»Pengwan    7881

^ dirty as in stealing? i literally saw a post the other day on fb about how u scammed some guy for his entire shaddoll deck smh. dude sent u the deck for ulti veilers and maxx c's and in return u sent him some random ass commens and shitty hidden arsenal holos... what the actual fuck dude???

He's already been banned from here before for ripping so its not like its anything new everyone knows the guy is a scumbag. He was just let back for whatever reason

oliver?    689

No as in, not letting the other person play.

oh trust me, cutting djinn has nothing to do with wanting to give the opponent a fair shot and letting them play their cards

winning >

Nash    283

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFFz2rBIPYg

Me and my team mates Deck profile from WCQ Dublin. We thought nobody really cares about the card choice explanations at the end of the format, so we tryed to make it interesting. =P

Anyway, in case anyone is interested...

There was so much cards we wanted to play that seemed important in the main deck, that we were loosing our minds over it. In the end we were like fuck everything, this format is fucked up anyways and we played 42. Everything worked out so well after that decision lol. We could also side deck everything we wanted without hindering the core engine too much. I'm still not 100% sure that playing 42 was a correct decision, but after we finished the build, questioning it wouldn't do any good. Here is the final version of the deck.

Like I said, we put everything that we felt was needed in the main. 3 Valky was definetly needed, so was the princess, with people going the math->beast route, and village still being a thread somehow. Princess also enabled the Gungnir OTK more often, but in a different way that sorcerer could. Also princess is better than sorcerer in managing your resources, which came up quite a lot. The Djinn outs were a no brainer. 1 Eclipse, 2 of the best spells in the game (geki/moon) and the ddwl. Moon was soooo good in the mirror, like literally, there are so few ways to play around it, even if you get a read on it. And it's aplications against ba should be obvious. Than there was the 3 maxx/3 Shared route. We wanted to make the main deck as good as possible againt the mirror and ba. Shared was actually not bad against ba in g1. I forced a lot of people in to not searching for scarm/dante etc. And maxx C is not that bad in the mirror. It's not like you can always play around it. But it was a card that was sided out in the mirror depending weather you go first or not.

We didn't main deck any MSTs, which could be debatable. It worked out for me as I played 7 mirror matches, but my team mates struggled a bit against shaddolls/qli, but we relayed on our side deck for that.

Elvis Vu    101

Me and my team mates Deck profile from WCQ Dublin. We thought nobody really cares about the card choice explanations at the end of the format, so we tryed to make it interesting. =P

There was so much cards we wanted to play that seemed important in the main deck, that we were loosing our minds over it. In the end we were like fuck everything, this format is fucked up anyways and we played 42. Everything worked out so well after that decision lol. We could also side deck everything we wanted without hindering the core engine too much. I'm still not 100% sure that playing 42 was a correct decision, but after we finished the build, questioning it wouldn't do any good. Here is the final version of the deck.

Like I said, we put everything that we felt was needed in the main. 3 Valky was definetly needed, so was the princess, with people going the math->beast route, and village still being a thread somehow. Princess also enabled the Gungnir OTK more often, but in a different way that sorcerer could. Also princess is better than sorcerer in managing your resources, which came up quite a lot. The Djinn outs were a no brainer. 1 Eclipse, 2 of the best spells in the game (geki/moon) and the ddwl. Moon was soooo good in the mirror, like literally, there are so few ways to play around it, even if you get a read on it. And it's aplications against ba should be obvious. Than there was the 3 maxx/3 Shared route. We wanted to make the main deck as good as possible againt the mirror and ba. Shared was actually not bad against ba in g1. I forced a lot of people in to not searching for scarm/dante etc. And maxx C is not that bad in the mirror. It's not like you can always play around it. But it was a card that was sided out in the mirror depending weather you go first or not.

We didn't main deck any MSTs, which could be debatable. It worked out for me as I played 7 mirror matches, but my team mates struggled a bit against shaddolls/qli, but we relayed on our side deck for that.

yooo thats exactly like my deck LOLLLL except for the difference in level 4 spellcasters and cutting the 1 mst i played xDDD

Nash    283

yooo thats exactly like my deck LOLLLL except for the difference in level 4 spellcasters and cutting the 1 mst i played xDDD

Yeah we got inspiration for the deck when we saw you and some other guys were playing more than 40. =P

Elements    587

Ok so the list has hit and it seems there's like 8-9 cards to come out of the main. What are your guys thoughts on what you should go in? Been thinking about the bulb stuff that was floating around while back - any merit to it? Perhaps some traps? 

What are people thinking on the number of rota's in the deck etc? Initially, i'm thinking less of the card but with no knowledge of what is coming in number remains to be seen. 

I can see towers being an issue esp as qlis is a deck i find to be quite popular at the places i go.

mmm....

(this isn't a sly attempt at begging for info or what not, just trying to get some chatter going as there hasn't been any here since the 9th.)

Nate1080    1171
Kaleido can be bumped to 3 and Cycle can arguably be dropped to 1.

1 Shurit makes Cycle worse and you need all the easy ritual summons you can get, thus 3 Kaleido.

Elements    587

Kaleido can be bumped to 3 and Cycle can arguably be dropped to 1.

1 Shurit makes Cycle worse and you need all the easy ritual summons you can get, thus 3 Kaleido.

i was told this last night and it makes a lot of sense tbh.

Nate1080    1171
As I think about it, if you weren't playing Upstart before, I see no reason not to play them now.

3 RotA might still be good. Need to see that 1 Shurit asap and Clausolas is still good

Elements    587
Perhaps. Yea ive slotted in 3 upstart. Love the card. 3 rota might be too many tho with 6 jus and 3 upstarts making an earlier clausolas easier to get to. Y

Blacklisted    1334

Is it worth siding Wavering Eyes to counter their Wavering Eyes and then searching a Zefrasaber to your hand?

GerardoSDR    175
i think 3 rota is needed be as it it helps get to the 1 shurit faster, also the exa-sorcerer combo and dance princess are very helpful since they recycle shurit while also making pluses by their own, so they are kind of a replacement for the lost shurit while also helping reuse the one we have

902    1780

I don't understand how you could possibly want to play 3 ROTA. ROTA isn't your main way of searching shurit, your entire deck still searches everything. ROTA just becomes a horrible draw after you use the 1 shurit.

GerardoSDR    175

I don't understand how you could possibly want to play 3 ROTA. ROTA isn't your main way of searching shurit, your entire deck still searches everything. ROTA just becomes a horrible draw after you use the 1 shurit.

the thing is that you almost never want to search shurit with brionac, shurit into brionac is way better than brio into shurit into brionac

902    1780

That doesn't mean you play 3 cards that will be pretty much dead after the first use. Obviously using ROTA is the ideal way to search shurit, but I'd definitely rather use a brio to search shurit than play 3 ROTA. You don't need a warrior out anymore, so ROTA lost a lot of utility. 

muzzy    92
If the deck still plays exa combo then maybe it should run catastor to special back shurit, sorcerer, princess or exa

What about using Gishki monsters to replace the lost Shurit? Obviously a step down since they aren't searchable by your engine and they also don't replace themselves with another card, but it seems cute to say the least.

Running Gishki Vision alongside Deep Sea Diva gives you a tuner as well as an entire ritual summon cost, or you can synchro into Herald of the Arc Light and make a push.

+Paraliel+    8123

If the deck still plays exa combo then maybe it should run catastor to special back shurit, sorcerer, princess or exa

If we play catastor we could run wingbeat also 

Hello new friends! Welcome to Duelistgroundz! Please explain your choices in this deck discussion thread or you will not enjoy your stay! Thank you!

»TS Fearless    7185

Upstart is even worse now how could you consider that card. Now the mirror is ALL about grinding. LP is a huge part of the mirror. Do you realize if you use 2 Upstarts I can probably take a swing I would otherwise have to Valk? You're not giving your opponent life points you're giving them cards.

3 Kaleido 1 Cycle? Do you realize you could just use that 3rd Unicore to get Shrit back for the 2nd Cycle if you have to?

Can you people think before you hit the post button please? Thanks.

Rota is broken and I believe it should still stay at 3. Shrit is the deck and I want my Brios to search other combo pieces. You aren't drawing all 3 Rotas every game and chances are you can probably Emeral back Shurit sometime to use the 2nd Rota on. I'd rather have live plays with a dead Rota in hand than sit there with no plays. Maybe there's a warrior monster with utility you can play just to have a level 4 monster to get off Rota. Less important without Djinn but it's still an option. Even if there isn't, I believe 3 Rota is too integral to the deck.

redlight    12

Since this format is all about grinding, I think Hands should be considered as a viable engine in the main.  Sure the engine sucks in the mirror but I think this format will be diverse enough where the cards are good against Dolls/Qlis/Tellers

AK-48    70
The warrior returning alive is awesome as added copies of brio and shurit.

Also, if you are looking for another warrior with utility, heroic challenger halberd is probably the best I've managed to find thus far. Enables rank 4 plays and it puts pressure on your opponent on its own.