muzzy    92
Catastor is a Dragon so it's Searchable by Exa
Catastor can special summon Shurit so you can Cyclne
It makes a Ju an out to Anoyatilis if you have a level 4 Nekroz effect monster in grave

I'm not sure if Catastor would ever be ritual summoned but it seems to have some good applications and I think it should be tested.

AK-48    70

It makes a Ju an out to Anoyatilis if you have a level 4 Nekroz effect monster in grave

I'm not sure if Catastor would ever be ritual summoned but it seems to have some good applications and I think it should be tested.

So go test it yourself and come back and tell us how bad it is.

»TS Fearless    7185

Since this format is all about grinding, I think Hands should be considered as a viable engine in the main.  Sure the engine sucks in the mirror but I think this format will be diverse enough where the cards are good against Dolls/Qlis/Tellers

Nekroz is still the most powerful deck with the most +1s and resources, it doesn't need help grinding. It just needs to play. Gungnir solves Lose a Turn well enough. Mistake, Skill Drain, and Emptiness are still the problems. Nothing has changed from last format. Play MST if you want but adding more normal summons seems counter productive. I would still rather main for the mirror, especially now that there's no Djinn to fall back on if you draw too many cards that are sub par in the mirror.

The warrior returning alive is awesome as added copies of brio and shurit.

Also, if you are looking for another warrior with utility, heroic challenger halberd is probably the best I've managed to find thus far. Enables rank 4 plays and it puts pressure on your opponent on its own.

The Warrior Returning Alive is not awesome in a hand with no plays. Once you have your engine going you have searchable ways to re-use Shrit and Brio. Any extra space should be dedicated to maximizing consistency or mirror/rogue cards. Halberd is cool, I'm currently looking through the warriors myself, too.

Elements    587

I'm sorry i tried to generate discussion lol. My bad...

not to be a dickhead but why are people offering up shit like warrior returning alive? the deck lost its turn 1 lock play and a shurit. how does any of these suggestions help that?

Warthog    165
I am looking at Photon Thrasher currently as an extra warrior target as I want something that isn't ass to search after Shirut.

Halberd sounds neat until you remember the mirror will be emptying the field and they should be Valkyrus the attacks anyways to avoid getting into Gungnir range.

AK-48    70
With only one shurit you get two shots to drop anything bigger than brio with ease. Once from hand and then banishing the shurit in the grave. After that you it becomes a bit more tricky. Yes you can add back a Banished shurit with dance princess but that's going to take you 2 in hand cards to do at least ( in hand princess cycle and grave unicore)

I was using the warrior returning alive as a one card way to recycle the shurit.
However, I agree it sucks dick in an opening hand without plays.

Anyhow, This was my reasoning behind using TWRA.

:? Let me know if you believe I'm completely on the wrong track...

+Paraliel+    8123

So go test it yourself and come back and tell us how bad it is.

He's generating discussion on reasons to run it, it's up to you to also supply equal other reasons why it is not worth running.

muzzy    92
I think the loss of Chain is bigger than Shurit, many a time where I went into a Chain to send Valk turn 1 to bring it up and sculpt your hand

+mark    3103

Now that djinn is gone, people are going to play less outs to monster floodgates in general. I think that makes Naturia beast/Thunder king etc better, as your opponent wouldn't main outs so those cards are just auto-win in the mirror. While these cards may be less optimal against other decks, the same could be said for book of eclipse etc. This is, of course, only true if nekroz remains to be the best deck. Since we now have a favorable mirror matchup, I think we can consider cards such as trap stun to take care of BA and trap floods. This would solve the 'play djinn outs or play floodgate s/t outs or other cards to beat the mirror' paradox we had last format. 

Elements    587

I think the loss of Chain is bigger than Shurit, many a time where I went into a Chain to send Valk turn 1 to bring it up and sculpt your hand

yea. chain was the real early game the deck had. opened up so many plays and facilitated set up for either the djinn lock or the next 2 turns potentially. 

redlight    12

It is so much harder to do Valk plays without Lavalval Chain.  I think Breakthrough Skill could be useful as another option alongside Veiler to prevent opposing Trishula's.

+mark    3103

I think 3 rota is best since you still want the Shurit asap, with 1 Shurit 1-2 Rota you're going to brick a lot since you won't always draw manju/senju + the needed rituals

As for the rota target, armageddon knight and a single plaguespreader gives room for a trishula synchro play (arma+plague+clausolas), it may cause dead draws but it doesn't require for your opponent to have anything on the field. When going this route, you can of course also play shaddoll dragon and farfa vs floodgates, depending on how the format will develop.

You could play Malicious to make Photon strike bounzer with a brionac. A photon strike bounzer backed up by valk seems good in the mirror, even though they can still stall with Valk, they won't have the djinn outs against it anymore. It also gives acess to lv8 synchro's if that means anything, maybe void ogre dragon to protect fields if you can empty your hand. Playing all these monsters will clog your hands of course, but when you draw them you can tribute them for Valk or ritual summoning at least, or put them back with plaguespreader. 

Just throwing out some ideas here, mostly for the mirror. There may be other things you could do that I'm missing, but having a nekroz deck that can make the synchro trishula or drop monster floodgates seems very powerful to 'autowin' games early on. 

Dirk    1974

One idea I had was to main the shaddoll engine, arma dragon beasts fusions. It gives you another rota target, outs to floods without playing mst, punishes rogue decks that xyz, and lets you make annoyatilis in the mirror. If people cut djin outs then the water fusion gives you a win condition in the mirror without having to rely on edging someone out in a maxx c/shared ride exchange game. With shurit limited, I don't think the best way to win the mirror will be grind it out empty your field games, instead I think the focus will shift to established field locks (granted all of this is my thoughts after a couple minutes of thinking how things would play out now)

I could see people keeping a warrior out like bull or warrior lady in their deck, because they will most likely play 3 rota to max out their chances of seeing shurit while not making it dead later on in the game. Or you could use monk

»TS Fearless    7185

i think warrior returning alive is worth using now, just to recycle brio more often and shurit/trish/claus

Warn/Temp ban please. That was already brought up and reasoning was given to why it shouldn't be played. Instead of posting the same shit you should've given a counter argument to why it should be played. You should probably read the topic before posting. I know how longggg we've been talking about new format Nekroz but take the time next time bud.

One idea I had was to main the shaddoll engine, arma dragon beasts fusions. It gives you another rota target, outs to floods without playing mst, punishes rogue decks that xyz, and lets you make annoyatilis in the mirror. If people cut djin outs then the water fusion gives you a win condition in the mirror without having to rely on edging someone out in a maxx c/shared ride exchange game. With shurit limited, I don't think the best way to win the mirror will be grind it out empty your field games, instead I think the focus will shift to established field locks (granted all of this is my thoughts after a couple minutes of thinking how things would play out now)

I could see people keeping a warrior out like bull or warrior lady in their deck, because they will most likely play 3 rota to max out their chances of seeing shurit while not making it dead later on in the game. Or you could use monk

Using Shaddoll cards in the main is pretty cool. I talked to Ned at Nationals and he said he was thinking about using Mask Change to make Acid vs rogue and dodge Valk in the mirror. I thought about using Dark Mist alongside it as the RotA target to give the deck access to Dark Law for the same reason you were talking about Anoyatyllis and the guy talking about Bounzer. The only problem I can see is drawing the Shaddoll monsters (and Hero shit) in conjunction with bricks like Sorcerer and Exa and bricking even harder. Still playing Ride to help get out of early game unplayable hands makes me worried about drawing Shaddoll monster + Ride hands against rogue. If it's played as a replacement for Ride then you'll draw Fusion instead of Ride so almost same thing or better in the mirror if you draw a Shaddoll monster alongside it but it all depends on what we could be played in those Shaddoll monster slots. Any card to help unbrick/going first in the mirror is a huge to me so I feel like Math should be maxed alongside Bulb to make Herald. Someone else already brought it up but Diva into Gishki Vision is the next option but having Bulb+Vision+possibly Pero is probably too much after 3 Math. I wouldn't want to play Pero with Diva/Vision and giving Math less utility to use those doesn't seem worth it, although keeping in mind that if the Shaddoll monsters are being used theres probably no need for Pero. Maybe a Senju or two after that but that's going to be so many normal summons that I think Shaddoll monsters might have the most value after those (because they give you access to Shaddoll Fusion) unless there are other cards that are good at keeping you alive/unbricking your hand in the mirror without costing your normal summon.

Fresh    6

I don't think the Shaddoll engine or Mask Change II is the way to go. The deck is still very strong but can brick and increasing that is something that makes no sense to me. It sucks having to play the Valk game but Gungnir solves that and is a lot easier for the deck to search then the other two suggested engines. The real problems that I think need to be addressed is effectively replacing the Shurit, Djinn, the outs to Djinn and Towers Turbo. Dance Princess seems pretty solid. Acts as a mini Denko in a way, a Level 4 for Rank 4 plays, and most importantly, adds back Shurit. To me she is the only card worth playing to recycle Shurit. Enforcer and Catastor have been straight bricks for me early game. Salvage is interesting but suffers from the same problems Enforcer and Catastor do. 

Towers Turbo is truly a problem. Like I don't care if we can search Armor, we are not always going to open the hand to do that and get over Towers. Snow Rabbit and Typhoon seem staple in the side for me going forward

Elements    587

Soner gungor is streaming new list nekroz on stream. 

http://www.twitch.tv/duelrock88

worth a look.

sgU1g7m.png

I don't think it is the way to go. But for anyone who just wants lists.

Really dont think that trap card is any good but i could be wrong. I sat and watched him play for a few hours and i cant remember him even playing the card let alone drawing it.

+Urthor    10239

Really feel like the Djinn outs can just be different cards in a no-djinn world.  Like maybbeeeee raigeki, raigeki and hole are still the killer cards for Ritual Beast so they're good in certain local metagames to have on occassion, but to quote my good friend Mikki to the D, if it aint outing floodgates it's gotta be a comboooooo piece (or broken side card).  Why play a trap card when you can bait the trap with a monster n stuff.  

+Urthor    10239

Nekroz of Catastor has been hilariously good, discard it summon Shurit in defence activate cycle NIGGA THAT'S A WARRIOR RETURNING ALIVE YOU CAN SEARCH WHO NEEDS THAT SHITTY CARD.  Plus you read the second effect of the card and it says "if any nekroz monster battles a monster summoned from the extra deck destroy it," that's reading the riot act to so many decks.  Unicore+Catastor lock laffin 4 days.  

Honestly I think we've been playing this deck wrong for literally ever.  We've been testing the individual orange cards like great sorc/catastor/dance princess individually, but you gotta realise that these cards become much better when you play them alongside each other.  Catastor is mediocre when you are only using shurit, but when you're running ALL the little orange effect monsters, you're cookin with gas. 

Elements    587

I've been reading up on stuff because i don't know everything i need to know yet but i find myself really liking Gishki Chain initially. Think i'm going to give it a try. Got a lot of spaces to fill and i'm not convinced of just whacking in dance princess etc until i've give everything else a fair shot.

A friend and i have spoken about a few things and he feels that Bulb and Invoker plays revolving around Naturia Beast could be a positive direction.

I've had the cards for a while but i'm really new to it all so it will be interesting to try everything out.