Original_Pwnage

New Goat Format War League

406 posts in this topic

I'm up for playing any 2-0's.  I'm usually on after 6PM EST on weekdays.  And I'm on around 4-5pm EST on weekends.

any 1-0's pls..... there's like 5 of us, and I'm just trying to get into a different bracket so i can play more. 

Today was the last day of the round, but like I said gonna give the 1-0's and 0-1's more time.  I am going to drop LILB"THEBASEDGOD" though, no one has heard from him since tourney started.  Get these games done guys, if we can't get the games done with an open structure (which is terrible that have to do this way) than there really is no point in having a tourney.  Since jazzDgz was originally paired with LILB, and dropping him would put the 0-1's at an odd number of people, I gave jazz the win.  Jazz, you are now in the 1-1 bracket.

I'll have time tomorrow morning to play!!!! Sorry got crazy busy

themadgician47 has been getting on pretty much every evening trying to get his game done if someone can work out time to play him.

Grudge match. Bring it

I'll have time tomorrow morning to play!!!! Sorry got crazy busy

iddeha is on now if you get on this morning.

lost 2-1 to sanada 

g1 6 monsters 

g2, decent and he had to use two cards to get rid of a monster

g3: I literally need every card and he duos and hits snatch and I had to discard torrential over my one monster, I set judgment and shoot hoping to god he DTS the judgment, hits shoot , I have to solemn a zaborg that I don't want too. I have heavy, gorrilla, gorilla, and he has one set, I want to heavy it, but if it's a goat I am ded. 

next turn he morphs his serpent :( I am tight.

I have to storm the 2000 TER. 

I draw 8 cards off of his ter, 6 were monsters ( 1 was rota, which is  a monster technically), 1 was greed that gave me premat and another monster 

GGS I sat there hoping to stall out your TER BLS then remember you duo'd my snatch turn 1, Don't know why you were worried :P

Just curious why you didn't just banish TER  years ago, like I had the one Force set, but you can just sit on BLS in DEF and I have to mirror the first guy you summon ( believe breaker was already up actually). 

I had 1 out in my deck, to draw Return before you drew ring, why i kept setting monsters to build up a banished zone :(

GGS MAN g3 was laughably hilarious how much my deck dislikes me GL 

lol yeah, my TER was definitely working against me in G3

ggs

So the issue of balter being optional vs mandatory came up in a game earlier today.  We know balter is optional but the official rulings don't really say either way.

Other than if you read the section about opponent playing swords of revealing light, it says if opponent plays swords, and you active balter's effect... implying its optional.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Dark_Balter_the_Terrible

Also here is a metagame article where in a feature match destiny draw is played (paragraph 5) while the person controls balter (so it is optional).

http://kperovic.com/metagame/yugiohb42d.html?tabid=33&ArticleId=8705

I just wanted to clear this up for people thinking this is a mandatory effect.

So the issue of balter being optional vs mandatory came up in a game earlier today.  We know balter is optional but the official rulings don't really say either way.

Other than if you read the section about opponent playing swords of revealing light, it says if opponent plays swords, and you active balter's effect... implying its optional.

Also here is a metagame article where in a feature match destiny draw is played (paragraph 5) while the person controls balter (so it is optional).

To clarify further, back then (even today? idk) there was a rule where all effects with costs were optional. Not sure what else this matters for, but I remember this being the case for King of Skull Servants. 

To clarify further, back then (even today? idk) there was a rule where all effects with costs were optional. Not sure what else this matters for, but I remember this being the case for King of Skull Servants. 

Back then that was the case, today there are some exceptions.

http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=1164188

Still 5 games left in round 2 portion.  There are so few of you left you probably need to pm each other on here and arrange a time to play....

I think you should have stuck with the pairings. It's kind of a mess now imo

I think you should have stuck with the pairings. It's kind of a mess now imo

I probably should have done just a one day tourney for those who could get on.  I was hoping it would go faster this way, and some people were just not gonna get games done with pairings cause of time zones or w/e.  It wasn't cause they were never on, just never same time as opponent, and I don't think we should be taking over a week to do a single round, or giving out losses when both players were being active.  Part of the reason for this was the other Sunday I was on DN most of the day and saw that 9 matches could have been played (but 0 were) due to opponents being on DN as little as 15 minutes apart.

Twilightbigge and iddeha are playing now, so Animal479 and sengokusnake are the only 1-0's left and have to play each other.

ggs Scorp. 

BLS too stronk.

DN: Animal479 DGZ: Animal

DN: sengokusnake DGZ: ropesnake

You guys are only 1-0's left so have to play each other.  PM each other on here so can arrange a game and get to next round, don't think you guys ever get on at same time so easier to just schedule it.