ACP

PSA Regarding Agreeing to Side Various Cards

55 posts in this topic

Heres a tip,
If you are playing performage magicians and your opponent is playing pure magicians, zefra or qli DO NOT agree to side out wavering if they offer.
I watched a DN match with yang zing vs performage and the yang zing player was able to convince his opponent to side out wavering with him -_-.
Your deck decision (performage) is loosely based off of having more interaction with playing around wavering eyes, especially if you play another rank 4 engine that does not depend on pend summons (instant+brilliant+jigabyte).

You also need that wavering in deck to trigger plushfire, they get very few bonuses from wavering except qlis ability to search a scout or magicians getting to a kirin.
And if you are playing a mirror match, g1 assess how versatile their deck is. If it is versatile but yours isn't, then ask to side it out. If your deck has more options than theirs then keep it in.

TLDR; People who have agreed to side out wavering have already been bamboozled on a deeper level already.
Ive seen it first hand by watching a zefra yang zing player convince a performage player to mutually side out wavering eyes.

Why would you ever agree to side it out? In the interest of 'fairness'? Fuck that, keep it in, win the game and move on. 

The one that makes me laugh/cry the most is the people who do the deck profiles and openly admit to having Emptiness in their sides purely so they can ask opponents to side it out. I dunno, I could understand it a bit when Sixth Sense was legal as that card was so dumb with little to no good answers in the format, but both Wavering and Emptiness have legit answers in most decks these days. Also as pointed out, yeah if you're playing Performage then don't side it when your deck is the one that gains the biggest benefit from it.

I guess this is why most Yugioh players have trust problems.

I guess this is why most Yugioh players have trust problems.

Bringing this thread back without further discussion wasn't necessary

The one that makes me laugh/cry the most is the people who do the deck profiles and openly admit to having Emptiness in their sides purely so they can ask opponents to side it out. I dunno, I could understand it a bit when Sixth Sense was legal as that card was so dumb with little to no good answers in the format, but both Wavering and Emptiness have legit answers in most decks these days. Also as pointed out, yeah if you're playing Performage then don't side it when your deck is the one that gains the biggest benefit from it.

I did the Vanity's one back in WCQ of Nekroz because anybody who played knew that was the only retarded card in the mirror. I'd have preferred to play without it and also honored my opponents decision to not keep it in the side (nobody had a problem with keeping it in the side though).