Fullerene60    404

Regarding uncertainty on whether your opp will bring in village or not I believe that great sorceror is the best pick.
You can gain decent advantage with it in the mirror if you notice they are not playing village.

Valk+spell+shurit will turn into 4400 damage, 2 fresh cards another valk/unicore/gugnir and a spell.
Its always been a winmore pick but now it actually serves some insurance that you wont get blown out by village.

oliver?    689

Regarding uncertainty on whether your opp will bring in village or not I believe that great sorceror is the best pick.
You can gain decent advantage with it in the mirror if you notice they are not playing village.

Valk+spell+shurit will turn into 4400 damage, 2 fresh cards another valk/unicore/gugnir and a spell.
Its always been a winmore pick but now it actually serves some insurance that you wont get blown out by village.

side slots are valuable though and dance/zefra do other things in other matchups

wrinklywinkie    580

idk if this has been mentioned yet but one card that is pretty good for the mirror is Deck Lockdown (shout out to kyou). you just do your shit, play it, then they get locked out for 2 turns, and then if they havent died by then deck lockdown kills itself in time for you to be able to play naturally again and hopefully just win at that point

• Upvote 2

Jujuuu.    37

What route you think players are going to take with the deck this ARG coming up today? (I might be misinformed) The Shaddoll build handles floodgates better with a weaker mirror and using the more pure builds (monster out + BoE, raigeki, and BoM) is better in the mirror yet weak against floodgates. the challenge with building this deck currently is to find an equilibrium of the two and have a good way to handle the mirror and floodgates without the risk of bricking, though some players ignore the idea of bricking.

silvergunns    2
I think with the concept of multi destruction and anti spell coming out - it sounds more appealing to run shaddoll neks with anti spell - not able to activate mirror force or anything like that will make playing valk more of a game changer

!Shining Bind!    220

I think with the concept of multi destruction and anti spell coming out - it sounds more appealing to run shaddoll neks with anti spell - not able to activate mirror force or anything like that will make playing valk more of a game changer

Nobody's really playing Mirror Force right now though, even before Anti-Magic Arrows came out

GerardoSDR    175

aaaaand galileo goes to worlds for the third time... meanwhile I accidentally dropped in top 64 u_u anyways, he was using solemn scolding in his deck so that card might become more prevalent again

GerardoSDR    175

I'll look out for that and How the hell did you drop accidentally?

after i finished the last round of swiss i was waiting in front of scorekeeper as it was suposed they were going to anounce who made it to the top there, however the round wasnt over and the judges asked me leave that area, so i went out as I was asked to, outside i was asking the judges if they had already anounced the top and they told me no, i repeated that for like 5 times for the next 20 minutes asking diferent judges, and then i looked inside the area where we played the rounds and saw a big crowd, i ran over there and aparently the top had already started but it was too late (13 minutes late to be exact) and they gaved me the match loss, I tried to appeal with the head judge since it wasnt my fault (and a friend who was also dropped because of this tried to appeal too) but the head judge said there was nothing I could do and simply handed me my top cut mat :/ literally the worst way to lose in top

Blacklisted    1334

Got nobody to blame but yaself. I just crowd around the place they normally put standings

• Upvote 1

baller    402
Wow, that sucks to hear. But yeah, going to worlds again, and as per usual, my thanks to dgz for providing some reading material to help compensate lack of testing!
  • Upvote 6

TJ Kinsley    226

Wow, that sucks to hear. But yeah, going to worlds again, and as per usual, my thanks to dgz for providing some reading material to help compensate lack of testing!

16-0 :)

G Λ r Ω N    6014

after i finished the last round of swiss i was waiting in front of scorekeeper as it was suposed they were going to anounce who made it to the top there, however the round wasnt over and the judges asked me leave that area, so i went out as I was asked to, outside i was asking the judges if they had already anounced the top and they told me no, i repeated that for like 5 times for the next 20 minutes asking diferent judges, and then i looked inside the area where we played the rounds and saw a big crowd, i ran over there and aparently the top had already started but it was too late (13 minutes late to be exact) and they gaved me the match loss, I tried to appeal with the head judge since it wasnt my fault (and a friend who was also dropped because of this tried to appeal too) but the head judge said there was nothing I could do and simply handled me my top cut mat :/ literally the worst way to lose in top

This was one of the greatest things I've ever read lol.
  • Upvote 2

+Urthor    10239

As an aside, GeradoSR has probably been one of the best posters in deck discussion all year.  

• Upvote 1

baller    402

Had a good benchmark ;)
  • Upvote 1

GerardoSDR    175

after i finished the last round of swiss i was waiting in front of scorekeeper as it was suposed they were going to anounce who made it to the top there, however the round wasnt over and the judges asked me leave that area, so i went out as I was asked to, outside i was asking the judges if they had already anounced the top and they told me no, i repeated that for like 5 times for the next 20 minutes asking diferent judges, and then i looked inside the area where we played the rounds and saw a big crowd, i ran over there and aparently the top had already started but it was too late (13 minutes late to be exact) and they gaved me the match loss, I tried to appeal with the head judge since it wasnt my fault (and a friend who was also dropped because of this tried to appeal too) but the head judge said there was nothing I could do and simply handled me my top cut mat :/ literally the worst way to lose in top

This was one of the greatest things I've ever read lol.

I supose it can be funny to read that but I almost wanted to die x_x after beating the crap out of all the mirror matches without any big problems it was really disapointing not being able to compete in the top, guess I'll have to try again next year

Warthog    165
Interesting to see Scolding build go undefeated and congratulations man. Only reasoning I don't understand is Decisive Armor, minus hitting random otks and having a big ass and something to attack over valk. Still, great results baller.

Sanjura    6725
nothing is running over a 3300 nuking backrow motherfucker.that and it baits backrow so you can drop trish safely