Sign in to follow this  
Urthor

Archiving Inactive Teams

+Urthor    10221

In short, 30 days from now, I'll be archiving any war team that hasn't finished a war in the last 30 days, and deleting their usergroup.  

Whilst mulling over the best way to handle inactive teams, we came to the conclusion that a uniform policy might be better than just archiving teams on a case by case basis, and this seems like the best way to handle it.  Some teams are going to be archived post haste though, but for the vast majority, the clock is ticking.  

Play games gais.  

• Upvote 2

+Urthor    10221

Cutting the war section to 3-5 teams that isn't even a bad thing.  Honestly this is just 99% about giving Most Wanted and Essex a heads up.  

»Sidereal    4064

that's actually an awful thing because it's just as good as being dead. if anything has been learned in the past year it should be that this place only thrives when there's competition and the more the perceived competition is lacking, the less people are going to give a shit at all

warring has always been about everybody making it what it is and with no incentives it's just gonna linger and die. instead of waiting around for people to care, make them care

• Upvote 6

+Urthor    10221

D-Day is here.  

All usergroups have been nuked and most team threads archived.   

WTFisthis    0

WTF has happened to this section?!??! WHERE'S THE BRADY BUNCH? Damnn.. 

It's A`C, btw. I couldn't remember my pass; been a long time.. yes, I'm alive

Very sad what I'm seeing though.

+Urthor    10221

well if you want the tl;dr of the 2-3 years that have passed since you left warring, basically warring shut down entirely for a significant period, and nobody warred period, and despite repeated attempts to restart it it hasn't really happened.  

Ya it's sad.  

• Upvote 1

+ACP+    33975

All I know is that after I stopped running it warring, it died. However, it may be completely unrelated. I also subscribe to the "ygo warring sucks when ygo sucks" theory, and ygo definitely has sucked a lot recently.

Welcome back A`C. Wanna play MTG?

• Upvote 1

+ACP+    33975

I only do that to people I know or people that have played MTG before. It's pretty hard to convince a random who has never picked up a land in his life to drop YGO for MTG. Network externalities and stuff.

WTFisthis    0

Why did they leave? I guess I'm missing something that happened and was very important. Did they quit ygo or something? Anyway, shame can't even remember the bunch's aim group to join in to see how everyone's doing. Is that even still going on?

I was just considering picking up YGO again but allen just scared me away in a way. The game was already pretty bad before. I heard there's something called Hearthstone which is apparently pretty good. 

»Sharpman    4867

drama etc. a lot to get into really

no, the aim chat doesn't exist anymore (at least that I'm aware of). I mean, YGO isn't really that different from what it was a couple years ago it is certainly better than March 2012 lol.

• Upvote 2

WTFisthis    0

Fair enough. I mean, I'm strongly considering to come back somewhere near Nats and WCQ but a lot of time till then. I'll see about now.

Can actually some admin (Allen?) change my pass on AC  and pm me on this account so I can take over it. lol I wanna stick around. 

+Urthor    10221

Fair enough. I mean, I'm strongly considering to come back somewhere near Nats and WCQ but a lot of time till then. I'll see about now.

Can actually some admin (Allen?) change my pass on AC  and pm me on this account so I can take over it. lol I wanna stick around. 

I changed the password for A`C to be the same as your login name, 8 letters

Better hurry b4 someone hacks you

Sign in to follow this