.ben.

Destiny

».ben.    7438

TLW has greater DPS at midrange...which is like the vast majority of your engagements.

That said, I still prefer Thorn

JustBeKrillin    375

DPS doesn't mean much off paper if your in a 2v1 scenario 90% of the time. In destiny, the way to play is with a team and every sticks together in groups of 2 or more. Good teams can handle TLW without any real problem. Playing randoms online and you aren't with a dedicated team or not versing a team that communicates TLW will do fine and probably be a good option for sure, you can then pick your arrangements and aim for those 1v1s all day. But that isnt the reality all the time.

• Downvote 2

Darthflaw    124

While it's true that Hawkmoon is objectively the better Handcannon, it's only a Playstation exclusive, which is relevant if you happen to play on the Xbox. Disregarding that, saying TLW is the worst exotic Hand Cannon is a bit of a stretch. As Ben said, when playing PvP it has the best damage over medium ranges, and maintains a very fast(3.5-4 bullet) kill rate even at close range. 

I'm not one to make assumptions, but I'm beginning think you've never actually played Destiny's PvP, if you think the only way to play is "roll with a team" and the majority of your encounters are 2v1s. First you claimed one of the hands down best Pulse Rifles for PVP isn't good in the Iron Banner(you were wrong by the way), and now this. Plus all that dick measuring and "my internet sucks" excuse making you were doing before? Seriously. Give it a rest, please.

• Upvote 1

».ben.    7438
Obsidian mind engram! 1 helmet left!!!

Laser Cat    5611

While it's true that Hawkmoon is objectively the better Handcannon, it's only a Playstation exclusive, which is relevant if you happen to play on the Xbox. Disregarding that, saying TLW is the worst exotic Hand Cannon is a bit of a stretch. As Ben said, when playing PvP it has the best damage over medium ranges, and maintains a very fast(3.5-4 bullet) kill rate even at close range. 

I'm not one to make assumptions, but I'm beginning think you've never actually played Destiny's PvP, if you think the only way to play is "roll with a team" and the majority of your encounters are 2v1s. First you claimed one of the hands down best Pulse Rifles for PVP isn't good in the Iron Banner(you were wrong by the way), and now this. Plus all that dick measuring and "my internet sucks" excuse making you were doing before? Seriously. Give it a rest, please.

It's not worth arguing with him over pvp stuff, he has no idea what he's talking.  He literally barely breaks a 1.0 and still thinks he's hot shit.

• Downvote 1

Laser Cat    5611

Yo boosh get a ps4 braH

I need ur wizdoms

Money man =(.

HOWEVER, I do have a pretty good friend on xbox 1 who got it recently on ps4 as well.  He can be somewhat selective about the people he plays with (he really hates drama), but I highly doubt he would have any issue with you.  Next time he's online I'll see if he could help you with the raids and stuff. 

Laser Cat    5611

yeah but i would rather have u

sell that greenbox and move in wit me

with all the problems it's been giving me lately, it may end up falling through a 2nd story window pretty soon.

so yeah, there is a chance of me getting the ps4 in the near future lol.

in other news, i finally bought the expansion after so long, jeez even at lv29 the eris morn missions are freaking hard

I suck at crucible lol, 1 kill after every 10 or so deaths but i need dat juju

also decided to complete some bounties, I'm trying to restart the black garden mission (pressing square or w/e) but everytime I end up in the same place I was last.  Any help on that?

Laser Cat    5611

GOT THE BAD JUJU

AND IM STILL SHIT AT CRUCIBLE

Don't know how much better hawkmoon is than thorn or last word, but if you have that (or thorn or last word) then trying using that in crucible.  I pretty much only use last word in crucible at this point and tend to do pretty well. 

• Downvote 1

GOT THE BAD JUJU

Don't know how much better hawkmoon is than thorn or last word, but if you have that (or thorn or last word) then trying using that in crucible.  I pretty much only use last word in crucible at this point and tend to do pretty well. 

Thorn was available in the selection of exotic bounties but I already got the ice breaker and wanted a primary exotic

Laser Cat    5611

GOT THE BAD JUJU

Thorn was available in the selection of exotic bounties but I already got the ice breaker and wanted a primary exotic

er, thorn is a primary exotic too lol.

».ben.    7438

Bad Juju is crappy in PvP because it's impact is awful. 

It has ungodly stability for a pulse rifle though - and if String of Curses is activated, you can do a TON of damage PvE. Among the top 5 in DPS IIRC.

GOT THE BAD JUJU

It's a shotgun right?

Shotguns are special

Laser Cat    5611

GOT THE BAD JUJU

It's a shotgun right?

Shotguns are special

handcannon (the exotic bounty shotgun is the Invective)

bad juju is a beast in pve though (and is also decent in pvp, although thorn is better in pvp (but much shittier in pve))

Forlum    9162
Whoa what guys since they nerfed apr just use send it on the juju and stay way the fuck back its like a full auto scout rifle

I was in iron banner tho...but as a 31 with the juju only half upgraded lol

Forlum    9162
(Its not actually full auto it just has a high rate of fire)
Yeah so you should only have to reload a juju once every three enemy interactions

String of curses <3

».ben.    7438

FYI for those who don't reddit frequently - Xur has some great shrimp on sale today:

Perfect roll Crest of Alpha Lupi (Hunter)

Excellent roll Armamentarium

Near-perfect roll Apotheosis Veil 

Excellent roll Obsidian Mind

CoAL is pretty worthless, but 170 intellect is amazing.

Armamentarium is amazing and it's in the A-tier rolls.

Apotheosis Veil is pretty much useful only in Crota HM (and maybe PvP) and about as close to an S-tier roll as you'll find.

Also Ruin Wings and Symbiote, both of which haven't been sold in 2+ months.

And MIDA which hasn't been sold in about 5 months.