Noelle

Updated Suspended Players List

mark    3105
14 minutes ago, dennis frogman said:

he is talking about "Alessandro di something" (i dont know why he called him gerry) who went the fuck off in some facebook post after getting a "sponsorship" and immediately lost said sponsorship and now additionally the ability to play in tournaments at all

someone called him a giraffe so he said he would rape everyone or something

rape as in actual rape, or rape as in 'I will duel vs you guys and draw better than yall'? 

Mr Dragon    310

Basically a woman called him a giraffe and he started saying he would rape and kill her. I'm no big user of the phrase 'triggered' but that's the only word I could use to describe his reaction to being likened to a giraffe. 

• Upvote 2

mark    3105

That's pretty messed up.. 

»Noelle    5845

he called him gerry cus gerry--90 was his dn name

edit: my b ninjad by dragon guy sorta, didnt see new page

Ostaph    73

If the rape thread actually happened he is treated mildly with 3 years. What a caveman...

Me.    59
2 hours ago, Ostaph said:

If the rape thread actually happened he is treated mildly with 3 years. What a caveman...

From what I heard, the girl was going after him for several days and was repeatedly told to stop before he finally snapped. Which doesn't make a rape threat less serious, but I think just saying "he was called a giraffe so he got triggered" is an unfair version of the story that doesn't accurately describe his full reaction and makes him look way worse than reality. Or maybe my source is just wrong, but I don't think so.

»ACP    33401

So which Konami policy did this guy break by making threats online? Given that this happened online, how do they verify the person's identity? If I hate a Yugioh player, can I just make a fake facebook account for them, start threatening people, screenshot it, send it to Konami, and get them banned?

• Upvote 2

»Tygo    14112

I'd love to see those screenshots.

Me.    59
1 hour ago, ACP said:

So which Konami policy did this guy break by making threats online? Given that this happened online, how do they verify the person's identity? If I hate a Yugioh player, can I just make a fake facebook account for them, start threatening people, screenshot it, send it to Konami, and get them banned?

Do we even have confirmation that the reason for his ban was what happened on facebook?

+rap tap    20151

not a lot of room for ambiguity on that one

• Upvote 1

+mmf    23481

what is that guy so mad abt

»ACP    33401

Someone give me the name of a yugioh player that needs to get banned, some photographs of him, and I'm going to start harassing people on facebook under his name just to prove a point here.

• Upvote 4

Me.    59

someone seriously needs to do that, I just can't think of someone that needs to get banned right now.

+Gojira    1706
1 hour ago, ACP said:

Someone give me the name of a yugioh player that needs to get banned, some photographs of him, and I'm going to start harassing people on facebook under his name just to prove a point here.

FYI that's a crime in some states

»ACP    33401

I find it hard to believe that pretending to be someone on the internet that I'm not is a crime. If that's the case, wouldn't virtually every celebrity parody page and similar be illegal?

+Gojira    1706
6 minutes ago, ACP said:

I find it hard to believe that pretending to be someone on the internet that I'm not is a crime. If that's the case, wouldn't virtually every celebrity parody page and similar be illegal?

Depends on the intent. Parody and satire are not crimes. Intending to harm someone or their professional image can be a crime, and some states are less specific in the requirements.

»ACP    33401

Well I misspoke. You're right that if I threatened to kill someone, or similar types of harassment, that is illegal. But hypothetically, if I impersonated someone on the internet, and used this account to (as an example) call Julia Hedberg a moron, that should be not illegal.

+Gojira    1706
2 minutes ago, ACP said:

Well I misspoke. You're right that if I threatened to kill someone, or similar types of harassment, that is illegal. But hypothetically, if I impersonated someone on the internet, and used this account to (as an example) call Julia Hedberg a moron, that should be not illegal.

That example would not be illegal, but it's also not "harassing people". If you start saying you'll rape people using his name or something, that's probably a crime.

»ACP    33401

Well someone did once get banned for calling Julia Hedberg a bitch on facebook.

There's surely a way to make my point here (that Konami's implied policy on online behavior is incredibly problematic) without ending up in jail.

mark    3105

In the netherlands you can get 5 years jail for that, not sure about other countries but I wouldn't mess with that stuff tbh 

+rei+    34506

whats an identity theft

»Tygo    14112
3 hours ago, mark said:

In the netherlands you can get 5 years jail for that, not sure about other countries but I wouldn't mess with that stuff tbh 

You mean to tell me that south park is real?

• Upvote 4

»ACP    33401

Literally not even illegal. Fuck Konami, free Billy, etc.

• Upvote 2