Warthog    165
I like the Claus example you gave with Valk and Scope. Some times it is a pain to get Shirut and you don't want to Brio into it but rather RoTA. The third does add another RoTA target and let's you dig for the combo you mentioned.

Another off the wall card I have been testing in Necroface. It will reset your Shirut and Mirrors plus whatever you banished (try to send back Shirut targets, ie Brionac) and let's you play yugioh normally. Only problem it will also reset your opponent's cards if playing the mirror but I have found this better than not using Shirut to its full potential with Nekroz Mirror etc. I look at it as an Emeral where I use it to reset my resources. You can also play silly with your ritual spells and not worry running out of the resources.

adjd2007    8

Incidentally, although I just read it, Eccentric Archfiend could be the most important card from the new set by far.  It outs EVERY single floodgate in the game, except Majesty's fiend and Anti Spell Fragrance.  Practically every single last one.

That's the solution to the emptiness paradox more than likely, it's the first card that outs s/ts and monsters except for BA's discard traps.     

psi-blocker hits everything relevant outside of drain and majesty's, and doubles as an alternate win condition vs qli, satellar etc.  

GerardoSDR    175

Incidentally, although I just read it, Eccentric Archfiend could be the most important card from the new set by far.  It outs EVERY single floodgate in the game, except Majesty's fiend and Anti Spell Fragrance.  Practically every single last one.

That's the solution to the emptiness paradox more than likely, it's the first card that outs s/ts and monsters except for BA's discard traps.     

psi-blocker hits everything relevant outside of drain and majesty's, and doubles as an alternate win condition vs qli, satellar etc.  

also against nekroz as you can simply spam the field and then drop psi-blocker calling valkyrus to otk them

SQUIDS~    386
Although you have to be careful about blocker on valk because obviously you'll have to do 8000 without using a Valkyrus. Need kaleido for 11 + 2000 more from mirror/cycling Trish/Unicore/brio=6800+1200 from blocker. Although it's essentially a mini-gungnir as far as beating valk if they've taken any hit bigger than 2K

GerardoSDR    175

Although you have to be careful about blocker on valk because obviously you'll have to do 8000 without using a Valkyrus. Need kaleido for 11 + 2000 more from mirror/cycling Trish/Unicore/brio=6800+1200 from blocker. Although it's essentially a mini-gungnir as far as beating valk if they've taken any hit bigger than 2K

not really, all you have to do is summon valk before calling it

???????????????????????????

GerardoSDR    175

???????????????????????????

the monster would already be on the field, or is psi-blocker also stoping that monster from attacking?

edit: well that sucks

+Paraliel+    8123

No?

SQUIDS~    386

here try that out for me and let me know how it goes

I think he gets it guys.

Anyways, I'm sure the majority of you are already aware of the following combo:

Math > Bulb. Summon Claus. Invoker > Djinn Out > Bulb > Nat Beast.

Djinn no longer exists, therefore that out you summon doesn't exist, but what does exist? Heroic Champion - Assault Halberd. Some people are using two copies, and I'd ask them to consider playing the Mathematician + Bulb package in the main or in the side against Nekroz. Math by itself isn't even that bad because just summoning Herald and passing worst-case isn't a bad play as it's a floating Pseudo-Solemn Judgment. Albeit I wouldn't use Assault Halberd anyway, but if you're looking for a way to auto-win mirrors, that might be a legitimate strategy once again.

»TS Fearless    7185

dance princess is a card you know

Invoker can't get princess unless I'm missing what you meant by this

He means it outs Naturia Beast. I feel like soon people are going to drop Dance Princess and just stick with Great Sorcerer and Exa (Great Sorcerer was always the better card t1, and now improving your t1 is more emphasized) so when that time comes, someone will see a lot of success with Halberd into Naturia Beast. Now isn't the time for it but it's something to constantly have in the back of your mind. Sorcerer is still going to be an out to it, however. Beast was always the worst floodgate.

dance princess is a card you know

ugh do i have to add the obv caveats every single time to avoid this, it never ceases to amaze me

yes dance princes outs it im aware of that when i posted it thanks for contributing got me etc. as mike said, when people start dropping princess, it becomes opportune. I just said consider it as people haven't brought up the Assault Halberd relation with it yet. We should know as many relevant interactions as possibly so we can exploit them when we become opportune.

I've actually toyed around with the idea of a collection of as many relevant interactions possible that changes in relation to the format. People can add to it, and outdated interactions can be taken away. Essentially things you'd find on the note section of yugioh wiki (/tips section, there's actually cool shit there,) except accumulated and organized. 

Elements    587

So I did give Wavering Eyes + Zefrasaber a go, and most of the time its great against qlips but the same boat as fairy wind, it gets countered by their wavering eyes. Also if you draw Zefra first, you can put it in the pendulum zone and get a free banish as well. Perhaps Fairy wind might just be better because it hits flood gates./

i feel like down the line, wavering eyes and eccentric archfiend will be good for the qli matchup. 

Elements    587
How about adding Vanity's Fiend to the mix? Obviously not as versatile and does't have synergy with Cycle as Djinn did but it achieves almost the same sort pressure in that it needs to be dealt with. There are negatives however. Being unable to drop it turn 1 without the need to summon a Ju could cause additional consistency issues with the deck. Also, unlike a Djinn'd Nekroz monster, Vanity's Fiend is more vulnerable to cards such as Raigeki and Book of Moon as you don't have the bonus of the in hand protection in Trish and Gungnir (providing you have them in hand obvcourse). It also has a shared weakness of the the more direct and effective Djinn lock outs, but that is what that is - nothing is infallible. There is also Great Sorcerer of the Nekroz + Decisive Armor to deal with this in the mirror but the Old Man isn't as searchable due to being a spellcaster and them having to burn a Brio isn't ideal for them either. Worst case here is you opponent is forced to play with less than desirable cards in their deck to deal

Seeing as people are saying that first turn Valk is still a strong play for getting the deck going i believe this card could have good application for rounding it all off. going through the motions of the play and then tributing that Valk for a Vanity's Fiend could make for a really strong turn 1 - something that's very up in the air atm.

Although it obviously isn't an synergetic to the deck as the Djinn lock was, i firmly believe there's a lot of merit here and it's something worth discussing imo.

Spell Canceller is also a card i feel deserves a mention. I believe there was a Satellar tactic from last format that involved dumping this with Larvalval Chain and then reviving it with the trap reanimation the deck played to deal with the decks that relied on their spells to do anything. Obviously that isn't a thing anymore due to rightfully so banning of Chain, but it is still a card that can have current format applications under the right circumstance. It can have the same sort of a pressure but obviously dependant on the matchup at hand. Following the same Valk process but instead tributing for Spell Canceller could potentially add another side to the early game.

Being immune to spell removal means its can be equally as hard to deal with efficiently but it's low attack stat is an issue. Like Vanity's Fiend, its effect does limit you in what you can do but a lot of the time, just stopping your opponent from playing Yugioh is enough to win you the game. One of the biggest pros it offers is the fact it can protect sided in traps such as Mirror Force, Breakthrough Skill and often fringe cards like Solemn Scoulding could end up seeing new life. Biggest negative is that unless you have some sort of effect or summon negation, this card is weak to other monsters and if they can protect a monster for a turn with a Valk for example and then overlay for a guy - that's a problem.

Of the 2 cards i have discussed here, i feel Vanity's Fiend is the stronger tactic but Spell Canceller has its merits too although i believe unlike Vanity's Fiend, which im planning on using in the main deck, Canceller is probably better as a side board option.

(Apologies for how poorly worded the above is.)

oliver?    689

How about adding Vanity's Fiend to the mix? Obviously not as versatile and does't have synergy with Cycle as Djinn did but it achieves almost the same sort pressure in that it needs to be dealt with. There are negatives however. Being unable to drop it turn 1 without the need to summon a Ju could cause additional consistency issues with the deck. Also, unlike a Djinn'd Nekroz monster, Vanity's Fiend is more vulnerable to cards such as Raigeki and Book of Moon as you don't have the bonus of the in hand protection in Trish and Gungnir (providing you have them in hand obvcourse). It also has a shared weakness of the the more direct and effective Djinn lock outs, but that is what that is - nothing is infallible. There is also Great Sorcerer of the Nekroz + Decisive Armor to deal with this in the mirror but the Old Man isn't as searchable due to being a spellcaster and them having to burn a Brio isn't ideal for them either. Worst case here is you opponent is forced to play with less than desirable cards in their deck to deal

Seeing as people are saying that first turn Valk is still a strong play for getting the deck going i believe this card could have good application for rounding it all off. going through the motions of the play and then tributing that Valk for a Vanity's Fiend could make for a really strong turn 1 - something that's very up in the air atm.

Although it obviously isn't an synergetic to the deck as the Djinn lock was, i firmly believe there's a lot of merit here and it's something worth discussing imo.

Spell Canceller is also a card i feel deserves a mention. I believe there was a Satellar tactic from last format that involved dumping this with Larvalval Chain and then reviving it with the trap reanimation the deck played to deal with the decks that relied on their spells to do anything. Obviously that isn't a thing anymore due to rightfully so banning of Chain, but it is still a card that can have current format applications under the right circumstance. It can have the same sort of a pressure but obviously dependant on the matchup at hand. Following the same Valk process but instead tributing for Spell Canceller could potentially add another side to the early game.

Being immune to spell removal means its can be equally as hard to deal with efficiently but it's low attack stat is an issue. Like Vanity's Fiend, its effect does limit you in what you can do but a lot of the time, just stopping your opponent from playing Yugioh is enough to win you the game. One of the biggest pros it offers is the fact it can protect sided in traps such as Mirror Force, Breakthrough Skill and often fringe cards like Solemn Scoulding could end up seeing new life. Biggest negative is that unless you have some sort of effect or summon negation, this card is weak to other monsters and if they can protect a monster for a turn with a Valk for example and then overlay for a guy - that's a problem.

Of the 2 cards i have discussed here, i feel Vanity's Fiend is the stronger tactic but Spell Canceller has its merits too although i believe unlike Vanity's Fiend, which im planning on using in the main deck, Canceller is probably better as a side board option.

(Apologies for how poorly worded the above is.)

you don't want vanity's fiend against anything except the mirror really, better to just side it

Knight-    6

A few questions.

Is Emeral/Valk or another Valk play the play we want to see every game 1 going first, when we don't know what the opponent is playing? Is the mirror that prevalent that it is correct to do so in order to not lose to Trish/get OTK'd? If yes, should the number of combo pieces that put together Emeral/Valk be upped in order to maximize our chances of seeing it?
ie. 3 Clausolas, 3 ROTA, potentially upping the total number of rituals played.

Concerning the rest of the main deck, what is the overall goal of playing this deck at the moment? Should the main deck be playing cards like Shared Ride and not maining MST's in order to win the mirror, or should the Rides be sided and main the MST's? Is it possible to main MST's so that we can not lose to floods and play Yugioh while also building a deck that still can win the mirror, or is that attempting to do too much? 

Should the side deck be playing cards that advance our gamestate, or hinder theirs? This is a situation where it is possible to do both (Denko, Ride/Maxx C in the mirror)
but I feel some of these cards can potentially change the overall goal of the deck and hurt the engine.

GerardoSDR    175

A few questions.

Is Emeral/Valk or another Valk play the play we want to see every game 1 going first, when we don't know what the opponent is playing? Is the mirror that prevalent that it is correct to do so in order to not lose to Trish/get OTK'd? If yes, should the number of combo pieces that put together Emeral/Valk be upped in order to maximize our chances of seeing it?
ie. 3 Clausolas, 3 ROTA, potentially upping the total number of rituals played.

the other turn 1 play might be making naturia beast if you run it or math>bulb>herald but yeah that's pretty much it, im currently testing with mind crushes in main as you can set it and pass potentially leaving your opponent open for a trish or at the very least avoid getting otk'd

eaglesrock    26
I've been testing a small shaddoll engine(1 dragon, 1 beast, 2 fusion) and it's been working out great. Even when you draw beast it's insane t1 if you can drop valk and tribute them off to draw 3. Their levels are also beneficial when making cycle plays and you find yourself being able to drop trishula easier. Daigusto can just put them back again to make fusion live.

For the mirror match we have a form of lock in our main decks for g1. Summoning gungnir/claos then making anoya is strong. It restricts them from being able to ju stall, so if they don't have a board wipe it's almost impossible for them to win.It obviously isn't better than making a djinn lock since you can't protect it(just like the vanitys fiend argument.)

Due to this issue I wanted to bring up forbidden lance again. It isnt a combo piece so it contributes to bricking, but it's the only way to make sure the lock doesn't get disrupted. Not too bad against other decks either(BA, tellar).