+Urthor    10182

Exiled loses to both Gungnir AND Trish, would not play.  

• Upvote 3

Sometimes when I am going turn 1 I sometimes do this: just wanted to confirm if its a good way to start.

I will summon unicore and have a level 4 thing summoned and go into lavalval chain. If i dont already have a shurit or I need to use the search for valk instead, I send shurit to the grave using laval chain, other wise i send djinn to the grave. An alternative is to stack a card too but if I am lacking a way to get shurit I dont do this.

I summon valk and then tribute valk and lavalval chain draw 2. Then activate both ritual spells. Now I started with 5 cards but ended up with 6 cards in my hand.

I can plus even harder depending on the situation but 6 cards is the minimum I get if I do this combo. 

I know this way I can't be trished but it kind of makes me open for the djinn lock. 

I do have a chance of continuing the previous combo to do a djinn lock but not always. 

Now if I do a djinn lock I can use cycle to summon the level 3 ritual from the grave. That leaves me normally with 5 cards at hand. 

falolipe    72

I think it all depends on what are you playing against, but if its unknown I try to do nothing except may be a) summon a ju if I drew multiple normal summons or b) summon valk to search with shurit/unicore and end with valk in hand and nekroz in grave so I don't lose next turn. If I have a way to send a nekroz to grave (brio or claus) with valk in hand I probably just do that because you don't really need card advantage in the mirror match and you better save your resources to deal damage or put your opponent into bad positions with rhapsody, book, or something else.

Also if you think you need a djinn out fast because your opponent is djinn reliant you can go into emeral+valk and hope for the best but this is difficult to know game 1 so idk. Game 2/3 is totally different because you'll know what are you playing against and how to counter it so thats a lot easier but game 1 you assume you are playing mirror match.

• Upvote 1

GerardoSDR    173

Sometimes when I am going turn 1 I sometimes do this: just wanted to confirm if its a good way to start.

I will summon unicore and have a level 4 thing summoned and go into lavalval chain. If i dont already have a shurit or I need to use the search for valk instead, I send shurit to the grave using laval chain, other wise i send djinn to the grave. An alternative is to stack a card too but if I am lacking a way to get shurit I dont do this.

I summon valk and then tribute valk and lavalval chain draw 2. Then activate both ritual spells. Now I started with 5 cards but ended up with 6 cards in my hand.

I can plus even harder depending on the situation but 6 cards is the minimum I get if I do this combo. 

I know this way I can't be trished but it kind of makes me open for the djinn lock. 

I do have a chance of continuing the previous combo to do a djinn lock but not always. 

Now if I do a djinn lock I can use cycle to summon the level 3 ritual from the grave. That leaves me normally with 5 cards at hand. 

you can alternatively use kaleido to summon both the unicore and valk and use the lavalval to stack something, you end up with 3 cards, the card you stacked and 1 ritual spell, which is 5 cards but you actually get a card you wanted instead of a random one and dont waste a shurit

• Upvote 1

petqwe    286

since my friend said this isnt cute enough to be viable ill just say it here. Koaki mieru ice is searchable non-targeting monster destruction for djinn. it even has the bonus of being able to destroy itself in the EP to dodge an incoming trish if you dont want to extend that turn. i mean, while we are on the topic of snipe hunter

woops, ruling page says the card targets

how is that thing searchable? the thing is aqua-type and it's obviously not a ritual nor a nekroz, how do you even thought it was searchable?

I mean, Exiled Force is a better KM Ice if you're going down that line pretty sure.  

Or well, ok I guess

indeed exiled force is the best searchable one other than armageddon, it doesnt leave a monster on the field if it fails (ddwl and doom lord do leave a monster if they fail, even doomlord leaves a monster if it doesnt fail), it doesnt makes you lose your bp (ddwl makes you lose and so as doomlord)
Diamond Core of Koa'ki Meiru

i think it's pretty obvious what i meant, no one is rununing diamond core in the first place and it doesnt help at all to the engine
and so you decide to not play diamond core and cry about Ice not being searchable looooool
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 15

herbie ✌    1340
Running Diamond Core is just like running more copies of that card lol, stop being stupid.
  • Upvote 3

Nympph    5

Player A:
Djinn, set Lance, Trishula in hand

Player B:
Snipe Hunter, 2 in hand

Snipe Hunter, discard 1 and target Clausolas.
Opponent chains Trishula to negate the activation of Snipe Hunter.
Snipe Hunter, discard 1 and target Clausolas (Lance can't help)

what the fuck did i just read....

RedeemedOne    105

Can anyone help me streamline my deck. Trying something a little different. Excuse the format...http://i.imgur.com/mgOpGWB.png. Trying to utilize a Mermail engine with my Nekroz but I don't think I've quite got it. My instincts tell me that I want to include Linde and Sphere but Sphere's spell restriction kills. Also, is there some way to use rank 7s with Megelo or Steus? Aqua spirit for easier rank 4? Suggestions? Or just tell me to forget about it cause it can't be done. Let me know something, guys. Thanks.

• Downvote 7

Indignation    2854

Can anyone help me streamline my deck. Trying something a little different. Excuse the format...http://i.imgur.com/mgOpGWB.png. Trying to utilize a Mermail engine with my Nekroz but I don't think I've quite got it. My instincts tell me that I want to include Linde and Sphere but Sphere's spell restriction kills. Also, is there some way to use rank 7s with Megelo or Steus? Aqua spirit for easier rank 4? Suggestions? Or just tell me to forget about it cause it can't be done. Let me know something, guys. Thanks.

Put it in the Deck Garage. Not here.

Jujuuu.    37

Like many here, I am in the process of deck building. Here's one card dispute I'd like to discuss: Run 2-3 copies of mind crush, 1 copy of vanity's emptiness, or run 1 treacherous trap hole in the main. I'll list the thought process of each.

With mind crush you get to disturb your opponent's plays and get information of their hand to prepare yourself for later turns. It's also versatile, so it can be used on many decks you may duel. There's not really any big draw backs of running these in the main. (I'll just leave the cons to you because all these cards are decent to me.)

With vanity, you can possibly lock your opponent out of the game if they don have a MST prepared. I feel that this is meh during game 2/3 if you main it though due to obvious reasons. I think this card is always runnable, but not in the main. (my least favored)

With TTH (treacherous trap hole) I feel is good main decked because it can get you out of a djinn lock or trishula. It's also versatile to duel any deck with because it's destroying 2 monsters for free that can disrupt of swarm/xyz plays.

I've also considered to main 1 shared ride and have 2 more prepared for the mirror just in case.

Welchy    568

i havent seen this 3 card combo discussed:

ju, unicore/kaleido, shurit/rota/brio/cycle

>Ju get whatever missing piece u need to summon unicore

>Arc search out cycle (or shurit if already have access to cycle)

>Then overlay lavalval chain to dump valk to grave

>Cycle tributing shurit to summon valk and search brio 

>Tribute lavalval and valk to draw 2

>Banish 1 mirror in grave to give you 6 cih, plus you still have a mirror to use in grave for next turn.

i know this isnt some new undiscovered play, but i was wondering how often you guys did this play and do you consider it optimal?

• Upvote 4

G Λ r Ω N    5934

>Banish 1 mirror in grave to give you 6 cih, plus you still have a mirror to use in grave for next turn.

i know this isnt some new undiscovered play, but i was wondering how often you guys did this play and do you consider it optimal?

This is usually my normal turn 1 play vs unknown deck when I don't have a Lance or I can't Valk+Emeral.
  • Upvote 1

Whinesilencer    337

if you wait in the mirror to bring out valk mp2 you can also sometimes get your opponents to not valk on the unicore/Ju push which sets up gameshots through valk. they obv should but I run into a lot of opponents who eat it lol

• Upvote 3

McGinty    290

Wish I could poss this post twice. Sneak attacks in the mirror are the fuckin way!

Kanade    1532

I'd say it's probably the best first turn play in the mirror, potentially tied with the T1 daigusto. 

After playing some hands I came up with some T1 Valk Emeral plays but they involve some pointless searches just to load the graveyard. Is there a more effective way of loading it?

Flimsy    8

I honestly don't like that play very much since i hate using my lavalval that early. My favorite first turn play is:

Ju, Valk/cycle, Brio/shurit/rota

>Summon Ju, grab missing pieces from combo usually Valk or Claus to get cycle
>summon valk
>Search any warrior you might need usually brio
>Tribute both valk and Ju, draw 2
>Search mirror and if you haven't used brio/unicore yet then you can get a valk back to hand

Edit: You still end up with 6 cards but not with another mirror in grave to search with next turn

iSTW    6

I'd say it's probably the best first turn play in the mirror, potentially tied with the T1 daigusto.

After playing some hands I came up with some T1 Valk Emeral plays but they involve some pointless searches just to load the graveyard. Is there a more effective way of loading it?

it's usually optimal if you need to brio for the shurit and claus for the mirror, meaning you can recycle a unicore, brio/claus and an arc light. Like it means you can end with 5 in hand and 2 mirror searches. You can do it with chain by dumping the valk instead or searching/drawing it as welchy stated. You end with the same amount of cards but with the emeral you get to recycle 3 monsters. The both are probably the best T1 play in the mirror (with the exception of lance + djinn if you play it).

Kanade    1532

Does it start with the same three cards for the Emeral Valk play? I feel like you need a 4th card for the Emeral play?

GerardoSDR    173

it's usually optimal if you need to brio for the shurit and claus for the mirror, meaning you can recycle a unicore, brio/claus and an arc light. Like it means you can end with 5 in hand and 2 mirror searches. You can do it with chain by dumping the valk instead or searching/drawing it as welchy stated. You end with the same amount of cards but with the emeral you get to recycle 3 monsters. The both are probably the best T1 play in the mirror (with the exception of lance + djinn if you play it).

could you plese explain the emeral + valk combo? I tried to figure it out and the only way to get it that i can think of implies it being a 4 card combo instead of a 3 card combo

wduartes    75
The one i figured with 3 cards its something like:

ju, unicore, valk.
ju->brio->clausolas->kaleido
kaleido for a level 12
overlay for emerald
return level12, brio, ju
draw 3
banish clausolas to search a mirror.
  • Upvote 1

jhadd1996    247

Everyone probably already knows this, but i haven't seen it get mentioned yet, well at least i dont think so.

I know this is a 4 card combo, but you run 6 mirrors so the chances of you drawing one are relatively high. I assume most of everyone is playing 6 Ju and 3 Reinforcements.

All you need is another Ritual spell.

Instead of searching Brio off the Ju, you just search Claus.

Search Brio off the Herald and get Shurit, and summon Valk with it and the other Ritual.

Make an Emeral.

You draw 3 cards, end with a  Brio in your hand, with a Shurit in the graveyard, and Ritual spells in your hand.

just to show u how volatile the mirror is and y u should never give up

Cromat: ok
Cromat: i have to tell u this game
Cromat: its amazing
jhadd30: kk
Cromat: basically im going 1st game 3, hand is shared ride unicore shurit kaledoscope and raigeki
Cromat: so since i have ride im like, ok im just gonna make a board and even if he tries to trish me i'll come back from the CA
Cromat: so i go scope unicore get brio get claus get cycle end with brio unicore shared ride down with geki trish in hand
Cromat: the guy draws to 6
Cromat: and drops denko.
jhadd30: 'well fist me why dont ya'
Cromat: goes kaledoscope brio unicore get cycle, rota for shurit
Cromat: cycles back his brio, get claus get mirror and then trishes my face down shared ride
Cromat: and my shurit
Cromat: and the trish in my hand
Cromat: crashes brios kills my unicore
Cromat: make rapsody remove both spells form my grave
Cromat: so now my grave is unicore brio claus, only geki in hand, he has trish and rapsody and im at 3500
Cromat: and i win.
Cromat: and im like 90% sure his last card was veiler
Cromat: the win did not involve me using the geki btw

.Sammy    41
Wack there was a GB deck guy playing matches earlier with a real solid build. I watched a few matches of his deck vs Nekroz and it was kinda solid because of shit like
Mistake and Chariot. I think watching that kinda of deck (Tellars/Yosenju/Gladiators + Anti-Spell Fragrance) beat Nekroz just makes me think we should be more aware of the edge decks like that have on us. I guess you can apply this to playing at an event, early rounds of Swiss in a format like this. That ASF + Counter Trap is so good. Interestingly enough my old friend Revives from our sister forum had recently shown me a very similar build with Icarus Attack, Gyzurus, CoTH, Oasis, ASF, Mistake....

Pointless post really just observing that rogue decks are very capable of beating us now.