Sign in to follow this  
Axle

Persona 5

Chris Buraseru    10480

I mean Catherine looked good as shit on a PS3 so I might as well save that PS4 money (also PC gamer master race). That aside, P4 is trash (Blame literally everything P4 related after P4 itself), P3 teetered into P4's jank hot mess of an extended story due to P4 related titles (COUGHARENACOUGHULTIMAXCOUGH) shitting on the characters, PQ is literally a worse Persona 1, and P2: Duality was probably the best out of the series. 

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be looking forward to (LITERALLY) SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI: Persona 5

Aaron    1979

everything persona related is fucking amazing. currently playing through P4G and feel blessed playing it.  Its as if they knew everything wrong with P3 and actually corrected it. P3 was excellent but had lots of flaws and the developers actually corrected them. Its so refreshing in the video game industry. 

P5 will be insane. I like how they've expanded and changed the gameplay to vary the dungeon crawling. I was going to delay buying a Ps4 until KH3 but I'll probably buy it for this. 

Chris Buraseru    10480

I feel bad that you actually paid for a game with Marie in it. And feel even worse that you probably have not played 1 or 2 and don't know the significance of what we just got shown here. Like this is quite literally the game that I have had wet dreams about.

Just don't play Arena or DAN is all I ask.

+rap tap    20145

also someone ripped the theme from the trailer and it's funky as shit

http://a.pomf.se/vafgbw.mp3

+Urthor    10167
Judging by the 2005 era AA at 1:46, it seems like they took the gameplay from the PS3 version and not the PS4, not a good sign.

Game certainly seems like it's set up for a 2016 release at this point, this is such a late time to be ramping up PR for a 2015 release. First gameplay is usually 18 months ahead no?

+Urthor    10167

yeah that might be true, but then idk how you have gameplay you can show people for a semi-vaporware release and have sat on it for 6 months or more.  I guess it's just Japan.

Aaron    1979

I feel bad that you actually paid for a game with Marie in it. And feel even worse that you probably have not played 1 or 2 and don't know the significance of what we just got shown here. Like this is quite literally the game that I have had wet dreams about.

I've read P1+P2 are hugely outdated and super super super grindy. Is this wrong?  If so, I'll try and give them a try, 

Kahu    2418

IIRC, P1 and P2 are basically old school Megami Tensei fair. Hard as shit until you know when, where, and how to grind.

As for Chris' arguments regarding P4...I kinda have to agree with him. 

P4's spinoff shit and extras could've been good in terms of the narrative...had they given us more insight into what the hell is going on with the world after P2. Like, if Marie's backstory had hints towards Nyarlathotep, and if Labyris' and Minazuki's shit were tied to that somehow, and PQ had characters that actually served as a potential solution to Yuuki's death problem whilst bringing Narukami's "Truth" into the mix, P4 really could've done something interesting.

Instead, we get...whatever the fuck was the mess that all those arbitrary villains were. With multiple throwbacks and character stat resets on top of that.

Not to say they're bad games. They're just..."Uh what the fuck happened." for the old fans. And it screams "ATLUS is desperate for money." Can't say I blame ATLUS since they damn near became dust before Sega bought them, but still. Kind of a disappointment.

On the bright side, P5 seems to be looking for a balance between the stylization cooks of "Persona" Atlus and "Megaten" Atlus with like some sort of weird romantic noir theme, so I kinda hope we bring some of the darker shit out of the post-P3 universe and start going back to the original Nyarlathotep vs. Philemon scenario. Oh and helping solve the whole "P3 and P4 still aren't fully resolved because the aftereffects of all that Shadow research and fallen gods is wreaking havoc" problem would be nice.

Chris Buraseru    10480

I've read P1+P2 are hugely outdated and super super super grindy. Is this wrong?  If so, I'll try and give them a try, 

Like honestly, you'd be fine watching a playthrough and carrying the story elements from 1 and 2 with you like Kahu said. There is literally so much more that P1/2 explains terms of what Persona is actually about rather than 4's Scoobying around, and 3's random bullshitting around in terms of pacing I suppose? (Don't get me wrong here, I like 3 but once again as Kahu said, PQ and the Arenas kind of shit on P3 AND P4 and left way too many loose ends, and did in a scummy way at that.)

Also, I really fucking hate S. Links. Like, REAAAAAALLY hate them.

Aaron    1979

I'm playing P4G and can only say good things about it TBH.

I had 100 complaints about Persona 3 but I've liked P4's pacing, story and characters. I've also enjoyed the faster paced social links.

I guess everyone has different tastes but I'll try and check out P1/P2. I'm just not fond of grind heavy games. 

Kahu    2418

At the very least check out an LP or read through the script for P1 and P2.

They're mucho important to understanding why the Persona world is like it is.

Also, I'm hoping Philemon and Nyarlathotep's little bet gets re-explored. With all these gods going rogue there's no way things are going to stay stable forever.

...Looking at the trailer again the style's very reminiscent of Kazuma Kaneko's work on Megaten in some of these scenes.

▲Ɐ▲    3878

this is all i care about in video games any more

it's kool that there're so many megaten elements

also the aesthetic; maybe it's just the japanese hyperurbanism & the graffiti titles, but i get a mild jet set radio feel from 'em

Chris Buraseru    10480

This game is already better than both 3 and 4 combined, and we haven't had any more info than 2 (more like 1 and a half) trailers. Also this game takes concepts from P1 and P2 and has integrated them into the gameplay already. 

RIP forever P3/4. Sorry that Atlus milked you to death and made you unenjoyable.

+rap tap    20145

at last an MC with personality 

the point of having a silent MC is to have a hole to self-insert into