PSK

Meta Discussion

»ACP    33398

Honestly I feel like something that we should do is keep track on how often people get subbed out/modkilled. Because if I was hosting a game of mafia and found out that you asked to be subbed out in 60% of the games that you played in, I would just not let you play.

• Upvote 3

Jazz    5066
19 minutes ago, PSK said:

if you dont actually sub them then people will be crying for subs just to get some attention off themselves

Can't you just modkill them for doing that?

I think giving people subs in an obvious salt situation is bad precedent for the section.

• Upvote 1

+PSK    4336
24 minutes ago, Jazz said:

I think giving people subs in an obvious salt situation is bad precedent for the section.

If we modkill people that are just feigning salt then we will get bitched out.

Sadly there's very little you can do to change someone's personality. If they're going to be a little bitch subbing out because they can't handle the game, there's nothing you can really do to stop that other than dissuade it in future (If they're willing to sub out then they don't give a fuck about that game so why would they care about modkill?) so I think Allen's idea is the best in not allowing them to play in future. Honestly wouldn't mind disallowing people from entering the following game from a game in which they requested a sub. Seems fine as long as our playerbase stays at this size. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jazz said:

Honestly the solution is to just prevent certain players from playing especially if the join just to float. 

As for rage quits, I'm fine with it. The sub gets put in a shitty position but thats essentially why they signed up as a sub rather than the main game. If the main game filled completely, it'd be different but otherwise subs take what they get imo 

• Upvote 1

mark    3105
4 hours ago, Jazz said:

@mark The fact that you felt you needed to spam the actual mafia thread with 8 duplicate posts to make your argument should tell you how bad your argument actually is.

Nah I'm just fucking with you. 

• Upvote 1

Jazz    5066

Wait WTF I thought vote sniping was frowned upon and discouraged?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

+Gemstone Mine    2590

not a chance in hell.

Adds skill and potential options for both town and scum, why would we discourage it?

• Upvote 2

Jazz    5066

If by adds skill you mean games are decided based on whether I'm busy living my life from 3:55pm-4:00pm then sure it's super fucking skillful

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Jazz    5066

I read the first couple pages of this thread and assumed DGZ discouraged vote sniping and that it was basically banned:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Faint    5711

new rule: when jazz mis-reads/ misinterprets a rule and posts about it on d1 he gets modkilled ;-)

• Upvote 4

Jazz    5066

Sniping is literally a side effect of playing on a forum where communication is not instant and occurs over long periods of time. It's not enjoyable and it has a major effect on the outcome of the game when in any other setting it wouldn't.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

+PSK    4336

i think we should set a time buffer before end of day that people can't vote after so as to avoid this. 

and then if people vote too close to that, i think we add another buffer before that. flawless. 

• Upvote 7

Jazz    5066
Just now, PSK said:

i think we should set a time buffer before end of day that people can't vote after so as to avoid this. 

and then if people vote too close to that, i think we add another buffer before that. flawless. 

Yes. I actually thought this was already standard practice but apparently it's not.

• Upvote 1

+JC.    4858

Jazz I think you may have misread something again.

• Upvote 3

+PSK    4336

looks like you pulled a jazz 

• Upvote 3

Jazz    5066

I didn't misread. I didn't read at all. I assumed you guys were more sophisticated and classy here but apparently you're a bunch of mafia barbarians.

• Upvote 1

Faint    5711
3 minutes ago, PSK said:

Some might even call that buffer time.... the end of the day

• Upvote 3

Jazz    5066
Just now, Faint said:

I think he meant to say a buffer during which people are not allowed to change their vote

• Upvote 1

+PSK    4336
1 minute ago, Faint said:

but what if i'm busy at end of day? pretty inconsiderate man 

• Upvote 4

+PSK    4336

this entire section is a meme

• Upvote 3

+PSK    4336
1 minute ago, Jazz said:

I think he meant to say a buffer during which people are not allowed to change their vote

nah i was just fucking with you 

• Upvote 3

Jazz    5066

1. Set a time limit

2. 1 hour before that people are allowed to change their vote only once

If you have a close vote you can literally have a scum spam vote/unvote (like what just happened in witch hunt) and it's fucking impossible to tell exactly when the last vote before the cutoff is because the forum doesn't even record the minute somebody posted. I can't even go back and verify when the posts occurred near EOD because it rounds to the nearest hour.

• Upvote 1

+PSK    4336

if you hover over the post time, it tells you the exact time. 

• Upvote 2

Jazz    5066
2 minutes ago, PSK said:

if you hover over the post time, it tells you the exact time. 

Thank you so much for telling me about this wonderful feature

• Upvote 2