearance.

So. 

Do they?

I'm fairly sure

This is your only source if you want to ignore OCG rulings, as it is always the case for PSCT.

ask your hj

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Chain_Disappearance

You can activate "Chain Disappearance" when a Fusion or Synchro Monster is Special Summoned. The Summoned monster will be banished, but cards with the same name from the Extra Deck are not banished. Therefore, "your opponent banishes all cards with the same name as that card(s) from their hand and Deck." is not applied. However, if the Special Summoned monster is "Neo-Spacian Marine Dolphin", since its name is also treated as "Neo-Spacian Aqua Dolphin", when "Chain Disappearance" resolves, "your opponent banishes all cards with the same name as that card(s) from their hand and Deck." is applied.[5]

no idea how valid this ruling is, but food for thought

its an ocg ruling my bad

seriously fuck the tcg

ask your hj

Okay so what does the HJ for DN say?

ask your hj

tl;dr

ask your hj

Okay so what does the HJ for DN say?

I say they're banished.

Aren't there rulings from the past in which this came up, and the ruling/consensus was that "Deck" ≠"Extra Deck", or that "Deck" always referred to the Main Deck?

Aren't there rulings from the past in which this came up, and the ruling/consensus was that "Deck" ≠"Extra Deck", or that "Deck" always referred to the Main Deck?

That is a horrible generalization and there's a ruling those rulings are from the past.

This has been brought up before. It's basically PSCT vs OCG rulings. If it gets brought up at YCS we can get a precedent for ruling it in the TCG but there's no official stance on it unless Konami makes the OCG ruling official or erratas the card.

And if you ever want what is going to be ruled on DN, just ask me on Skype.

This has been brought up before. It's basically PSCT vs OCG rulings.

fuck no

it's PSCT, and where there is no PSCT, it's your HJ's opinion

if your HJ follows OCG rulings because they're OCG rulings, he's incompetent

if your HJ rules in a similar or identical way to the OCG's rulings, w/o being influenced by those OCG rulings, he's doing his job properly

fuck no

if your HJ rules in a similar or identical way to the OCG's rulings, w/o being influenced by those OCG rulings, he's doing his job properly

Well then what about Royal Command?

fuck no

No PSCT exists. latest release: April 2011, too early for PSCT.

it's ENTIRELY about what your HJ feels, in that case

note: no good HJ will rule in a way that contradicts the text w/o making clear why he feels the text is wrong when you ask him "why is the text wrong"

How was this card ruled at Toronto?

Doesn't this card have PSCT already? (from Legendary Collection yugis world). Making it so that if they wanted it to banish extra deck cards it would have been clarified there?

Doesn't this card have PSCT already? (from Legendary Collection yugis world). Making it so that if they wanted it to banish extra deck cards it would have been clarified there?

Chain disappearance says deck - was in yugis world

Chain destruction says main deck - was in joeys world

The former is either vague or doesn't differentiate between the 2

I mean Earl literally answered his question about PSCT in the post directly above his

Hmm this would also be relevant with the card Darkfall:

"When your opponent Special Summons 2 or more face-up monsters at the same time: Send those monsters to the Graveyard, then send all monsters in the opponent's hand and Deck to the Graveyard that have the same name as the monsters sent to the Graveyard by this effect."

If you have 3 pendulums with the same name in your extra and you use this when they pendulum summon 2 of them, those 2 are sent to the extra but is the third one in the extra sent to the grave? Also with cards like Vampire Grace if you declare monster can they send a monster out of their Extra to the grave?

I think the OCG rulings indicate how the cards are supposed to work but KDE doesn't seem to like issuing rulings atm.

Chain disappearance says deck - was in yugis world

Chain destruction says main deck - was in joeys world

The former is either vague or doesn't differentiate between the 2

Ok, so that is the issue then. It seems like another case of i think it does because KONAMI is incompetent.

I am still of the opinion that if the card doesn't specifically mention a place (after PSCT), then it DOESN'T work. In yugis world, which is PSCT they could have perfectly stated extra deck if they wanted the card to work like that. They wouldn't skip something that important.

I mean Earl literally answered his question about PSCT in the post directly above his

That post is talking about royal command. Negged by accident, randomly repping 1 post.

Hmm this would also be relevant with the card Darkfall:

"When your opponent Special Summons 2 or more face-up monsters at the same time: Send those monsters to the Graveyard, then send all monsters in the opponent's hand and Deck to the Graveyard that have the same name as the monsters sent to the Graveyard by this effect."

If you have 3 pendulums with the same name in your extra and you use this when they pendulum summon 2 of them, those 2 are sent to the extra but is the third one in the extra sent to the grave? Also with cards like Vampire Grace if you declare monster can they send a monster out of their Extra to the grave?

I think the OCG rulings indicate how the cards are supposed to work but KDE doesn't seem to like issuing rulings atm.

Yeah, i hate this "i think it does" situations.

Then, according to this logic i can add a pendulum warrior from my extra deck to my hand or summoner monk special summon 1 lv4 pendulum monster from my extra deck; because cards doesn't say i can't and my extra deck is also my deck.

fuck no

No PSCT exists. latest release: April 2011, too early for PSCT.

it's ENTIRELY about what your HJ feels, in that case

note: no good HJ will rule in a way that contradicts the text w/o making clear why he feels the text is wrong when you ask him "why is the text wrong"

Since we're talking about how it's ruled on DN. It'll banish from the Extra Deck because Reaper says so. 

"Means" and other such terms are not safe to be used in such cases. There are examples of cards that indeed "mean" something that isn't included in their text and others that don't. The need to check what a card "means" is something PSCT is used to wipe out, currently not applicable on the entirety of cards.

Similar to how other non-yet-PSCT'd cards work in the TCG, Chain Disappearance is still ruled by its text (and its rulings). While that doesn't "comply" with its more recent counterpart, Chain Destruction, that doesn't mean that we will disregard the card's text completely in order to force the card to abide by what its soon-to-come PSCT will probably dictate.

It's almost certain that when Chain Disappearance is reprinted it'll share the same text with Chain Destruction. That's something that hasn't happened yet though and all we have in our hands is a non-PSCT. We follow that until Konami puts us out of our misery.

It banishes all other copies of the card from the Extra Deck.

Source

Edit: Didn't realize Tcb already posted. 

But chain disappereance has PSCT. Someone asked at adcon why (they suddenly decided that it banished extra deck monsters as well) and basically told him: because UDE said so.

LCJW foolish burial only says deck, that must mean that i can dump dante from my extra deck as well.

But chain disappereance has PSCT. Someone asked at adcon why and basically told him: because UDE said so.

The PSCT thing was regarding Royal Command. I thought the most recent version of it had PSCT but I was incorrect.