• Announcements

• rei

Battle of the Anime Characters   02/10/17

THE BATTLE OF THE ANIME CHARACTERS HAS BEGUN   Find it here http://duelistgroundz.com/index.php?/forum/615-battle-of-the-anime-x/
Gojira

Locked my keys in my car

20 posts in this topic

It's freezing outside, so I go to start my car, close the door, and it just locks itself.

Does anyone know how to break into a car? I don't want to have to call a locksmith/lose a full tank of gas.

You can do it by possibly ruining your window regulator by getting a slim, slim, slim piece of metal and sliding it between the glass and the door. Or you can get a wedge and force your door open partially and snake a coat hanger to hit the unlock.

I've done the second one before and luckily didn't damage my door. You're honestly best off calling a locksmith.

break the window? xD unless you have a lockpick set. Or just call Triple A or whatever you have out there. Where im from the get there fast

its considered a safety hazard to drive with a shattered windshield and insurance has to cover it for free. if you can manage to break a hole in it you can probably get insurance to fix it. just tell them you parked your car on the driveway and then a random deer came out of nowhere and broke into your car and stole your radio

maybe they'll give you a new radio too

Call a locksmith.

Break your window if you don't mind replacing it.

Make sure all of your doors are locked, not just the driver's.

Make sure trunk is locked, sometimes there are ways to get from trunk to main part of car.

Yeah i gave up and called AAA. Thanks guys. I might've done the wedge option, but I didn't have something usable to do it with.

its considered a safety hazard to drive with a shattered windshield and insurance has to cover it for free. if you can manage to break a hole in it you can probably get insurance to fix it. just tell them you parked your car on the driveway and then a random deer came out of nowhere and broke into your car and stole your radio

THis is awful advice
1: They wont cover it if it doesn't reach your deductible.
2: This will increase your premiums. Calling a locksmith or similar will not

Fuck, that would only be covered under comprehensive which isn't even a legal requirement.

Why not take a cab home and get your spare key? o.o
Otherwise roadside assistance programs may have your back which is why signing up for them is a good idea.

did you see the part where i suggested he tell them that the deer stole his radio

THis is awful advice
1: They wont cover it if it doesn't reach your deductible.
2: This will increase your premiums. Calling a locksmith or similar will not

Fuck, that would only be covered under comprehensive which isn't even a legal requirement.

Why not take a cab home and get your spare key? o.o
Otherwise roadside assistance programs may have your back which is why signing up for them is a good idea.

I'm actually at home, but I think I left my spare key at my parent's house...

Turns out AAA might actually cover it, I didn't think I had that.

AAA are solid (as are CAA up here) - I'll be signing up once the roadside assistance that came iwth my car is gone

Damn Gojira, ur car troubles )-:

Hope AAA has ur back.

Yeah AAA is pretty fast, they rolled my back window down somehow.

Looks like my violin instructor isn't hearing any excuses for missing today's class though, he seems pretty pissed.

life happens tell him to fuck off

AAA should most certainly cover it. I had the same issue and they came to open my door. As long as you haven't used many of your free road side services it should be free.

iamRatedR opened my car by pressing his hands against the window and pulling down lol! that's when i locked my keys in the boot at pokenats.

iamRatedR opened my car by pressing his hands against the window and pulling down lol! that's when i locked my keys in the boot at pokenats.

....how?

Where can I obtain this power?

one time i locked my keys in the car while running while going to a mtg tournament. where you parked by the store was on a busy road and i saw an opening in traffic and didn't turn my car off and just instinctively hit lock when i got out and shut my door, wound up having to call aaa to come but they were great.

one time i locked my keys in my car by my ex's house, and there were a few hispanics around and since generally my mexican coworkers tended to be pretty handy with cars (no shit, stereotypes) i decided to ask the hispanic guys for help. the group of 2 turned into 5 and they were running back to their apts for coat hangers and such, in a matter of 20 minutes or so, probably less, my door was open again. good day.