Noelle

Updated Suspended Players List

Mr Dragon    296
11 minutes ago, ACP said:

Literally not even illegal. Fuck Konami, free Billy, etc.

To be fair to Konami, it is actually illegal. Since they played the game out first it comes under changing the result of the match after its conclusion.

IV B. Reporting the Match Result

Players are responsible to accurately report the result of their Match.

The outcome of a Match cannot be changed once the Match has concluded.

The Match Result Slip cannot be altered once it has been submitted.

Examples:
During Game 3 of a Match, Player A deals enough damage to bring his opponent’s Life Points to 0. The Match has officially ended, with Player A as the winner. Even though the Match Result Slip has not been signed yet, Player A is no longer allowed to concede to his opponent as the Match already has an official result.

»ACP    33376

So they played it out first and THEN someone conceded? Yeah in that case they're just retarded.

Mascis    4424

The smartest ygo players still the dumbest humans 

• Upvote 2

+Urthor    10167

What's surprising is this is actually a 6 month ban though.  I feel like if this was random joe off the street it would be 1-2 years, but since it's Jackie and Billy they're being nice.

»ACP    33376
38 minutes ago, Urthor said:

What's surprising is this is actually a 6 month ban though.  I feel like if this was random joe off the street it would be 1-2 years, but since it's Jackie and Billy they're being nice.

Tbh I feel the opposite. If it was a random Joe, I think that he wouldn't have gotten banned at all. Realize that most people who get disqualified from sanctioned events do not end up getting banned. At YCS Atlanta 2012, I had an opponent who was DQed for illegally activating an Inzektor effect to bait out my Fiendish Chain. He wasn't banned. At a regional that I head judged in 2011, I DQed a player for palming sidedeck cards to the top of his deck when his opponent wasn't looking. He wasn't banned. At locals, there have been numerous instances where we have DQed people from sanctioned tournaments for cheating, submit the paperwork to Konami and they are never banned. Given that the actual offense here wasn't that bad (had they just not played a match before hand, it would've been entirely legal to concede) I think a ban here is over the top, and Konami is just taking an opportunity to make an example out of a well-known player.

+rei+    34403

if it was a random joe they wouldn't have youtube viewers

+Urthor    10167
2 hours ago, ACP said:

At a regional that I head judged in 2011, I DQed a player for palming sidedeck cards to the top of his deck when his opponent wasn't looking. He wasn't banned. At locals, there have been numerous instances where we have DQed people from sanctioned tournaments for cheating, submit the paperwork to Konami and they are never banned

what the fuck

»ACP    33376

Slashtap was banned too?

+mmf    23361

he just got unbanned, he got like 2 years for being in a picture with some dudes buttcrack at a ycs

turceal    28

I find the most ironic thing about Billy being banned is that i overheard the KoA rep literally say that the motivation behind creating the worlds points was to get Billy to worlds...

• Upvote 3

On 6/20/2017 at 0:58 PM, ACP said:

So they played it out first and THEN someone conceded? Yeah in that case they're just retarded.

actually they're not retarded, konami is just very vague on their definition of "match ending" is, and got billy on a technicality.

if you compare the yugioh rules and magic rules, its clear that konami basically c/p'd magic's rules about not being able to alter match results once the match has concluded.

the only difference is that magic defines match conclusion as signing the slip/leaving the table, whereas yugioh doesn't define it at all

i'd pm this to billy to see if it could help his case but he didn't accept my friend req

EDIT nevermind, yugioh policy in another area defines match conclusion as lp hitting 0. so if billy was playing magic he wouldnt be banned

firefox_2017-06-22_19-30-07.png

Edited by Turbo Duelist Cromat

+mmf    23361

they filed a joint appeal lmao

• Upvote 3

»ACP    33376

I think this literally might be the only time in history that a ban appeal has ever worked. Congrats to Billy on putting Konami in their fucking place.

• Upvote 2