scuzzlebutt

SMASH@DGZ LIVE 1.5!!! WOW DENNIS FROGMAN PRESENT

+scuzzlebutt    23495

duelistgroundz.com's finest ladies and gentlemen (and urthor) presents
SMASH @ DGz LIVE #1.5:
THEE premier online smash wii u tournament series of the yugioh community

IqN0hRr.jpg

you will need an account with both Challonge and Anther's Ladder to play in this tournament. go get both of those things now if you don't have them

this will be a live double-elimination online tournament hosted and possibly even streamed by the dope website DUELiSTGROUNDZ DOT COM. there will be a mandatory check-in starting at 10:00 AM EASTERN TIME on SUNDAY, MARCH 29 OF THE YEAR 2015 before the tournament begins at NOON EASTERN TiME

you will view the bracket on challonge here and report to the chat room on anther's ladder here  to communicate with your opponents. players can report the outcomes of the matches themselves via challonge

even if you don't play, you can support these tournaments by checking out the OFFICIAL TOURNAMENT STREAM courtesy of DENNiS FROGMAN starting at NOON EASTERN TiME on SUNDAY, MARCH 29 OF THE YEAR 2015

WHEN YOU REGiSTER FOR THE TOURNAMENT HERE, YOU MUST ENTER THE FOLLOWiNG iNFORMATION EXACTLY AS FOLLOWS iN THE ALTERNATE NAME FiELD:
gamertag / NNID / challonge username / anthers ladder username
IF YOU DO NOT YOU WILL BE DROPPED FROM THE TOURNAMENT AND LAUGHED AT

registration is free. the winner of this tournament will receive one all-expenses paid #RARE MEGA MAN AMiiBO

house rules are evo rules:

• 2 Stock, 5 Minute Time Limit, Items Off, Equipment Off, 2/3 Games (3/5 Games for Grand Finals)
  • Custom moves are allowed.
  • Starter stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Lylat Cruise, Town & City
  • Counter-pick stages: Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, Duck Hunt, Halberd
  • Winning player is not locked into the same character for the next match, but has to pick before loser selects character.
  • You may not choose a stage you have already won on unless mutually agreed to.
  • Players will add each other's NNID in order to play against each other.

+scuzzlebutt    23495
DISCLAIMER I DO NOT KNOW WHAT I AM DOING
  • Upvote 1

»Logic    2033
if I had a real pc I would do this.

You really should gauge PM interest for this too. I dont love it any more than you do But its so much more accessible.

+scuzzlebutt    23495
i would prefer to cultivate as few non melee games as possible. pm is fine but people looking for alternatives to melee should really be playing sm4sh right now

not to mention this is dgz, the last place anyone should expect any sympathy for not wanting to put in the raw hours to be able to compete in one of the richest deepest games ever made

+scuzzlebutt    23495
POSTPONED SO I CAN POST ON SWF AND ANTHERS LADDER N GET MORE PEEPS

+scuzzlebutt    23495
U GUYS SUCK

+scuzzlebutt    23495
ye its never going to be the same as playing in person but getting the opportunity to think out interactions can still b valuable practice especially for dgzers who might not be fully integrated into their local communities yet

plus most of our smashers so far seem to be ECers or near there (fuk the queen usa usa etc)

if you've got ec players on dg then that's super cool. i struggle to get even half playable games with anyone not in the UK. eu games are just sad with 5+ buffer. 1 or go home.

+scuzzlebutt    23495

aight FUCK melee we about SM4SH NOW

+scuzzlebutt    23495

if u don't sign up for this tournament im gonna laugh at u personally

+Urthor    10229

I don't actually play and there's something called intercontinental lag so don't even try Ca$h, but if custom moves are made tournament legal then that's very impressive on the part of the smash community

+scuzzlebutt    23495
if u are signing up via this thread b sure to post your tag / what u want to be entered into bracket as if its diff than ur dg name

+scuzzlebutt    23495

I don't actually play and there's something called intercontinental lag so don't even try Ca$h, but if custom moves are made tournament legal then that's very impressive on the part of the smash community

legal for evo legal for dgz

if melee picks up i swear to god ill make u nerds play with poke floats legal too

save melee free poke floats
  • Upvote 1

Facebook    70

yo I'm in

Ammit    5159

legal for evo legal for dgz

if melee picks up i swear to god ill make u nerds play with poke floats legal too

save melee free poke floats

i played an all low tier poke floats game with friends and it was something else. also wish i had a wii u and not just 3ds

+scuzzlebutt    23495

are 3ds tournaments a thing too? i could alternate between those and do a 3ds one for the next live etc

Facebook    70

are 3ds tournaments a thing too? i could alternate between those and do a 3ds one for the next live etc

it's pretty sketchy because the circle pads break very easily. There were 3DS tourneys at apex though. btw my NNID is dominature

iDunnoBro    822

NNID: Dunnobro / Localstreetyouth (Current NNID)

Switching Wii Us with xanadu participants for a while to help with customs unlocking for the monthly.

+scuzzlebutt    23495

alright google, nate1080, and dunnobro have been entered into the bracket. you can exchange NNIDs here or in the challonge discussion page here. i started the tournament to close registration and lock the bracket in, but the tournament doesn't officially start till 12PM today saturday march the 21st eastern time

dont be inactive or u'll get dropped or w/e

i am going to go eat at subway to give ppl some time to start their games before trying to get the stream up and running