fractal

Official 2015-2016 NFL Season Thread

confuse ray    4214

This team suck tonight. I can't see Denver losing by less than 14 against an NFC team though... not like the Pats would do any better.

In your face again Joe!
  • Upvote 1

Silver    960

CBS commentating is garbo

Von Millers defense won a championship

Peyton cant even throw the ball at this point lmao. Hes a corpse in a Denver Broncos jersey that can hand it off to a running back

lmao at Eli face when they scored the touchdown XD

• Downvote 1

Top_LADD    392
Cam not going in to recover that fumble was atrocious. This is the biggest game of your career, and you can't guarantee you'll ever be back. Why don't you go after that ball and try to at least give your team a chance to stop them from recovering and getting an easy touchdown?

confuse ray    4214
It's only fitting Peyton gets to go out on top after all he's been through and all the hate he's gotten over the years. The opening drive was pretty vintage but he didn't have to do much the rest of the way, just let the defense carry you to a win. The interception was bad but the strip was a good play on the panthers part; don't forget how good their defense is.

Pretty satisfied. Demarcus Ware gets a ring and Von miller most likely gets mvp. poetic justice and so damn fitting

confuse ray    4214

I feel like no one will agree with me saying this since I am biased and all but that game was very unentertaining.

It was an ugly game no doubt, but it was pretty close the whole way through which was entertaining. Can't really ask for more than that. 

this. carolina was 1 td away the majority of the game

Wild Caniac    421
Agreed that it was close all game. I didn't expect a double digit difference on either side. So that sucks even more. I feel pretty numb right now but I feel that the 2015 team is better than the 2003 team in that they are built for multiple Super Bowl opportunities.

Mutavault    2900

Waaaaaaayyyyyyy too many penalties for a Superbowl Game. Cam gave it up he had no heart left. This game was really gross though, Cam played like trash first quarter then found a rhythm and then a big turnover crushed that momentum. He made multiple mistakes his receivers didn't catch anything and Broncos just put on the pressure. Peyton could have been anyone solid and this would have been the same outcome. That defense was incredible and Miller better get the MVP.

Samuel Pedigo    2203

I feel like no one will agree with me saying this since I am biased and all but that game was very unentertaining.

I do understand that defense isn't entertaining unless it's yours, but be thankful; the '13 Broncos literally didn't even give fans 1 snap of enjoyment and, as you said, Panthers are built to be back. GG.

--

No team has won (and probably played in) more close games than DEN this year. I'd be surprised if there's ever been a more entertaining team, for fans of that team, from Week 1 to the Super Bowl.

These last five years, in general, have really been a ride. Surprisingly I don't think it could've worked out any better. The Broncos weren't winning in '13 due to the Doom contract fiasco, injuries (Clady, Von, CHJ etc), and the Seattle D or '14 because Manning lost his abilities but the team was still relying on him. Could've, should've, won in '12 but then I don't think we don't end up with this year's D (including perhaps Ware, who is the #1 reason for Von becoming SB50 MVP). By winning this year, Elway earns a lot of credit for building an awesome defense and delivering Manning a championship (both of which help in future recruiting), and the Broncos have a QB who learned from Manning and ended up with some valuable experience before inheriting the starting job and a lot of awesome defensive players (it won't be the same D since so many contracts are up).

500th post! Go Broncos!

Medb    772

No team has won (and probably played in) more close games than DEN this year.

The Ravens had all but 2 games within 1 score. The Broncos all but 4 within 1 score.  The Broncos definitely did come away with more wins from them, obviously.  As a Ravens fan, their games were fun to watch until after a few of them, you just expected the loss to happen and were just waiting for it, so it ended up just being disappointing after a little while.  I'm not a Broncos fan, so I don't know how fun it was for their fans, but I'm imagining its more fun when you actually believe your team will win those games.  Congrats to the Broncos though, on a great season and winning the Bowl. Love watching dominant defenses.

• Upvote 2

No team has won (and probably played in) more close games than DEN this year.

The Ravens had all but 2 games within 1 score. The Broncos all but 4 within 1 score.  The Broncos definitely did come away with more wins from them, obviously.  As a Ravens fan, their games were fun to watch until after a few of them, you just expected the loss to happen and were just waiting for it, so it ended up just being disappointing after a little while.  I'm not a Broncos fan, so I don't know how fun it was for their fans, but I'm imagining its more fun when you actually believe your team will win those games.  Congrats to the Broncos though, on a great season and winning the Bowl. Love watching dominant defenses.

Each loss was heart-crushing because you every week you finally think that this might be the one that turns the season around and then something happens. 

+Malcolm    4540

by far my most profitable superbowl

i cashed in so many futures i am disgusted i put 2k into them throughout the year

• Upvote 1

Joe.    4931

How do Patriots fans handle these emotions multiple times in their lives? This has been a whirlwind of stress.

I honestly think the Patriots have had more heartbreak than any team in the history of sports (in a condensed period of time). They could have 10 championships. It will do down as one of the best runs of any team. But it could have been without argument. Add 19-0, add SB46, add one real WR to the 06 team and they hold off Indy before playing Rex Grossman, etc. As a matter of fact, I've lived through 2 Patriots SB losses, a Bruins Cup loss, a Celtics loss to the Lakers and the Aaron Freaking Boone HR. 

Anyway, I accidentally visited when trying to check the Fantasy Hockey league (which starts with DuelistG in the browser) - noticed I wasn't still banned but wanted to keep my word.

So my post SB analysis a month later.

ALL the credit in the world to the Denver D. I didn't think it was possible for a defense to win a game without a single contribution from the offense. I'm being honest when I say this - I think Denver wins the SB if the Broncos take a knee on every 1-3 down before kicking FGs/Punting. Not hyperbole. Pure honesty. The defense was that good and I didn't think it was possible to win a game 0-0 but they basically did. 

Look at this. No comments since 2.11! Madness!

Warthog    165
Welcome back Joe.

Nothing to really add about the SB but glad to see Manning get another ring, even if it was not his side of the ball that got the Broncos there.

Romo is getting a plate supposedly for his clavicle. Hopefully this is the case and they learn from last two times. By the time he gets to retiring he's is going go be a bionic man.