Paraliel

Duelistgroundz Championship Series: Edison Registration

+Paraliel+    8032

DuelistGroundz Championship Series: Edison Registration

Tournament Organizer/Pairings : l e i l y
Rulings Committee : War Council
Dispute Committee : l e i l y

Hello Duelistgroundz! This time of year instead of doing just a Goat Tourney, we figured we'd do another special old format to give us some variety, after all variety is the spice of life and we all need to prove our skill not just in our own exclusive field of skill. So this time we are going to do Edison 2010 format, as was voted on in the Poll!

Format:

We will be operating as the game was during Edison 2010.
  • Monsters have ignition priority.
  • Field Spells are shared between players and will override each other.
  • You draw a card when going first.
  • If you do not remind your opponent to draw to 6, that is considered cheating.
Everything before the set Shining Darkness is legal.

The banlist for said tournament is : http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/March_2010_Lists_(TCG)

Decklists:

Decklists are NOT required to play in this event. You may choose to play a different deck every round if you so wish.

You may NOT change any part of your main, side, or extra deck during a round once you begin playing your opponent!

Tournament Format:

This tournament will use a Swiss pairings system. The number of rounds will be dependant on the number of participants.

After the Swiss rounds, there will be a cut to top 8. If the participants exceeds 64 players, we will cut to top 16 instead.

Each rounds will last 3 days. Special extensions may be made for holidays or tournament weekends.

Activity:

Please do not sign up for this tournament if you do not intend on being active! I want to keep the tournament running quickly and smoothly, and having to deal with activity disputes impedes this.

If both players are found to be inactive, they will both be given a match loss.

If both players are found to be active, the match will result in a draw.

If one player is found to be active and one is not, the active player will receive a match win.

If you receive 2 inactivity losses in a row, you will be dropped from the tournament.

Resolving Game Disputes:

If there is a dispute during the game and the players cannot come to an agreement, contact an admin on Dueling Network or a War Council Captain/Member.

If one player disconnects during the middle of a duel, the opponent may choose to receive the win for that game OR replay the game. The exception to this is if a player disconnects before any cards have been played OR during side decking. In that case, there will always be a replay and no game loss will be issued. If a player disconnects during game 1, both players will be able to side deck for game 2.

If a player is unable to finish the match once it is started, both players should post in the tournament results thread stating so and stating what the game count is (0-1, 1-0, 1-1, etc.). Failure to finish a match may result in an inactivity loss. You may NOT change anything about your deck for the round once you and your opponent have started playing the match, even if you finish part of the match at a later time. Since deck lists are not required we will be following the "Don't be a faggot system" (you may know it as the honor system).

What to do once Pairings are posted:

Contact your opponent ASAP. Send them a PM on DuelistGroundz and ask them what times they are available to play, and state what times you are available to play.

Add them to your Dueling Network friends list.

Message your opponent when they are online. Tell them who you are and that you want to play for the DCS.

Play your match!

Report the results of the match in the results thread. Both players should report the results to ensure accuracy.

Prize:

The winner will receive the Member Title of Black Bomber similar to the Goat Controller Member Title received during the Goat Tournament.

How to Register:

Post your information EXACTLY like this. I'm serious. If you don't post it EXACTLY like I'm going to show you then I'm going to ignore it until you post again and fix it. It should look EXACTLY like this:

DuelistGroundz User Name  - Dueling Network User Name - Time Zone You Live In

Registration will end on Monday, March 2nd at 11:59 PM EST. Round 1 will begin Tuesday, March 3rd 12:15 AM EST.

Good luck! If you have any questions either post in this thread or send me a PM.

Participants:

1) Philippsarsenal - TheyTryAndBanPhilipp - PST (mostly) , CST (from March 10-20) 

2) captainameowica - keeperofthestars - EST

3) wrw.Chrono  - theDoctor296 - CST

4) Shadowstorm - Storm Surge - EST

5) l e i l y - l e i l y - EST

6) Mascis - Mascis - EST

7) Doodlebug - LeonHarte - EST

8) Foam - Fiammazure - UTC+1

9) Digbick - 3.33 - pst

10) HououinKyouma - hkyouma - PST

11) itswhatever - fike6 - CST

12) Wumbologist - Wumbologist - PST 

13) Exiled - Exiled - MST 

14) Gojira - godzillafan - CST

15) Dramus18 - Vidolin - PST

16) Living Legend - ViSiOnS - EST 

17) nippie - nippie - cst 

18) Nish - Nishimaster - UTC+0

19) Kennyk - kennyk - est 

20) White-bordered swamp - acpennington - EST

21) RyanJavery - RyanJavery - EST

22) SparkyFlary - SparkyFlary - PST

23) Sharpman - Sharpman - gmt-4

24) TFJ - Runity - CST

25) Semaj - Semaj - MST until daylight savings, then i'll be PST

26) 7hhzz7 - 7hhzz7 - PST 

27) harig07 - GardinerLad - UTC+0

28) Death - Whooping Fart Balls - GMT+0

29) Zeh - Zeh - EST

30) Jazz - JazzDgz - EST

31) Bazaar of Baghdad - trynet - EST

32) yzan424 - yzan424 - EST

33) theamatuer - theamatuer - PST

34) Gemstone Mine - betteronpaper - CST

35) Ghost-k - Ghost-k - PST

36) Squiddy - Squiddy - PST-7
37) Sykotic - LILB"THEBASEDGOD" - EST
38) xcloud   -    !             Xcloud    -   UTC / GMT +1
39) InfusionsCap - InfusionsCap - EST
40) RavensAnger - RavensAnger - EST
41) Urthor - Urthor - AEST
42) Zappdos- rtothezappicky- est.
43) squids~ squids~ EST
44) bodan sevenfeld gmt+10
45) biki - dgz/biki - gmt
  • Upvote 4

»canasian    4105

In case there's anybody out there who doesn't have this link bookmarked, here's the top 16 decklists from the one YCS played under this format: https://yugiohblog.konami.com/?p=2327

Not signing up because I'll be on a mountain for the first two rounds of this

Never played during Edison Format but I am down. 

Philippsarsenal - TheyTryAndBanPhilipp - PST (mostly) , CST (from March 10-20) 

+Mascis    4558

Mascis - Mascis - EST

this time i'm not gonna play that stupid deck dale bellido hyped up

also there isn't a registration line all the way around the building so fuck yeah 

i'll win this event to make up for not winning edison five years ago

fuck you jeff jones! 

Foam    25

Foam - Fiammazure - UTC+1

»Digbick    7262
Helo

Digbick - 3.33 - pst

»ACP    33421

White-bordered swamp - acpennington - EST

Most of us aren't retarded but you might want to mention ruling differences in the OP, ie you draw a card for going first, monsters have ignition priority, etc.