Interesting to see Scolding build go undefeated and congratulations man. Only reasoning I don't understand is Decisive Armor, minus hitting random otks and having a big ass and something to attack over valk. Still, great results baller.

Personally why I use it is because in Tcg Latin America we can't use JUMP cards like Zubaba so towers is possibly auto lose for us, still don't know Galy's reasoning behind the choice though.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

»TS Fearless    7185
He probably just wanted a deck that beat rogue and just Djinn'd the mirror and hoped. 3 MST 3 Scolding with stuff like Gungnir and DA makes for a pretty strong rogue matchup and Djinn can win the mirror on it's own. If you drew Scolding with it then great.

What are people's thoughts on playing 2 Abyss Dweller for nationals? For me in the BA matchup I find that access to a second dweller is pretty devastating. I also feel as though there is room to play it. Also is everyone here still playing Diamond/Ptolemaeus? It feels like dolls aren't that big of a threat anymore, and in testing I've needed 2nd dweller a lot more than I've needed Diamond

Warthog    165
Well Diamond I will bring out against BA too, I feel Dweller and Diamond compensate each other well enough and Virgil or Dante can't simply run it over like they can with Dweller. I would definitely keep it in because you never know when you will see a resurgence of Shaddoll especially if people feel there will be BA played.

I've tried playing double of just about any generic xyz monster and I would rather fill that slot with a niche slot like gorgon for when you need to play around certain cards.

What exactly does diamond solve in the BA matchup that dweller doesn't? In testing I've found that every time I end with a dweller I'm also ending with a valk in hand as protection. Being able to make dweller in main 1 is Important as well, as you can attack over what ever the problem is.

oliver?    689

i find it strange that gali decided to side mistake when he mained scolding, and is essentially inviting his opponent to keep in their MSTs after game 1

• Upvote 3

Warthog    165
Russty, it is more on the lines of I am not giving up Diamonds spot for an extra Dweller just to concede that I may not play against Shaddoll. The fact Diamond is still good as a back up against BA just makes me feel confident to keep to keep it in. The fact is the Nekroz monsters themselves are very good against the archetype makes me question over adjusting the extra to accommodate a second Dweller.

oliver, I agree to an extent but it is one those cards that if they have the MST, they had it. The opponent still has to get over a Djinn lock after beating Scolding with MST and they will need a second MST to hit Mistake.

G Λ r Ω N    6014

What exactly does diamond solve in the BA matchup that dweller doesn't? In testing I've found that every time I end with a dweller I'm also ending with a valk in hand as protection. Being able to make dweller in main 1 is Important as well, as you can attack over what ever the problem is.

You kinda made the case for Diamond in this post? Diamond is good solo, Dweller needs other cards to get the most out of.

Sorry don't mean to go off topic but I was wondering if anyone wanted to mirror match. I'll be at Nats this weekend and would like some practice from people other than my friends.

Luka Soskic    34
After Nats since it doesn't matter just started testing fiend griefing in this deck and the card is busted you can shuffle back shurits to interact and using farfa to banish valks or djinned monsters and other monsters is broken since you can just trish them next turn. Also sending djinn comes up sometimes
  • Upvote 1

Warthog    165
Not sure about Guide, as the deck has plenty of normal summons and tbh what is worth summoning besides a Dante? Problem is finding good fiends and besides Djinn monsters there arent many. The interaction is still neat though. Cool thing with Nekroz, as long as you have core shit in there and answers to the lock, you can find room for other cards like this. Djinn is so damn centralizing it wasn't optimal to mess around with stuff like that starring down a lock.

Blacklisted    1334

I like how everyone basically called Oliver a spastic for not running Djinn, but after NA's it seemed to be unquestioned.

Warthog    165
Talking about list from euros? I find it interesting but to be fair the guys win condition was playing the mirror and having them fall into Lancea with Valk on board from what I read. Dude played 9 mirrors and won most. Lancea was a win condition for him and by chance played mostly mirrors that day and it paid off.

They still sided Djinn though so it wasn't like it wasnt warranted at all, just wanted to make bad cards dead like Eclipse and Raigeki.

You could make arguments for both spectrums though and there is no right answer but he would have had a more compelling one if he got an invite.

»TS Fearless    7185

I like how everyone basically called Oliver a spastic for not running Djinn, but after NA's it seemed to be unquestioned.

Is this a serious post lol

FVFRYTHFNG    345

Talking about list from euros? I find it interesting but to be fair the guys win condition was playing the mirror and having them fall into Lancea with Valk on board from what I read. Dude played 9 mirrors and won most. Lancea was a win condition for him and by chance played mostly mirrors that day and it paid off.

They still sided Djinn though so it wasn't like it wasnt warranted at all, just wanted to make bad cards dead like Eclipse and Raigeki.

You could make arguments for both spectrums though and there is no right answer but he would have had a more compelling one if he got an invite.

No he's talking about Oliver, who does have an invite on account of winning Oceanics

oliver?    689

michel and joshua didn't run it either, and presumably the other ccg guys (didn't watch their deck profiles) who played the same list. though i wouldn't say it's unquestioned, it's the kind of thing that would probably still count as a meta call, correct in some tournaments and incorrect in others, but the format is over now so w/e

i don't feel like people hated on me for not running it though, the fact that i made like 10 million posts about it is testament to the fact that people were interested in the theory behind it rather than just flaming/negging etc. it was definitely worth discussing, being one of the defining cards of the format and of the most important matchup in the format (the mirror match). articulating my thoughts into posts helped me personally understand the mirror match better than i already did and hopefully (whether you run djinn or not) those posts helped other people with the mirror match also

McGinty    290
That type of shit doesn't fly in America. We play dirty.

Squiddy    9278

^ dirty as in stealing? i literally saw a post the other day on fb about how u scammed some guy for his entire shaddoll deck smh. dude sent u the deck for ulti veilers and maxx c's and in return u sent him some random ass commens and shitty hidden arsenal holos... what the actual fuck dude???

McGinty    290
No as in, not letting the other person play.

+Urthor    10238

Clearly that post makes a heap of actual sense and you should be allowed to continue to make those kinds of post with such in depth theory on this site on a regular basis.  Thanks for contributing, I hope you drink yourself on your way home sleep tonight and fall of a bridge.