Laser Cat

Tokyo Ghoul and Tokyo Ghoul:re

Laser Cat    5611

Who else reads these manga?  I'm really enjoying them (look forward to the weekly release as much as one piece at this point) and highly reccomend people to take a look.

(oh, if you do read this, first 10 chapters in Tokyo Ghoul are pretty overly pretentious, but it gets much better very quickly).

+Urthor    10230

Tokyo Ghoul was fine apart from ending at a random point for no apparent reason.  

• Upvote 1

Plsnobully    776

I started reading Tokyo Ghoul earlier today, I'm on chapter 27 right now and it's only 'okay' for me. I'm not really understanding much about it, but I hope they explain more as they get further into the story.

Laser Cat    5611

Tokyo Ghoul was fine apart from ending at a random point for no apparent reason.  

There is a sequel (Tokyo Ghoul:re).

Laser Cat    5611

The final page of chapter 12 was fucking hilarious.

[spoiler]

u020.jpg?v=11420939081

[/spoiler]

• Upvote 1

+Urthor    10230

You're getting a little too fanboy Boosh.

The last few chapters of re: have been pretty weak

Laser Cat    5611

I was thinking of watching the anime, but I after I realized they didn't show one of the more sadistic moments in the manga (where kaneki breaks half the bones in ayato's body) I don't think I would enjoy it that much. 

+Urthor    10230

Following the plot atm is the biggest pain in the ass

There's just SUCH a flood of characters, it's so hard to remember names and faces.  Then I'm like what, One Eyed Owl, where, is that the One Eyed Owl's body, holy shit didn't recognise it

Manga is also going overboard with the amount of ink on the page tbh

Telvin123    387

Following the plot atm is the biggest pain in the ass

There's just SUCH a flood of characters, it's so hard to remember names and faces.

I thought I was the only one lol

Laser Cat    5611

I just assume 90% of the ccg is fodder.

It has been a lot harder to follow though. 

+Urthor    10230

The wiki's really detailed though, which is pretty good because you really need it

+Urthor    10230

The last 20 chapters of this have been actually excellent, like truly beyond belief excellent.

I've always thought that ending a manga is far, far harder than starting it, writing beginnings is easy because you're unconstrained, writing the middle and the end is far harder because making it feel natural vis a vis what you have already established is apparently way to fucking much for Tite Kubo, Mishimoto and others.

Tokyo Ghoul, after a slow start to Re, has honestly hit the high notes with the reveal saga so far.  Everything about these reveal chapters has been written, so, so well.  

Also stolen from reddit

Eto dying like a fucking boss. Hirako resigning like a fucking boss. And now Kaneki Ken is the fucking boss.