Ishe

A Few Basics on DevPro

»Ishe    3

Download Link

Once you have downloaded and followed the instructions that are asked you will be have the window change to:

[spoiler]6BGHs61.png[/spoiler]

Click Register, put down all the Information asked, then go to your Email and get the Validation Code copy and paste it to the "Validate" Button right above the "Register" button

Once you have registered you will be seen here:

[spoiler]MWbZ33i.png[/spoiler]

To Spectate Duels, go to this portion:

[spoiler]D76QO7L.png[/spoiler]

Checkmark the "Active Games" and click Search Button, you will see all of the Active Duels taking place, if you want to search a certain name click "User Filter" and type the name in, once you see the name click or double click that duel bar and it will direct you to the duel.

To Create a Deck, go to this portion:

[spoiler]8ULDD8L.png

Which takes you here:

em80O5s.png

[/spoiler]

DevPro does a lot of Updates/Patches, here is the list of Patches: http://91.250.87.52/launcher/Updates/

Patches and updates are for when new cards are added or when there are glitches, etc. (Patches)

So that's about all I was told to do, everything else should be visible and easy to look at, if you need to know anything else just reply and I'll add to OP.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

LukeRandi    232

Some useful things

When you're in a duel, you can hold "S" to skip any opportunity to activate anything. This is pretty important because otherwise the opponent knows what (hand) traps you have. Like, if the game stops in the Draw Phase, it is asking the opponent if he wants to flip Vanity, Skill Drain, Decree, Mind Crush etc. If it stops in the Standby Phase, it's a Maxx "C" (don't mistake it for a Messenger of Peace though), if it stops in either of the Main Phases, it's Veiler. I think you get it.
Same with the regular traps, if the game does not ask you for your own Torrential, it's because the opponent may have a Solemn Warning / Black Horn.
so, focus on the game and make use of "S"

Similarly, you can hold "A" if you want to use a card when the game doesn't ask you for a response. It does ask for certain things, like End Phase MST, Compuls, Icarus, but it does not ask you for e.g. Reckless Greed (if you want to use the second one)

It's pretty important that you think your moves through before you play any of your cards, misclicks are your own fault and should not happen at all (same thing on DN in my opinion, but that's another story)

in the options, there is something like "Automatic Chain Links". if you turn it on, it uses TCG SEGOC, but e.g. if you use 2 Shaddolls for a Fusion, you have no control over the chain links (maybe you do, but i haven't yet figured out how). if you turn it off, you can use OCG SEGOC, but keep in mind, this lets you do TCG-illegal things like Link 1 Construct, Link 2 Falco, Link 3 Core. this way you can play around TTHN when you're actually not allowed to.

So, in case it gets decided that Pat/Bodan can participate in the war, but only on devpro, make sure you turn this option OFF, but don't create TCG-illegal chains.
Also, make sure you are quick when siding, because there is another way to abuse the flaws of devpro in a match. after game 1, you can save the replay, watch it, stop it and look at the opponent's deck. do NOT do that and be aware of the fact that your opponent might be doing this. I am not saying that either player is a cheater, but it's YGO, people do anything to win.

that's it for now, cheers

/edit: the left mouse button does what it's supposed to do. the right mouse button lets you cancel things, and answer these pop-up windows with "no". also, if you clicked yes in one of these windows, but changed your mind, you can right click to get to that window again, and click "no"

• Upvote 8

»Tygo    14313

Ok THAT is an insane amount of crap that theyd have to deal with and it's ridiculous that these two cant play on DN just for the tournament under supervision.

• Upvote 3

Darthflaw    124

\

in the options, there is something like "Automatic Chain Links". if you turn it on, it uses TCG SEGOC, but e.g. if you use 2 Shaddolls for a Fusion, you have no control over the chain links (maybe you do, but i haven't yet figured out how). if you turn it off, you can use OCG SEGOC, but keep in mind, this lets you do TCG-illegal things like Link 1 Construct, Link 2 Falco, Link 3 Core. this way you can play around TTHN when you're actually not allowed to.

You only get control over your chain links if you uncheck "Auto Chain Order" in the in-game settings tab, otherwise it will always choose the order of optional effects(or multiple mandatory effect I guess) based on the order in which they were sent to the graveyard. There is no way, to my knowledge, to manipulate the order in which certain things get sent to the yard in an order of your choosing.

Also if you need to save replays, I'd advise using screen capture software, as each update tends to make all saved replays have a 50/50 chance of just never being playable again, and the save replay button like to not save shit from time to time.

I'd also advise turning off the music before you do anything else, it's obnoxious as all hell.

-L2theZ-    1623

Ok THAT is an insane amount of crap that theyd have to deal with and it's ridiculous that these two cant play on DN just for the tournament under supervision.

I for the life of me can't figure out why anyone would want to use anything even close to an automated system like in the old video games. Yugioh is simply a game that functions much better without automation.

Also wasn't the 2nd big reason we all dropped YVD was that we would no longer have to worry about downloads and updates? Like I don't understand the appeal of this program at all.

I for the life of me can't figure out why anyone would want to use anything even close to an automated system like in the old video games. Yugioh is simply a game that functions much better without automation.

Also wasn't the 2nd big reason we all dropped YVD was that we would no longer have to worry about downloads and updates? Like I don't understand the appeal of this program at all.

The appeal is that people who don't know how to play enjoy the rules-enforcement the program provides. I have no idea why anyone would want to use it for something serious.

»Tygo    14313

Honestly, I'm not even a part of this war and I want to fight for them to be able to play on DN over this garbage. You know something is going to be clicked wrong, a chain won't function the way it should, or something that will start a huge fucking problem. Especially because it's Bodan and Hoban, they'll fight tooth and nail saying it was some bullshit that gave them the win because it's probably one of the only ways those two would lose.

• Upvote 2

Soul    8021

Honestly, I'm not even a part of this war and I want to fight for them to be able to play on DN over this garbage. You know something is going to be clicked wrong, a chain won't function the way it should, or something that will start a huge fucking problem. Especially because it's Bodan and Hoban, they'll fight tooth and nail saying it was some bullshit that gave them the win because it's probably one of the only ways those two would lose.

Yeah I mean, because ygo is such a great game. It could also lead to their victory you know? In which case it'd also be a bad thing? It's just a terrible idea in general, and I'd sooner have Bodan and Pat cut from the team than force people on over to devpro.

NB96    798

just curious, on the apple version can you delete decks on deck edit? i checked everywhere but couldn't find a way to do it

also is it me or is mind crush bugged on there too, couldnt call satellarknight altair for the life of me it just wouldnt show up urgh

Yune    240

There is a very notable bug present.

If you summon a monster that triggers a monster in your hand (like Kagetokage, Star Seraph Sovereign), your opponent is asked to respond to the summon with things like Torrential before you decide to activate the Kage. If they don't and you don't have the Kage, the summon response window is over.

Made Torrential vs Star Seraphs the worst mindgame ever when it shouldn't ever be.

i haven't found anything unless you like correlate it so you both pool at the same time, so prob not

also one thing i found about the app that kinda sucks (idk if this is how ygopro is in general) is they're playing with the ocg rule of order of triggers not mattering. one thing that happened the other day that i lost because of was that we were in a qli mirror and i had a set drain. he has helix with saqliphort and tribute summons disk over it. he's able to make helix a higher chain link than disk in the chain which isn't supposed to be a thing because of the tcg triggered first rule, so i wasn't able to drain because it would die before disk resolved.

rumple4skin    5

not sure if they ever changed the rulings on there for tcg but when the last time i played royal command negated all effs of shaddolls and things like COTH vs mst still work for artifacts or anything having to do with card effs leaving the required location to use eff. the royal command thing is w/e i doubt anyone would side it but still someone should test the rulings on devpro