Urthor

Extra deck monsters vs Chain Disappearance

60 posts in this topic

But chain disappereance has PSCT. Someone asked at adcon why (they suddenly decided that it banished extra deck monsters as well) and basically told him: because UDE said so.

LCJW legendary collection foolish burial only says deck, that must mean that i can dump dante from my extra deck as well.

This basically being the reason I think "Deck" should be considered Synonymous with "Main Deck" in PSCT because there's a lot of crap like this that could be completely different. Especially with Pendulum Monsters being in the extra.

Just gonna foolish that Dante so I have a light for BLS since I don't run any light mainboard. Hey it says "Deck" not "Main Deck".

Those are some dupe'd keks.

Please delete.

You should be able to delete your own posts because of the custom usergroup, I think? 

That's how it worked for retired staff at least

But chain disappereance has PSCT. Someone asked at adcon why (they suddenly decided that it banished extra deck monsters as well) and basically told him: because UDE said so.

LCJW legendary collection foolish burial only says deck, that must mean that i can dump dante from my extra deck as well.

This basically being the reason I think "Deck" should be considered Synonymous with "Main Deck" in PSCT because there's a lot of crap like this that could be completely different. Especially with Pendulum Monsters being in the extra.

Just gonna foolish that Dante so I have a light for BLS since I don't run any light mainboard. Hey it says "Deck" not "Main Deck".

Yeah mathmatician dump herald of rainbow light for a floating manju.

Gale dogra, which was meant to interact with the extra, specifies extra deck.

But we have like no rulings for the card ATM. If anyone else dares to reference UDE as relevant once again, i am going to throw kittens through the window. How can people still be using that as "relevant" and disregard OCG rulings completely? They are both third party non official TCG sources so they both are equally non useful (and even then, OCG rulings are actually more modern and come from a company still RUNNING the game).

If i had to judge the card, i would literally pick LCJW chain destruction and rule it the same. It is basically the same card bar a few variations. Also, people has to understand this: Every card after GENF that interacts with extra deck has specifically said so (chain disappereance reprint is NO exception because it happened after GENF), no extra mention means it doesn't interact with it. KONAMI is truly incompetent and not having OFFICIAL online resources is idiotic, but people goes too far some times to skew the rules and logic of stuff to gain an small advantage. This truly is NO different from royal command and monarchs storm forth FIASCO where people is overreading text and interpreting what they want (deck? Hit extra deck too because it doesn't say you can't. dude, Foolish burial says deck so according to you i dump extra deck monstyers as well?... No, foolish can't throw down stuff; why? because UDE SAID SO sums the situation nicely).

I can guarantee you that KONAMI thought that not naming extra deck would be enough to make people understand how the card works but now they are going to have to put idiotical "main deck" clauses into foolish, rota, mathman, everything because these people goes too far.

Edit

Ness is right.

Royal command i went too far but MSF is actually in the same boat where people sees the things they want to see while ignoring other potentially relevant cases. It is not the same in specifics but is on the same boat of: "I think it does this".

NO different from royal command and monarchs storm forth FIASCO

These two are different from each other. Command needs a revision, and Stormforth was misinterpretated.

In fact, Disappearance does exactly what it says it does =/

Let chaos reign.

I find unbelievable the amount of drama that there needs to be to answer a fundamental question like "how does my card work? I feel the text is ambiguous".

Look at that Jackson Casanova cocksucking faggot lol, he was the one saying 'a higher HJ told me Chain D removes from Extra and UDE ruling states it does too' 

is there anything recent on this? I bring this up because a dante was banished with chain disappearance and judge at regional ruled all copies from extra deck were banished too. neither player appealed ruling

is there anything recent on this? I bring this up because a dante was banished with chain disappearance and judge at regional ruled all copies from extra deck were banished too. neither player appealed ruling

The consensus is that the Extra deck remains untouched.

In saying that though, the Judge/Head Judge can give incorrect rulings and often do so.

Cards must specifically mentioned the Extra Deck. If it just mentions the "Deck", then it's referring to the Main Deck.

On 04/04/2016 at 3:46 AM, Muntz said:

Cards must specifically mentioned the Extra Deck. If it just mentions the "Deck", then it's referring to the Main Deck.

So Daigusto Emeral or Zoodiac Combo can just shuffle monster in the Main Deck, no ? Because it mentions the "Deck" and not specifically mentions the Extra Deck

Chain destruction which has a similar effect had a new text changing "Deck" by "Main Deck", but Chain Disappearance which was reprint later after Chain Destruction keep "Deck" and didn't change it by "Main Deck", in that case it's because it's not just the Main Deck with Chain Disappearance but also the Extra Deck contrary to Chain Destruction which specifically mentions "Main Deck" now

one of the rulings announced at the beginning of YCS Atlanta was that this would banish extra deck mons

Yeah they said it was going to be ruled only for that event.

It works for monster in the Extra Deck because it's written "Deck" and not "Main Deck", end of the story :)

46 minutes ago, pourkl said:

It works for monster in the Extra Deck because it's written "Deck" and not "Main Deck", end of the story :)

What is a Foolish Burial 

1 hour ago, pourkl said:

You're an idiot. Theres is no (s), don't be smiley face next time 

2 hours ago, pourkl said:

consider this a verbal, you will be warned if you make another shitty fucking post like this

3 hours ago, turceal said:

Another reason that not a lot of people post compared to lurking is there is a barrier to posting where if the post doesn't meet the quality expected here then they get negged or shit posted to hell. If the few active people took a less agressive stance it would bring in more participation albeit at cost of quality. i'm not saying to allow pojo level garbage.

relevant

lol im sorry would you have preferred if i banned him on the spot for 7 days like i would have 3 years ago?

don't post answers to rulings questions if you don't know what you're talking about. why this even needs to be said at all is beyond my comprehension

Just now, mmf said:

lol im sorry would you have preferred if i banned him on the spot for 7 days like i would have 3 years ago?

don't post answers to rulings questions if you don't know what you're talking about. why this even needs to be said at all is beyond my comprehension

I would not have preferred it if you banned him on the spot for 7 days.

alright, glad we're all in agreement then

2 hours ago, pourkl said:

Read the rules before you post: 

12 minutes ago, Me. said:

relevant

Honestly I see what you and Turceal are getting at - when people are trying etc but still get their shit kicked in. However we can expect people to read and follow the rules but this guy breaks multiple of them (posting the wrong answer, trolling in rulings forum, obviously not having read the rules at all since this is his 2nd post, etc) so it's kind of his own fault here.