constantly_influenced

Infernoid - Discussion

Souji Seta    673

16-0 is quite the record.

I'm very interested how all of his matches went, since his build isn't significantly different from the accepted "best", he was either extremely skilled, lucky, or cheated.

Just a PSA on how the guy topped.

This is a guy that has pulled 5 Qliphort Disks from loose packs of NECH, and Valkyrus from just one pack of THSF. 

Also don't ever play Erik in 7-11 (Dice). The Gods are forever in his favor.

There's more, but it blows my mind how insane this guy is. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 8

GerardoSDR    173

isnt chicken games bad in this deck as you cant really kill your opponent while it is on the field?

iFocus    309

RIp 14th at Columbus Regional with the Bamboo version. Lost round 8 to me siding out 1 to many swords...to qli when a power tool resolving gets me to a win.

This is the same version of Bamboo as seen on DN from Endless-Waltz and Extravagant.

• Upvote 4

buckwheatloaf    203

everybody mentions to me this bamboo build and i just shrug it off. i didn't think people really used it. thats so cool you did good with it.

In general, I think people are too constrained in thinking of this deck only with Lightsworn, Card Trooper like cards that mill as Normal Summons.

That seems an awkward catch-22 to me, because you are playing the luck game of Reasoning/Gate milling a lot vs milling a little.

--------------

I was looking into engines that fit the "Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned" theme that Reasoning/Gate require, and they essentially fall into 2 categories.

1) The first is a LV 8 Trade In engine that plays LV 8s that have aforementioned clause. It's cool that LV 8 is the perfect level that let's you SS another Infernoid.

Monsters include the following:

Montage Dragon - if you guys remember the Mythic Dragon Dragon Ruler decks of old, this was the kill card. It fills a similar role in here, because you can drop 6000+ ATK and revive an Attondel for game. Reasoning and Gate mill right past it, but when drawn, it can be Trade In fodder or get you going when your hand is clogged.

Malefic Stardust Dragon - Another card that Reasoning/Gate mills right through, but is Trade In fodder, and combos nicely with Chicken Game, Psuedo Space, Terraforming engine the deck already accommodates. Chicken Game can't destroy itself when Stardust is out. And you get a Special Summon for Monster Gate, Rank 8s, etc.

There are some other LV 8s as well like Lava Golem, considering you can play Fires of Doomsday, Scapegoat to chump block, Tributes, etc.

------------

The other engine of note is Psy-Frames because you can Tribute your monsters to ensure you have no monsters on their turn, and Reasoning/Gate go through the Psy Frames, except Driver.

Omega already has proven itself in here, and the fact that Psy Frames banish themselves means they don't affect the LV 8 requirement that Infernoids have.

Given that this deck was already playing Terraforming, Chicken Game, Psuedo Space, why not consider Psy Frame Circuit?

It gives you a good secondary engine till you hit Reasoning.

montage dragon is exactly the type of card i would love to play, but i dont feel its quite good enough. its one of those cards for when you go second but you need to make the rest of your deck inconsistent to make montage dragon better, and at its best its not very good. lava golem will be more relevant for magicians and once ppl are using cyber infinity and then i might wanna use it. cyber dragons is just as good for infinity and helps a lot for kozmo too though.

if you want to play trade ins its almost more sensible to use arma and shadow mist, prisma, plasma, and thrasher and 2 raidens, and 3 rota,  or something like that. though i think the best way to be able to have draw power is with bujintei tsukuyomi first, upstart and chicken games and afd second, and solar recharge and luminas and rotas third.

raiden is so good right now in helping you make omega and as a norden target, so i think raidens and cotlb is surely the way to go. if you want to add rotas on top of this  or card troopers or needlebugs, that's up to you.

besides a psy-frame engine there is also a speedroid one, but i think that beigomax being able to make a dante for you and put three-eyed dice in your grave to block an attack is not really worth it. this is partly just because omega is so good, and you dont get to make omega nearly as much this way.

iFocus    309

im one of few who avtually plays it with extrav and endless hopefully i top louisville

Saxman7890    5

So, with the soon release of majespecters and infinity should we look towards starting to play a build with the fusion since (it seems to me atleast) we will start seeing more extra deck monsters left on board

Saxman7890    5
With so many of the top decks getting hit with the last list we are in a very good place within the meta currently and should be able to perform at a very high level in the upcoming format.
The main issue that needs to be addressed however is the awful match up we have with kozmo. Off of the top of my head I think a decent solution would be to run vanishment as non targeting removal for their big ships considering the only puts we have are devy and onuncu. This would also allow us to tech in 1 searchable void imagination for our games against the new pendulum archetypes and of coarse the inevitable infinity spam

I've been trying 3 cyber dragon core in the side, 2 chimeratech in the extra to deal with kozmo. We can usually mill it, and then SS to deal with any ships they have, and even as a reasoning target it isn't horrible if they have ships out.

ibGehring+    1409
That really just sounds like an awful way to combat kozmo. It honestly just makes your reasoning awful unless they have a ship. Even then, with all those normals you probably won't even dig deep into your deck to out that ship.

Its working for me. No question it makes your reasonings worse if they have no ships, but if they do its an automatic out unless they have effect negation. It also outs all ships they have at once. Even if they have no ships, as a level two, does not prevent you from getting out bigger noids. I haven't found a better way to deal with Kozmo in this deck. You can't even slow them down since you can't play hand traps. You need a way to play off your mills, and cyber core lets you do that.

Ling Ling    2
This is only a thought until the cards actually come out but in the new Masters of Pendulum SD there is going to be Odd-Eyes Meteorburst Dragon and Odd-Eyes Absolute Dragon which are both fairly easy to make in this deck and seem to combat the Kozmo deck pretty well as long as they don't randomly run mirror force or something

Odd-Eyes Meteorburst Dragon
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
When this card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 card in your Pendulum Zone; Special Summon it, but this card cannot attack for the rest of this turn. You can only use this effect of "Odd-Eyes Meteorburst Dragon" once per turn. Monsters in your opponent's possession cannot activate their effects during the Battle Phase.

Odd-Eyes Absolute Dragon
2 Level 7 monsters
When any player's monster declares an attack: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; negate the attack, then you can Special Summon 1 "Odd-Eyes" monster from your hand or Graveyard. If this Xyz Summoned card is sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 "Odd-Eyes" monster from your Extra Deck, except "Odd-Eyes Absolute Dragon". You can only use each effect of "Odd-Eyes Absolute Dragon" once per turn.

muzzy    92
I was thinking if you can make a board of Psy Framelord and Devyaty in Defense when they use Farmgirls effect you can try snipe the ship from hand with Omega and they cannot activate Dark Destroyer while Devyaty is on board

iFocus    309

I'm playing a extra deck control version.

instant fusions for auto dwellers/sync8s 

only 6 normals. u want them to be tuners. 

2 attondel 3 steis. can't get atton in maje match cant kill things normally in kozmo, im play 37 cards but maybe might toss in 3 monsters again as im at a total of 20/18/2 as monster spell trap ratio

Soul    7947

I'm playing a extra deck control version.

instant fusions for auto dwellers/sync8s 

only 6 normals. u want them to be tuners. 

2 attondel 3 steis. can't get atton in maje match cant kill things normally in kozmo, im play 37 cards but maybe might toss in 3 monsters again as im at a total of 20/18/2 as monster spell trap ratio

i have been tinkering with something extremely similar although i have toyed around with a copy of lumina as an extra level for reasoning and to pitch noids for raiden which gives you access to michael and some other generally good synchros. only thing was drawing lumina 1st turn is just the worst. being able to go into minerva via instant puts this deck over the top. i guess its a good thing generally no one has access to the card irl.

only thing that concerns me is your monster count. ive been playing 25 monsters and still have quite a bit of trouble getting what i need in the gy. i cant rly see 20 monsters being optimal (not even factoring in non-noid monsters which do nothing in the gy) when u r trying to get a bunch of noids in the gy early game. 

ive also found attondel to be pretty subpar in my testing. 

iFocus    309

ill like post a picture and explain sunday. but its really the only way to look at noids right now imo.

omega is the bae. instant fusion is gay. words to live by.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Blacklisted    1330

How does this deck beat majespecterts. If you ignore the games where you mill like 20 off reasoning, you have like a 20% win rate vs them

iFocus    309

Not true at all. Tyree just played my deck at a Case Tourney and got top 4. Granted it wasn't like 70 or so people the build is very consistent on doing what it wants to do. That is Omega/Devy Omega/Onu/ Omega Omega etc.

http://imgur.com/ZIuuFLT

-6 Tuners.

the 3 Deca 3 Raiden. You want the normal to be either of these because the turn one you usually want to start with an Omega.

-1 of each Big.

1 Devy and 1 Onu. Keeping the monster count down you do summon these alot more, but Omega can keep just get these right back if you really need them.

-2 Attondel3Steis.

Format has changed and Attondel is no longer the dude to clear through and get in damage. Usually the best he does is crash with Omegas. he can't kill Dark Destroyers or even Ignisters so cutting him to 2 is fine because you only summon him in the few matchups of Tella, Ba, and Mirror. Steis shines in the Majespecter matchup if they don't have enough Tempest and removal for him. 

-3 of the Small Ones.1Antra

Antra literally is for the BA matchup and to bounce random things you never know could exist. Don't forget Omega in grave can return an Antra for Deca if need be to make it level 3. You need the others to just make the Omega t1 easier. and because they are the better ones.

The spell lineup is 3 Upstart, 3 Instant Fusion, 2 Charge of the Light Brigade, 3 Reasoning, 1 Monster Gate, 2 Void Seer, 1 Soul Charge, 2 Cyclone, 1 Burial.

2 Cyclone might be 2 much, but outing scales in the Majespecter Pepe matchup is pretty strong as well as hitting the drains and emptiness's. 

Instant Fusion equals, Auto Dwellers vs Ba and Kozmo

Instant Fusion equals Omega, Omega, Omega, Omega

Instant Fusion equals whatever it needs to be to win. That is why it's amazing.

Soul Charge does something Rekindling or One For One can't do. Special summon from grave other cards besides Deca. Seriously like Instant Fusion for Norden and the make Omega 1 and then Soul Charge for Omega 2 is legit. 

2 Breakthrough. Could be Stormings or whatever but BTS is just generic good vs many things. 

Side:15

3 Decree

3 Great Horn

1 Soul Drain

3 Mistaken Arrest

3 Space Typhoon

1 Lyla

1 Quarantine

1.Quarantine for the PsyFrame Decks, Kozmo as well. It's like a meh dweller that makes me not have to constantly waste Devy tributes as well as making Etele dead.

2.Arrest can't be out'd by MST and still can be sided for new Blue and the obvious Fake Pepe decks.

3.Great Horn is great vs the Pen decks and even more amazing in the mirror because when they summon Patrulea or something to bait out backrow or monsters with Harma they lose that mp1 and then your field isn't threaten'd and they must go to mp2 if they want to attempt to combat the field.

Extra Deck:15

2 Norden

1 Ancient Sacred

1 Rose

1 Chaos King

1 Scrap Archfiend

1 Stardust

2 Omega

1 Scarlight Red

1 Dweller

1 Castel

1 Pearl

1 Big Eye

1 Alsei

Extra deck is almost self explanatory.

Alsei can call Instant Fusion Reasoning Charge just anything and bounce anything. Also it's 32 def is great as a wall for the Dark Destroyer.

Stardust is like just a way to protect the retard fields. It could become something else but since no Felgrand and this is easier to make as well as a recurring monster it's hard to simply beat sometimes.

Chaos King Archfiend is a cool OTK card for the mirror like Ancient Sacred type otk. It also flips the Dark Destroyer's attack to 1800 so that way your dweller field can get in there. A second antra is probably needed to make this card easier to make but since it's only a  1 card out to DD then 1 antra seems fine since you can just make a Scarlight and Dweller and end the field that way as well.

I decided to type it out since a picture seems to not wanna load with it.

• Upvote 4

buckwheatloaf    203

i feel like ur deck gets a lot right but im wondering how come you didn't use rotas and thrasher instead of upstarts. there are so many advantages to that. i know its beside the point now but its strange to me how come you didn't use them if you valued omega and IF so much.

for this format is omega version still the best? im not sure since it lost its consistency with the rota limit.

my list for the ycs was like urs except no upstarts or bts and 3 econ and rota and only 2x raiden with a thrasher and prisma for my warriors.

iFocus    309

no real way to respond I just wanted the other cards faster and rota thrasher don't do that. I guess rota is actually right but thrasher i care less about him. Lumina seems like a cool tech me and tyree are on but we'd need a 3rd spot for this last upstart and really id like it to be a mained rota target for kozmos but i doubt 1 exist.

buckwheatloaf    203

now that rota is limited i think its fine what you have. im just not sure about upstarts since they give lifepoints and they're not like a power card. i feel like ur spells without grave effects should be super useful since they're not good mills.  d.d. warrior lady woulda bee an okay target for kozmo. i just mained the prisma and sided the cyber dragon.

also what do you think about hi-speedroid chanbara? it makes you be able to use IF when you just have decatron in grave and its good for damage.

┬╗victor    6399

I think this is one of the best decks moving forward.

Beyond the ability to play cards like Magical Spring for Pot of Greed vs Pendulum decks, and being the only deck that can play Typhoon, there are several other strengths against the meta.

--------------

One of the things you'll notice in looking at OCG decklists is that they do a lot more with Void Imagination than TCG decks do.

Obviously, one reason is because the OCG has Elder Entity N'tss so they can pop 3 cards when Tierra comes out.

The other interesting thing you see, is they play the Crime and Punishment combo. So if the opponent leaves a field of monsters out, they go with this for game, e.g. we can use this against Kozmos.

There is also Lion Heart, if you don't have 2 Extra slots. The idea is to use Galaxy Cylone or Patrulea to pop Imagination.

-----------

There is also Phantom Knights of Shadow Veil, so the deck has defense, gets milled with Reasoning, and you get a ATK to beat over 3000 ATK.

And if they do play Imperial Iron Wall, you get a soft lock of shields.

-----------

Last but not least, there is Red Sprinter, to combo with Dekatron.

• Upvote 2

buckwheatloaf    203

magical spring is awesome, but how are we the only deck that can use typhoon. typhoon isn't really good yet until dracolasyer is searchable next set and then it gets good i think. the ocg is like 3 typhoons in every deck between main and side now, but before bosh it wasn't really used. typhoon has always been good purely for drawing when you go second against pend decks (qlis). outside of that its a twister at best. there isn't nearly as much value to being able to use it from your hand after turn 1 because then it might as well have been a twister which you set. its also decent for fragrance but thats not really our weakness.

i wanted to maybe try infernoids with  terraforming  / chicken game / gates of dark world like one arg list used because then i can just side zombie world for the majespecter decks, which is like denko sekka against them. i bet the 300 attack from gates can be really helpful against kozmo since it makes attondel 3100 and seit 2900 and it also gets you a draw not to mention it is searched from afd. but im not sure if i will try it or not.

terrortop is better now that dante is a good t1 play and three-eyed dice protects you from farmgirl. kozmo with reasoning, eteles, and offerings to the doomed seems pretty insane and you need to have some defense to not get otked from that type of build.

• Upvote 1

buckwheatloaf    203

other ppl have noticed this but there is a weird synergy between kozmo and infernoids because the field spell can be destroyed by cylcone / patrula / devy and dark destroyer is a good card to get off reasoning.