Sign in to follow this  
Nidoqueen

Reasoning - Ruling Question (I don't even know where to post this.

Nidoqueen    146

Hey,

First of all, sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong section.

I'm having a few questions about Reasoning VS Ghostricks:

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Reasoning

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Ghostrick_Jiangshi

Reasoning: "[...] a monster that can be Normal Summoned/Set."

Ghostricks: "Cannot be Normal Summoned, unless you control a "Ghostrick" monster."

_ First case:

I have no face-up Ghostrick monster. I activate Reasoning and my opponent declares 4.

Jiangshi is revealed. Since I cannot Normal Summon it (gamestate + card text) but I can set it, will it be Special Summoned?

_ Second case:

I have a face-up Ghostrick monster. I activate Reasoning and my opponent declares 4.

Jiangshi is revealed. I could Normal Summon or Set Jiangshi in that case. But will it be Special Summoned or not?

The true "goal" of the questions is:

"Does Reasoning care about the Monster Card's text or if the gamestate allows the monster to be Normal Summoned or Set (or both)?"

Thanks a lot!

Virtuoso    104

the "/" in this card text implies "or" not "and". the most recent errata dictates that if the card can be normal set, but not normal summoned, you are allowed to special summon it, assuming it can also be special summoned

Out of Date
Notes
  1.  This card's latest errata states that you also stop picking up (excavating) cards if you pick up a monster that can beNormal Set.
  • Upvote 2

Nidoqueen    146

the "/" in this card text implies "or" not "and". the most recent errata dictates that if the card can be normal set, but not normal summoned, you are allowed to special summon it, assuming it can also be special summoned

Out of Date
Notes
  1.  This card's latest errata states that you also stop picking up (excavating) cards if you pick up a monster that can beNormal Set.

Thanks a lot!