PSK

Mafia Rankings

143 posts in this topic

Man the salt is so real lol

Seriously who gives a fuck. The system was designed to promote activity not to determine the best player. In that regard. Im glad i won because its making ppl actually be karen about it, but if thats the case, contribute, play and win and make sure i dont win it again. It is really kind of pathetic that ppl are trying to discredit it just because i got it when ppl didnt expect it. Like if it was literally anyone else this bitchfest doesn't happen

I'm not salty, I'm saying I don't like the name. and I'm saying if you guys want a perfect system there's probably better ways. I have no opinion on you winning whatsoever because I've been inactive
Ftr i wasnt just referring to you more pf a general comment

Idt the name matters but i thought ypur comment on it was taking a shot

Yea its like i said in the beg i think their could be a better system but this was always a trial run
Only shots I'm firing are 3 pointers in current game boi

And yeah trials still need to be evaluated

Got first at Gencons Resistance event at Gencon and I'm their World Champion for 2015.

How many points does that net me?

Doesn't matter that no one else showed up. >.>

Was my game the first of season 3?

I also can't edit spreadsheet from mobile and I can't use my computer atm

idk I need to catch up on all this when I have time. don't worry about it atm

So with the help of Allen, the ELO system for mafia is finished. 

Here is the calculations 

[spoiler]

Step 1: Make a list of the players in the winning faction and another list of players in the losing factions. Call these list A and list B, respectively.

Step 2: Average together the ratings of the players in lists A and B. Call these rating A and rating B (referring to as just A and B in the next step).

Step 3: Let E = 1/(1+10^((B-A)/400)))

Step 4: Let P = K*N/2*E, where N is the number of players in the game, and K is a predetermined value (known as the K-value). K = 20.

Step 5: Take P, evenly divide it among the players in list A, and add it to their ratings.

Step 6: Take P, evenly divide it among the players in list B, and subtract it from their ratings.

[/spoiler]

In laymen's terms, 

The winning faction will gain ELO points, the losing faction will lose ELO points. In the long run, the best individual players will have the highest ranking so don't worry about that initially ie the idea that bad players that roll town will have a higher ranking than good players that roll maf. The points gained are based on the the averages of the ELO of the faction. 

Other things

In order for this system to be fair, games that are counted for it can only have two factions (town and mafia). Obv these games have to be approved and checked for balance. 

Im pretty sure we can award extra ELO for MVP, HM etc... 

Modkills are an issue that either need to be eliminated completely or have to have a penalty severe enough to discourage them. 

I'll set up a google doc for the initial game, but ideally 15 players would be the min for a game to count as ranked. 

In order to discourage the rei rule, I am tempted that the n1 kill be removed from the pool of calculation. This will incentivize scum teams to keep good players alive for at least one day and also negate some of the day 2 alive = scum bs, but I'll hear ppl out on this. 

Modkill = no points if your faction wins, lose points like the rest of the team if they lose.

Ratings start at 100?

13 hours ago, my bloody arcanine said:

who's updating this?

Me. We have only had 1 ranked game under the new aystem so theres not much to do so far (mod asked me not to count the game in between matrix games due to balance concerns) 

no idea what ppl want to do about the last game given the # of ways it was fucked up in terms of how it was ran but it makes no difference to me.

also join the survivor game

Tyranno would be top if this was still going

Send tyranno to mafia world

Bring this back

Here is my suggestion. I can explain why I think all this, and while it's not perfect I think it hits a lot of different things at once, but I'll just put it out here:

- Have the Mafioso decide for 1 MVP and a 2 HM for each month (look at when the games start to decide in which month they'll be)
- MVP gives 2 points. HM gives 1 point.

Example:

End of year Rankings:

1. Player A | 10 points | (3x MVP 4x HM)
2. Player B | 9 points | (4x MVP 1x HM)
Etc.

Then the player who wins will receive the Mafia God title for the next year.

This is a combination of:

- Skill
- Promoting activity
- Excitement / giving everyone a fair chance 

This assumes the Mafioso have the time to do this (Not sure about this, it does require them to read all games, but if we trust hosts on being competent they can also have a quick look at the aftergame threads and see the MVP/HM's/what the hosts say etc.). And also there may be the problem of mafioso playing and having to reward their own play (obviously you would want to give yourself more points, so it requires to be objective about your own play. Could be solved by having to vote people and not being able to vote yourself).

As for deciding who gets MVP/HM each game, that should not be result-oriented, but it should be based on someone's play in the games during that time. No it's not necessarily about surviving, winning, or getting MVP, but it's about how good you played (which is basically the same as winning with your team, except without the variance and the memes, because you'd need to play 1000+ games to have a large enough sample size to really dictate which player is "better" than the other based on how often your team wins, especially if you consider most of the games you'll be in the same team, so it's entirely possible for 2 players to be on the same team for almost the entire year and receive the same ranking, which is obviously ridiculous as it doesn't say which of the 2 is better at all).

It is not intended to be a "perfect" system, but I think it would be very interesting to implement this. 

thats basically what the original system was iirc